UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think that you are remembering the red herring arguments not that actual ones. The suggestion that somehow because USF ultimately rescheduled the cancelled game with us then the short week before the Illinois game must not have been a factor in their decision to cancel the original game is adding 1 and 1 and getting 3.

Y

"a factor"

I'll concede that it was "a factor". There were plenty of people claiming that it was the only factor, only to deny it now . . .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"a factor"

I'll concede that it was "a factor". There were plenty of people claiming that it was the only factor, only to deny it now . . .

Deny what? USF caused all the issues because of competitive reasons.

You'd think saying that is accusing them of being serial killers.

The AAC stepped up and got it 'fixed' from a competitive standpoint which I will admit it more than I expected from them.

Reaction Score
>>Tickets purchased for the original East Carolina game will be honored on September 24 and tickets for the original USF game will now be honored on November 4. Additional ticket information regarding exchanges or any other transactions will be available via UConnHuskies.com and other UConn Huskies social media outlets.<<

;););)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"a factor"

Yeah, don't care particularly.

The argument is dated and irrelevant given that the game has been rescheduled.

Be well.

C

Chief00

It would be greatly surprised if we don't find out that both USF and UConn (us by way of basketball games or something) each threw UMass a bone in the process of working this out.

AAC Conference membership next in queue

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I wonder if the insurance company told the AAC to go pound sand for canceling the game on a sunny day.

My guess is that this is the case.

Insurance companies put very specific language in policies--and I am sure bad weather the day after a game in a different city where the game takes place is not a covered claim.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Won't be able to attend the ECU game as we have a family conflict. Niece's jack & jill party was scheduled WAY in advance on THAT Sunday. Ironically to avoid conflicts with UConn game days. But, glad that the USF game got rescheduled.

Reaction Score
I am surprised USF agreed to lose a non conference home game

WILL USF LOSE REVENUE WITH THE LOSS OF A 2017 HOME GAME?
USF has been assured by the American Athletic Conference that it will be compensated for the loss of one home game in the 2017 season.

WILL THERE BE ANY ATTEMPT TO ADD A 12th FOOTBALL GAME IN 2017?
We do not expect any additional changes to our schedule.

Conference Makes Schedule Adjustments

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
AAC Conference membership next in queue
Is that an opinion (guess) or is there some legitimate information that you are basing this on?

It is my belief that the addition of UMass would only happen if we are permanently stuck in this conference as we are the only real reason to add a New England school.

if we do one day get an invitation to the B1G or ACC the AAC would be better served replacing us with a scoop closer to the center if the conference. There are quite a few places they could look to replace us without swapping one outlier for another. The only thing UMass offers the conference is a local opponent for us.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is that an opinion (guess) or is there some legitimate information that you are basing this on?

It is my belief that the addition of UMass would only happen if we are permanently stuck in this conference as we are the only real reason to add a New England school.

if we do one day get an invitation to the B1G or ACC the AAC would be better served replacing us with a scoop closer to the center if the conference. There are quite a few places they could look to replace us without swapping one outlier for another. The only thing UMass offers the conference is a local opponent for us.
Well that and a justification for the clambake.

Reaction Score
Ugh. This game being a Sunday knocks me out.

Maybe I'm the only one, but the fact we got moved to a Sunday to accommodate 3rd division crappy soccer in our own football stadium stings.
Yes we are going to upend a professional soccer league where they pay players $millions for a a horrible team that can't get 25K in attendance. Give me a break. LOL I watch every Atlanta United FC game and they pack it with 20K every game.

Reaction Score
It was very much a thing. Of course, this doesn't happen without USF being not just amenable but proactive in the process, which kind of torpedoes the entire theory . . .

You expect folks on here shown to be scalitoing crazy to admit it? Please -- you've participated on this board way too long to think that is a possibility.

Reaction Score
Deny what? USF caused all the issues because of competitive reasons.

You'd think saying that is accusing them of being serial killers.

The AAC stepped up and got it 'fixed' from a competitive standpoint which I will admit it more than I expected from them.

Example #1 of not giving up.

1. USF is our best threat coming into the year to go to the big time bowl. Why didn't they just tell Aresco before the season to not make them go on the road the week before Illinois?

2. When they said they wouldn't come up this week, the conference got to decide if it was a forfeit or not. You really think they took a risk like that to have a competitive advantage the next week?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

1. USF is our best threat coming into the year to go to the big time bowl. Why didn't they just tell Aresco before the season to not make them go on the road the week before Illinois?

2. When they said they wouldn't come up this week, the conference got to decide if it was a forfeit or not. You really think they took a risk like that to have a competitive advantage the next week?

Ok bizlaw safety came first so they shipped the non-revenue teams away and had the football team intentionally stay in the way of the storm.

Safety first.

That's what you are going with? Go for it.

They did what they did for competitive reasons AND IT WORKED FOR THEM.

You know damn well the league isn't going to call it a forfeit because you aren't allowed to question motivations because enough people like you have bought into magic words.

They started this week not knowing if they could host and dismissed moving the game against Illinois OUT OF HAND. What else do you need?

They didn't want to play games at a perceived disadvantage. But you stick with safety when they sent some away and staying in Florida being the opposite of safety.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

You're in rare form lately, Biz, but not in a good way.

1) Although I'm sure that Whaler can and will respond, I'll say that the contention by most of us was NOT that USF didn't want the short week on the schedule. We've continually said that they didn't want to get stuck in CT for three days without practice or film study. That's why they tried to get the game in at 10:30 and rush back into a storm. That's why they cancelled. Period.

2) For the same reason that UConn couldn't publicly demand a forfeit (horrible optics), the AAC couldn't either. Imagine a league trying to break through the P5 mafia actually forcing a loss on their top ranked team, during a natural disaster no less? C'mon, man. Seriously.

I think the Russians hacked your profile, brotha...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're in rare form lately, Biz, but not in a good way.

1) Although I'm sure that Whaler can and will respond, I'll say that the contention by most of us was NOT that USF didn't want the short week on the schedule. We've continually said that they didn't want to get stuck in CT for three days without practice or film study. That's why they tried to get the game in at 10:30 and rush back into a storm. That's why they cancelled. Period.

2) For the same reason that UConn couldn't publicly demand a forfeit (horrible optics), the AAC couldn't either. Imagine a league trying to break through the P5 mafia actually forcing a loss on their top ranked team, during a natural disaster no less? C'mon, man. Seriously.

I think the Russians hacked your profile, brotha...

ding ding ding ding.

They completely dismissed moving the game to Illinois. What else could you possibly need to know?

Reaction Score

You need to go to point #3 because 1 and 2 are very weak.

Reaction Score
Awesome job AD Dave!!

Now to name a trophy for the winner of the UConn/USF game how about "Civil Make Up Sex" sponsored by ..........

Reaction Score
Breaking - USF-UConn game cancelled - Florida Football Insiders

"The biggest concern was the Bulls ability to get back to Tampa after the game was played Saturday, as Irma is currently expected to make landfall in Florida late Saturday or early Sunday."

USF-UConn football game called off

Due to the statewide threat of Hurricane Irma, and the very real possibility USF's charter flight home would've been grounded, the Bulls' game Saturday at Connecticut has been called off.

USF's travel party would've included between 65-70 players, as well as coaches, staff, administrators, family members and boosters.

"As I noted in my comments (Wednesday), the safety and well-being of our students, staff and coaches is our paramount concern,”

USF-UConn Football Game Postponed Due to Hurricane Irma

USF director of athletics Mark Harlan said in the announcement. "Several large areas of the state are under evacuation orders, including portions of the Tampa Bay area. After consultation with university leadership and outside agencies, I believe it is not appropriate for our team to travel at this time."

Everyone who brings up the fact the golf and tennis (or whatever) teams still traveled to their games neglect to point out the following facts:
1) those travelling parties are significantly smaller than 70 players PLUS coaches, staff, boosters, and family members.
2) both of those competitions were scheduled to conclude either Monday or Tuesday, meaning they weren't going to be scheduled to return around the time the hurricane was projected to make landfall.
3) the university was shut down and made into a shelter because it's one of the safest places you could possibly be during a hurricane...it's away from the shore, it's made out of brick and mortar rather than wood and vinyl, and there are generators, public safety officers, and medical facilities right there if necessary.

But you know, USF was really just trying to dodge UConn because they were worried about losing to a team they were favored to beat by 17.

Reaction Score
Breaking - USF-UConn game cancelled - Florida Football Insiders

"The biggest concern was the Bulls ability to get back to Tampa after the game was played Saturday, as Irma is currently expected to make landfall in Florida late Saturday or early Sunday."

USF-UConn football game called off

Due to the statewide threat of Hurricane Irma, and the very real possibility USF's charter flight home would've been grounded, the Bulls' game Saturday at Connecticut has been called off.

USF's travel party would've included between 65-70 players, as well as coaches, staff, administrators, family members and boosters.

"As I noted in my comments (Wednesday), the safety and well-being of our students, staff and coaches is our paramount concern,”

USF-UConn Football Game Postponed Due to Hurricane Irma

USF director of athletics Mark Harlan said in the announcement. "Several large areas of the state are under evacuation orders, including portions of the Tampa Bay area. After consultation with university leadership and outside agencies, I believe it is not appropriate for our team to travel at this time."

Everyone who brings up the fact the golf and tennis (or whatever) teams still traveled to their games neglect to point out the following facts:
1) those travelling parties are significantly smaller than 70 players PLUS coaches, staff, boosters, and family members.
2) both of those competitions were scheduled to conclude either Monday or Tuesday, meaning they weren't going to be scheduled to return around the time the hurricane was projected to make landfall.
3) the university was shut down and made into a shelter because it's one of the safest places you could possibly be during a hurricane...it's away from the shore, it's made out of brick and mortar rather than wood and vinyl, and there are generators, public safety officers, and medical facilities right there if necessary.

But you know, USF was really just trying to dodge UConn because they were worried about losing to a team they were favored to beat by 17.

Why do you continue to trot out that strawman? That hasn't, nor ever has, been "our" position and you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom