UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's amazing. You can spell out your stance six ways to Sunday, and people just continue to assume whatever the Hell they feel like.

Nobody is claiming they ducked us. Literally nobody that I have seen has claimed that. In fact the majority of our claims focus around the Illinois game, not ours. That was even clear as USF-UConn tried to get the game in at 10:30am with a 5 minute shorter halftime.

C'mon folks. Seriously, c'mon. Uggh. Let's get ready for Virginia...

Reaction Score
IMG_0521.JPG
This Strawman has more lives than Jason.

Why do you continue to trot out that strawman? That hasn't, nor ever has, been "our" position and you know it.

It's amazing. You can spell out your stance six ways to Sunday, and people just continue to assume whatever the Hell they feel like.

Nobody is claiming they ducked us. Literally nobody that I have seen has claimed that. In fact the majority of our claims focus around the Illinois game, not ours. That was even clear as USF-UConn tried to get the game in at 10:30am with a 5 minute shorter halftime.

You were saying?

Reaction Score
You're in rare form lately, Biz, but not in a good way.

1) Although I'm sure that Whaler can and will respond, I'll say that the contention by most of us was NOT that USF didn't want the short week on the schedule. We've continually said that they didn't want to get stuck in CT for three days without practice or film study. That's why they tried to get the game in at 10:30 and rush back into a storm. That's why they cancelled. Period.

2) For the same reason that UConn couldn't publicly demand a forfeit (horrible optics), the AAC couldn't either. Imagine a league trying to break through the P5 mafia actually forcing a loss on their top ranked team, during a natural disaster no less? C'mon, man. Seriously.

I think the Russians hacked your profile, brotha...

The funny thing is Dan is not one person on this board has a clue why decisions were made about the USF game.

I mean not one.

Of course if our rock star AD is a member here then there
is one person who has a clue.

Reaction Score

I'm saying you are an idiot because your original post left out the "distracted" by the storm comment and the part about not having enough time to prepare for iIlinois which is clear in my post.

You think we had no chance to win last week? Do you not remember the last ranked conference team that visited the Rent and went home with a loss at the hands of Diaco no less. 2015 Houston ring a bell in your empty head?

When you take out the context (which you did) your argument becomes a strawman. Nice try idiot.

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Lost in this whole shuffle was the fact that the UCF-Memphis game was also rescheduled and 8 teams had their schedules changed. Impressive work by the AAC.

Reaction Score
View attachment 24865 They resumed practice Tuesday.

They would have been able to find facilities in CT to practice had they stayed.

Instead of 5 days of practice they got 3.

Attachments

• IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 61
Reaction Score
Wow, so one person speaks for all of "us"? Maybe that's true in WingU-Conn-land, but not here in reality.
Can you quote the post where I said "one person speaks for everyone"?

No? Okay then be quiet.

But here's a second poster.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm saying you are an idiot because your original post left out the "distracted" by the storm comment and the part about not having enough time to prepare for iIlinois which is clear in my post.

You think we had no chance to win last week? Do you not remember the last ranked conference team that visited the Rent and went home with a loss at the hands of Diaco no less. 2015 Houston ring a bell in your empty head?

When you take out the context (which you did) your argument becomes a strawman. Nice try idiot.

What's clear in your post is you said they were concerned about losing.

What was clear in your post, in addition to them being worried about Illinois, is them being worried about losing to UConn. Others argued that "literally nobody" made that argument. You did. And so did HuskyHawk.

Resorting to name calling clearly shows you'r frustrated at your own words being used against you.

I made a joke in the post you responded to, you didn't find it funny because when combined with your previous post, it makes you look like bad.

I've previously made the point that I thought they should have played us Friday, or the conference should have paid for them to bring family and stay in CT. I already acknowledged that Illinois played a role in the decision. I don't believe it was the sole reason, nor that the hurricane was an "excuse" as others repeatedly argue.

I was on the field celebrating the Houston win. I didn't say we couldn't beat USF, I'm saying they weren't so scared of losing that they didn't want to come. That's what you said. Call me as many names as you want, it won't change that fact, and it reflects far worse on you than me.

Reaction Score
Can you quote the post where I said "one person speaks for everyone"?

No? Okay then be quiet.

But here's a second poster.

I did. Will you admit that one person does not speak for everyone?

Reaction Score
I'm saying they weren't so scared of losing that they didn't want to come. That's what you said.

and once again you end your post with the same strawman argument (all storm distraction context removed, illinois practice time removed). Clearly something I never said.

Reaction Score
I did. Will you admit that one person does not speak for everyone?
I can't believe I have to explain this.

I never said one person speaks for everyone. In fact, when I challenged you to quote me saying that, I was making a clear admission that I also don't believe it to be true.

You also don't speak for everyone. You're the one who claimed to represent a group or posters when you wrote "our position".

Maybe you should stop trying to speak for others.

If you can't understand that, you should probably bow out of the conversation now, because I can't make it any simpler for you.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Dan please message me

C

Chief00

Is that an opinion (guess) or is there some legitimate information that you are basing this on?

It is my belief that the addition of UMass would only happen if we are permanently stuck in this conference as we are the only real reason to add a New England school.

if we do one day get an invitation to the B1G or ACC the AAC would be better served replacing us with a scoop closer to the center if the conference. There are quite a few places they could look to replace us without swapping one outlier for another. The only thing UMass offers the conference is a local opponent for us.

Good logical breakdown but trust in Chief00!

Reaction Score
I can't believe I have to explain this.

I never said one person speaks for everyone. In fact, when I challenged you to quote me saying that, I was making a clear admission that I also don't believe it to be true.

You also don't speak for everyone. You're the one who claimed to represent a group or posters when you wrote "our position".

Maybe you should stop trying to speak for others.

If you can't understand that, you should probably bow out of the conversation now, because I can't make it any simpler for you.

I put the we's and our's in quotation marks, a fact you're ignoring, because the others whose opinion(s) I share can speak for themselves. Yet when I said no one claimed USF was ducking UCONN you immediately come back with a poster, metsfan, and insinuate his opinion is my opinion. Not true and what's worse is you know it's not true. Yet you tar me with it anyway. But hey, continue with the intelligence smack. Its all you've got.

Reaction Score
I put the we's and our's in quotation marks, a fact you're ignoring, because the others whose opinion(s) I share can speak for themselves. Yet when I said no one claimed USF was ducking UCONN you immediately come back with a poster, metsfan, and insinuate his opinion is my opinion. Not true and what's worse is you know it's not true. Yet you tar me with it anyway. But hey, continue with the intelligence smack. Its all you've got.
When you said no one claimed USF was ducking UConn I provided 2 (3 depending on your interpretation) screen shots that proved your statement was false.

Yes, they believe there were other reasons for the cancellation, but they did say USF was scared of losing to UConn. You can't pretend it wasn't argued when it was.

I never accused you of saying that. I didn't insinuate it was your opinion. I literally posted a screen shot with a simple question.

You're literally making up reasons to get mad and argue with me.

Reaction Score
What's clear in your post is you said they were concerned about losing.

What was clear in your post, in addition to them being worried about Illinois, is them being worried about losing to UConn. Others argued that "literally nobody" made that argument. You did. And so did HuskyHawk.

Resorting to name calling clearly shows you'r frustrated at your own words being used against you.

I made a joke in the post you responded to, you didn't find it funny because when combined with your previous post, it makes you look like bad.

I've previously made the point that I thought they should have played us Friday, or the conference should have paid for them to bring family and stay in CT. I already acknowledged that Illinois played a role in the decision. I don't believe it was the sole reason, nor that the hurricane was an "excuse" as others repeatedly argue.

I was on the field celebrating the Houston win. I didn't say we couldn't beat USF, I'm saying they weren't so scared of losing that they didn't want to come. That's what you said. Call me as many names as you want, it won't change that fact, and it reflects far worse on you than me.

and once again you end your post with the same strawman argument (all storm distraction context removed, illinois practice time removed). Clearly something I never said.

You're so caught up in your feels you can't even accept that I'm acknowledging it wasn't the only argument you made.

Reaction Score
Lost in all of the whining about my post is the fact I quoted and linked TWO articles that said the main reason was USF was worried about getting back to campus.

I agree Illinois played a role. I wouldn't have posted those quotes if I didn't agree.

Worried about losing to UConn? Nah.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Alright. I guess there were two posters that included USF calculating the risk of a UConn loss in addition to their statements about Illinois. I have to concede that the sentiment was out there as an additional point to the Illinois narrative for those two guys.

But hopefully everyone else will also see that the Illinois narrative was ever present, even in the messages you've quoted. Did I think that USF was going to lose to us? Yes. But I predicted that 7 months ago, well before Irma's formation.

In honor of both Huskymedic and Uncle Fester, I'm prepared to move on to Virginia....again....

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Wow, are you guys married? (Wing-U and UConn Dan, kissing in a tree, first comes love, then comes marriage...etc.)LOL. seriously, can you guys take this off-line?

I know, right? Because if you see that there's a new post in a thread, even a thread that is boring you, you just can't help yourself, right? Gotta read it! No other choice! Can't fight it!!!

But seriously though, what the hell do you care what Wing-U and I do together? Skip the thread. Wing-U and I have been posting together for years now and we respect each other. I'm guessing that will continue after tonight as well...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Wow, are you guys married? (Wing-U and UConn Dan, kissing in a tree, first comes love, then comes marriage...etc.)LOL. seriously, can you guys take this off-line?

Sorry if my response came off a little too rough, but it's one of my pet peeves when people feel the need to control a thread. Just avoid it. Like I do when I read silly titles like "I Feel Sorry for BC". Nobody should ever feel sorry for BC. Like...ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom