UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF Rescheduled to Nov 4 >> ECU moved to Sept 24 @ Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perhaps we can simply acknowledge that a decision was made, with a lot of considerations (cost, logistics, safety, and yes, potential competitive disadvantage), with far less than complete information that was changing almost hourly? Perhaps everyone involved then made efforts to mitigate the effects of that decision almost immediately after it was made?

Can we, maybe, just admit that everyone acted like grown-ups?

No, it's simpler to say that USF cancelled solely for competitive reasons because its easier and simpler to feel like we were wronged . . .

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
For those who can't go to the ECU game next Sunday, I hope you find a way to get the tickets to a UConn fan who will cheer the Huskies onto Victory.

I will be there listening to the Giant's game.

I'd go the DVR route if you have it at home, and then pray that the score doesn't get announced in the stadium...

Reaction Score
Perhaps we can simply acknowledge that a decision was made, with a lot of considerations (cost, logistics, safety, and yes, potential competitive disadvantage), with far less than complete information that was changing almost hourly? Perhaps everyone involved then made efforts to mitigate the effects of that decision almost immediately after it was made?

No, it's simpler to say that USF cancelled solely for competitive reasons because its easier and simpler to feel like we were wronged . . .
Perhaps you're not familiar with rule of conference realignment #1? I'm sure you can see how we can be a knee jerk they screwed us bunch.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Or we could embrace the reality of college sports and realize every decision is made for competitive and financial reasons.

They aren't even wrong to do that. If UConn had a legitimate chance at the access bowl I'd want them to do the same thing.

Their only crime is lying about their motivation. Maybe you can explain why that accusation upsets some so badly.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd go the DVR route if you have it at home, and then pray that the score doesn't get announced in the stadium...

I'm gonna go the route where the TV in the club has the Giants on :)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let's just toss out some things schools will do to win.

North Carolina will create fake classes.
Louisville will hire professionals and employs Petrino and Petino.
USC will put your family in a house.
Multiple schools will give Cam Newton 6 figure offers.
Florida State will pretty much kill a staff member who called them out for academic cheating.
Miami runs a floating drug emporium w a side brothel.
Florida frigging Atlanic will hire Lane Kiffen
Notre Dame will let a kid die to record a practice.
Baylor... they will look the other way on a intrasquad murder... serial s e x u a l assault means you get to hire one of the top g5 coaches
Even innocent ol UConn will try and look the other way on someone like Nate Miles or when their head football coach sends it's concussed quarterback wide to catch a pass.

Yet the idea that USF might make decisions to advantage their football team in a season where they have the inside track to the access bowl is offensive to many.

How dare anyone call into question a school that employed Orlando Antigua as head basketball coach for 3 years? Clearly these are 'adults'.

Certainly we learned during the Jim Leavitt firing you can trust everything USF says.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@whaler11

I didn't find the idea offensive.

The jokes, from several posters, as if this wasn't a serious storm with potentially serious consequences is/was really classless.

@UConnDan97

I don't have an issue with you. don't think I ever have.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@whaler11

I didn't find the idea offensive.

The jokes, from several posters, as if this wasn't a serious storm with potentially serious consequences is/was really classless.

@UConnDan97

I don't have an issue with you. don't think I ever have.

If there was a real joke about what may have happened I missed it.

Jokes about USF prioritizing safety and then choosing to stay in the storm rather than leave in their charter jet seem ok to me.

Can you imaging going to a shelter in Florida and asking people if they would prefer a charter flight to Connecticut and staying in a hotel for a few days what their answer would have been?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
DVR will be going for the Texans @ Patriots game at 1:00, but at least I get to see the Redskins lose to the Raiders live at 8:30.

As far as scores go, I don't think they will be announced, but they will surely be flashed on the video board at some point during the game.

I'm toying with the notion of Tweeting at Athletic Director Dave a suggestion to instruct the PA Announcer to announce when out of town scores are about to be shown, so those of us with other arrangements can avert our eyes. I figure there is maybe a 25% chance he does. After all, this is a guy who broadcasts to the entirety of East Hartford when UConn was running a "Wildcat" formation over the past 6 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didn't read this whole thread (as it sunk into yet another pissing match between the regs), but I'm guessing we use our current ticket stubs for the ECU and USF games on the rescheduled dates?

Reaction Score
Didn't read this whole thread (as it sunk into yet another pissing match between the regs), but I'm guessing we use our current ticket stubs for the ECU and USF games on the rescheduled dates?

LOL - It was the 14th post of the thread :confused:

>>Tickets purchased for the original East Carolina game will be honored on September 24 and tickets for the original USF game will now be honored on November 4. Additional ticket information regarding exchanges or any other transactions will be available via UConnHuskies.com and other UConn Huskies social media outlets.<<

Reaction Score
Sadly this is just a count down to him leaving.

then DB ... hurry up and get a whole bunch more accomplished

That's the only way to look at it

Reaction Score
Their only crime is lying about their motivation. Maybe you can explain why that accusation upsets some so badly.
Because it has no basis in reality. You have zero evidence that they lied about anything. The actual timeline suggests that cancelling was option from minute 1 of the discussion about the storm and its impact on the game. But we should never let reality get in the way of any discussion. Reality has no place on message boards.

And can someone see how Chief's elbow is doing? He has patted himself on the back a lot the past couple of days and that thing must be sore.

Six AD's and 3 conferences all managed to make a reschedule happen. That is how things are supposed to get done. Cooperation and flexibility.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, so one person speaks for all of "us"? Maybe that's true in WingU-Conn-land, but not here in reality.
...and in order to support his conclusion he had to ignore half of the sentence he highlighted. Lol, SMH. Metsfan post is fine.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. In order to have any argument at all, they have to embrace this concept:

"USF was concerned about the safety of their players so they kept them in the path of hurricane rather than have play a conference opponent which was not in the path of a hurricane."

Tough argument to make.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because it has no basis in reality. You have zero evidence that they lied about anything. The actual timeline suggests that cancelling was option from minute 1 of the discussion about the storm and its impact on the game. But we should never let reality get in the way of any discussion. Reality has no place on message boards.

And can someone see how Chief's elbow is doing? He has patted himself on the back a lot the past couple of days and that thing must be sore.

Six AD's and 3 conferences all managed to make a reschedule happen. That is how things are supposed to get done. Cooperation and flexibility.

They cancelled when they couldn't get back when they wanted. The timeline couldn't be any clearer. It's as obvious as it could be but you and your side of the argument just don't want to admit it.

CL82

Reaction Score

Lol, you've been flaming on this issue ever since the game was scheduled. Not sure why this has wormed it's way into your psyche so much.

So let me paraphrase you:
Perhaps we can simply acknowledge that a decision was made, with a lot of considerations (cost, logistics, safety, and yes, potential competitive disadvantage), with far less than complete information that was changing almost hourly? Can we, maybe, just admit that everyone acted like grown-ups? No, apparently, because @Excalibur wants to pretend that people said that the game was cancelled because USF was afraid of us.

Reaction Score
Lol, you've been flaming on this issue ever since the game was scheduled. Not sure why this has wormed it's way into your psyche so much.

So let me paraphrase you:

I can say "I never said that" with a straight face.

CL82

Reaction Score
I can say "I never said that" with a straight face.
Uh huh, just like the rest of the board can say, with a straight face that they never said "USF cancelled solely for competitive reasons because its easier and simpler to feel like we were wronged . . ."

See the point? Not sure why you are flaming on this particularly with game day tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Would it be possible for you guys to take this offline? I mean, really ....

We gotta sift thru all this BS just to see if someone has made a readable observation?

Reaction Score
USF director of athletics Mark Harlan said in the announcement. "Several large areas of the state are under evacuation orders, including portions of the Tampa Bay area. After consultation with university leadership and outside agencies, I believe it is not appropriate for our team to travel at this time."

In what context does this statement even begin to make sense? Were the same agencies urging everyone else to evacuate advising them to stay? That's what is inferred by the statement. I believe what they may have advised them to do was to stay in CT if they left to play the game. That was the tipping point given the uncertainty of the path of the storm. Because if you believe them up until Wednesday they were coming despite a possible CAT5 Hurricane. Maybe I'm just too cynical and they really never thought about tonight's game and would have preferred to play us here in sunny CT where everyone was safe, and a Wednesday return flight would have been fine. To be clear it would have been an inconvenience to manage some family issues related to travel or staying behind. But the disconnect between logic and the stated reasons is just too wide for me to get there. I get why others want to accept the narrative and move on. We had no power to change it but it just didn't smell right.

We got dissed, but I hope they win their game tonight anyway because it helps us. Big OOC week for the AAC.

Reaction Score
Would it be possible for you guys to take this offline? I mean, really ....

We gotta sift thru all this BS just to see if someone has made a readable observation?

No.

Would it be possible for to you stop complaining about what is or isn't posted in this thread? I mean, really...

Reaction Score
This might be the most boring, inane argument on the Boneyard in a long while. I just don't understand the passion behind this.

That's just great.

So why did you make this inane post again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom