Men - UConn @ Tampa FL (Fri. 2/18/22 @6:52p vs. USF > Sat. 2/19/22 @12p vs. Charlotte & Sun. 2/22/22 @8:50 vs. Louisville (All games audio>MIXLR) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Tampa FL (Fri. 2/18/22 @6:52p vs. USF > Sat. 2/19/22 @12p vs. Charlotte & Sun. 2/22/22 @8:50 vs. Louisville (All games audio>MIXLR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bottom of the 10th, 5-4 UConn, Justin Willis in to pitch.

Reaction Score
If I heard earlier in the game correctly, USF is returning 7 of their 9 regulars from a team that went to supers last year. Think this’ll be a very nice win. Feels great to be 1-0!

Reaction Score
Great win. All solid teams in this tourney, but Charlotte may be the least impressive on paper. God knows what the bullpen will look like behind Gallagher — Coe, Alejandro and maybe Sullivan — but we should be able to do some scoring.

I want to talk about newcomers who couldn’t get it done, but it was one game and this was baseball. So I’ll be mature and remember that last year Chris Winkle and Kyler Fedko started so poorly they got benched, and will give people time.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We outhit them 11-7 and had way less strikeouts than them, on the road. Nerds will think highly of this performance on the road.

Onto Rice Owl killer Charlotte. Beat them down!

Reaction Score
I’m sure it has something to do with the Big East media rights contract, but it seems childish that the school will provide fans links to the internet radio and stats, and doesn’t mention the link to internet tv broadcast.

Reaction Score
I’m sure it has something to do with the Big East media rights contract, but it seems childish that the school will provide fans links to the internet radio and stats, and doesn’t mention the link to internet tv broadcast.
It may be because it looks like the game isn’t on ESPN+ anymore (originally all 3 games on UConn’s on-line schedule showed ESPN+, today it has no such designation). Charlotte has no streaming link either):

Reaction Score
It seems like the Bulls broadcast team is only covering the games USF is in. Don’t even see any tv for the Ville game tomorrow.

Do believe all 3 UNF games will be broadcast…

Reaction Score

Day game after a night game, so Garbowski gets to make his debut behind the plate for UConn. Right now the Donlan is regarded as the first string catcher, but due to the nature of catching Garbowski will certainly see time behind the plate, and this could become an interesting battle for playing time. Probably the big key in this is that one of them shows they can hit consistently during the regular NCAA spring season.

I expect as the season goes along, Kevin Ferrer will get some starts (injuries and slumps to other players are bound to happen), but it looks like Ferrer is certainly the first bat off the bench at this point. He did get a hit pinch hitting for Korey Morton last night. Also figure Morton will continue to get time as a pinch runner and as a possible defensive replacement in the outfield, as he did last season. It would seem he would primarily pinch run for Christian Fedko and for whoever is catching, but I imagine this could spread out to others in the lineup.

Also will be interesting to see if T.C. Simmons gets playing time against lefty pitchers, as that would be a natural time to give Ferrer a start in the lineup. Simmons certainly did the job at the bat last night.

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, Pat Gallagher walks the first 2 batters, both on 3-2 counts. A Bushling error on a possible double play ball loads the bases with no outs. A double brings in 2 runs to give Charlotte a 2-1 lead with no outs. Gallagher strikes out the next 2 batters, but a 2 out single makes it 4-1 Charlotte. Gallagher throws 41 pitches in the 1st inning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, first two Charlotte hitters get on base with a single and double, runners on 2nd and 3rd. Coe comes into the game relieving Gallagher. Going to see a lot of the bullpen today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom