UConn Transfer Portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is in his 4th year of college football and you think he can increase his body weight on relatively small frame by 25%? Not happening.

There is a reason why UConn was able to get Brewton and Houston. They have good speed, but they are undersized.
LOL.

Reaction Score
A direct result of the NCAA essentially giving college football the middle finger Think our situation is an early indicator of the portal tsunami to come over the next few years
I think we're on the expedited track for what a lot of programs will be going through over the next decade. WSU and OSU have now joined the club and they aren't the last.

Reaction Score
do you think a football player that has likely been weight training for over a decade can just add 30 pounds of muscle naturally
Likely is a hypothetical; can’t argue hypotheticals. He’s what, 21? Over a decade is a long stretch.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Likely is a hypothetical; can’t argue hypotheticals. He’s what, 21? Over a decade is a long stretch.
Ok 5 years then. That’s well past noob gains. You’re not adding 30 pounds of muscle in any reasonable amount of time after already been lifting that long without enhancements.

Reaction Score
By leaving the program before performing in his 5th game, he just redshirt this year.
This year is his 6th year. With the covid year, you only have 6 years to play 4 full years. How is he getting an extra year to play?

Reaction Score
Mora said yesterday they couldn’t pay players what other schools were willing to pay.

How does the basketball program afford to pay players? Especially when they get top talent. It cannot be cheap.

Our basketball team is actually good. We have plenty of donors willing to step up and we invest heavily in the program. The same is not true for football. We have many basketball-only donors that don't care about football.

And anyways, there are PLENTY of programs that manage to be decent without the NIL we have. Yeah we aren't going to be a top-25 program any time soon, but we have the resources to be a 50-100 ranked program, no doubt.

Reaction Score
I guess you missed the part where I said weight can be gained or lost….comprehension is fundamental.

They've been in a strength and nutrition program for years. The gains he's likely to make from this point forward are minimal. He isn't gaining 30lbs in the NFL or anywhere with his frame.

Reaction Score
Ok 5 years then. That’s well past noob gains. You’re not adding 30 pounds of muscle in any reasonable amount of time after already been lifting that long without enhancements.
Size isn’t everything …lol while you’re still making that case; the reality is there are teams who will take that chance because of his speed. That Bucs have a receiver that is 155 pounds. You may not want to believe it but it’s factual. I’ll reiterate he’s an athlete, he’ll find his niche.

Reaction Score
They've been in a strength and nutrition program for years. The gains he's likely to make from this point forward are minimal. He isn't gaining 30lbs in the NFL or anywhere with his frame.
K.

Reaction Score
Well, Gilyard having bailed may explain why when Mitchell got tossed we just abandoned the 4-3-4 completely and played 4-2-5 on every down.

Losing Devontae is a gut punch. Maybe our best offensive player. Morale must be absolutely gone in Storrs.

Agree with all that. What's a bit surprising to me is that Mora did a fabulous job last year keeping the team together and focused after a really tough start to the season. This season appears to be just the opposite.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Size isn’t everything …lol while you’re still making that case; the reality is there are teams who will take that chance because of his speed. That Bucs have a receiver that is 155 pounds. You may not want to believe it but it’s factual. I’ll reiterate he’s an athlete, he’ll find his niche.
You literally said that he could gain the weight to get up to size

Reaction Score
I am curious about what happens with these players once they declare they are transferring. Do they lose access to the trainers, facilities, tutors, etc? Are they just regular students for the semester? Eat in the standard dining halls vs. the team dining? I can't imagine the team would want them hanging around the facilities, etc.
They generally lose access to facilities etc. For the most part I suspect they just go away though I don’t know that for certain. I suppose if you were really interested in getting an education you could stay in school. Most just go away.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
They generally lose access to facilities etc. For the most part I suspect they just go away though I don’t know that for certain. I suppose if you were really interested in getting an education you could stay in school. Most just go away.
I think there’s a difference in what happens when the player has completed the season and enters the portal versus sitting out during the season and entering the portal.

Reaction Score
You literally said that he could gain the weight to get up to size
I also said if size was an issue, they should’ve changed his position to receiver. But it wasn’t…and he did fine at rb. “Up to size” is subjective. There is no “set” size. If you can ball, you can fall. Point blank..

Reaction Score
I think there is a need to stay academically eligible though. Such a weird world now though

Reaction Score
I’ll buy him a Boy Scout tent to sleep in, and a pot to piss in.

Yup I’m that bitter. Brothers in arms HA!
He's on his 3rd RB coach in 3 years, on one of the worst teams in the nation with a putrid offense. I think he has put enough into the program to wish him well in the future.

Would it have been better if he left after the season, of course, but we also don't know his personal situation.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The team has played below expectations collectively and no one has stood out individually.

Players leaving losing programs is normal. As fans, we hope it's the "right" players leaving and not players leaving who could be making more of an impact if their roles were larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom