UConn Transfer Portal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
This news sucks on toast! How many portal defections before we can claim Mora has lost the locker room? Lost best WRs in off season, check. Lost productive RBs in off/on season, check. Whoa Nelly, have we got a cluster**** situation going on.

Reaction Score
Mora said yesterday they couldn’t pay players what other schools were willing to pay.

How does the basketball program afford to pay players? Especially when they get top talent. It cannot be cheap.
Thought NIL had to be private donations, not from the school itself. Not the case?

Reaction Score
I’d take the high road..wish him well. Provide tape if that’s even a thing anymore. And deactivate his key card to Burton/Schenkman
You’re nicer than I am. I’d just deactivate the card.

Reaction Score
Mora said yesterday they couldn’t pay players what other schools were willing to pay.

How does the basketball program afford to pay players? Especially when they get top talent. It cannot be cheap.
It’s not cheap. They find a way to make sure they are well paid.

Reaction Score
I’m sure…just make sure you “pack the rent” this weekend.
Go Away! Hope you are part of "Pack the Rent", or are you only a Husky Basketball fan! Plenty of "All Husky Fans" out there, wanting success for all the teams like Football, Basketball, Hockey, Field Hockey, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball etc. UConn Husky success in all sports drives lots of us so Yes "Pack the Rent" and every other teams arena.
In regards to the RB, that kids been in the program for 3 years and he's not adding 30 lbs any time soon. Let him go look for greener pastures, he's fast, run's better outside and when nobody hits him. We could use a kid that is as tough as him and breaks tackles inside and out. I want to see how Cam Edwards does, and go find others on the recruiting trail. I'm all in for new players getting a shot.

Reaction Score
do these guys stay on scholarship, pay their own way, or drop out?
That is what I was thinking. They did not hold up their part of the deal, so why should the school pay.

Reaction Score
I also said if size was an issue, they should’ve changed his position to receiver. But it wasn’t…and he did fine at rb. “Up to size” is subjective. There is no “set” size. If you can ball, you can fall. Point blank..
You’re delusional.

He’s not even as good as the guys who already left.

Hope he gets a totally sweet $3500 flip flop NIL deal at Kennesaw State or wherever.

Reaction Score
This year is his 6th year. With the covid year, you only have 6 years to play 4 full years. How is he getting an extra year to play?
Houston’s eligibility timeline:
2020: No season
2021: Freshman
2022: Sophomore
2023: Junior
2024: Redshirt Junior/Grad
2025: Redshirt Senior/Grad

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but it doesn’t feel like any of these mid season transfers are NIL related. There has to be more to the story…
Story is why hang around with no PT and an aimless program. The only thing we offer is disappointment. As the week progresses Im getting more pissed not less with another unfolding clown show and an HC sticking with his guns as he flames out in ignominy.

Reaction Score
Story is why hang around with no PT and an aimless program. The only thing we offer is disappointment. As the week progresses Im getting more pissed not less with another unfolding clown show and an HC sticking with his guns as he flames out in ignominy.
Sad, but a lot of truth here. Hopefully, Mora is smarter than he looks right now.

Reaction Score
If he's redshirting and finishing the semester or year at UConn, I hope he's paying his own way.
I think he stays on scholarship for this semester and my guess is they will provide some academic support, but he probably won't need much. No locker or access to team facilities, etc. so he'll be working out on his own. I would think he is hoping to be on his new team for next semester.

BTW, does anybody still think he was too sick to play in the Duke game?

Reaction Score
I think those of us who worked in our careers on a team know that anyone who is unhappy will not be a contributor and actually would be detrimental to overall morale. Perhaps this is what we are seeing here. Best to let them go and hopefully they will not contaminate others with their unhappiness. Give guys who want to play a chance and at least we may see some effort. Losing with effort is more tolerable than the type of losing we have seen this season.

Reaction Score
I think he stays on scholarship for this semester and my guess is they will provide some academic support, but he probably won't need much. No locker or access to team facilities, etc. so he'll be working out on his own. I would think he is hoping to be on his new team for next semester.

BTW, does anybody still think he was too sick to play in the Duke game?

No.

How about film? Do we actually spend time editing it for his highlights?

Reaction Score
Locker room, coaches, I can’t take it anymore.

They quit. Get used to this all the time. Transfer portal is real. Everyone always looking for more PT and more NIL and marketing .
To quote a famous lyric, "playersonly love you when they're playing".

Reaction Score
Go Away! Hope you are part of "Pack the Rent", or are you only a Husky Basketball fan! Plenty of "All Husky Fans" out there, wanting success for all the teams like Football, Basketball, Hockey, Field Hockey, Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball etc. UConn Husky success in all sports drives lots of us so Yes "Pack the Rent" and every other teams arena.
In regards to the RB, that kids been in the program for 3 years and he's not adding 30 lbs any time soon. Let him go look for greener pastures, he's fast, run's better outside and when nobody hits him. We could use a kid that is as tough as him and breaks tackles inside and out. I want to see how Cam Edwards does, and go find others on the recruiting trail. I'm all in for new players getting a shot.
Nobody asked you to respond to what I said. We’re all entitled to our opinions…just so happen a lot of these opinions sound like a bunch of grown men crying. He’s leaving ….wish him well or don’t. No need in all the character shots and ill wishes. I said “pack the rent” because this is obviously posted in the FOOTBALL thread.

Reaction Score
You’re delusional.

He’s not even as good as the guys who already left.

Hope he gets a totally sweet $3500 flip flop NIL deal at Kennesaw State or wherever.
He still has hope, plenty of chance and opportunity on the horizon….and here you are typing your disdain for a kid you once cheered for on a keyboard…your best days are behind you ….lol

Reaction Score
He still has hope, plenty of chance and opportunity on the horizon….and here you are typing your disdain for a kid you once cheered for on a keyboard…your best days are behind you ….lol

And his best playing days are behind him. Too bad. Sometimes he was fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom