UConn Recruiting | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tilda works for me- 6'6 from Sweden, only seventeen, reminds me (and kind of looks like) Dorka. She has a good outside shot and has a pretty complete game. Tall and thin.
I remember at the time when she was first mentioned on the BY, people were saying she was one of the best players to come out of Sweden in a long time. She is followed by Morgan Valley on Instagram, but not Tonya Cardoza. I’m hoping she’s still an option, but it maybe seems like Tilda has moved on to a professional team

Reaction Score
Tilda works for me- 6'6 from Sweden, only seventeen, reminds me (and kind of looks like) Dorka. She has a good outside shot and has a pretty complete game. Tall and thin.
thats going to be confusing, lets call her Dorka

Reaction Score
looks like she was offered by several schools including UCLA. Cant find anything as to a commitment. Possibly she hasnt pulled the trigger yet
Tilda Trygger 6' 6" 198 cm Had an offer from UCLA in August 2022. In June 2022 from University of
South Florida and Ohio State University, and in July 2022 from Michigan State University and Colorado.
In the Eurobasket.com 2023 FIBA U 18 women's European Championships, Division B her stats were
7 games 16 ppg 9.4 rbpgame, 3.3 assists per game with an efficiency of 19.4 Her Date of Birth is February 12, 2006.
She is listened in FIBA.com as on the Swedish National (Senior) team for 2025. (does this mean training camp or more??)
Her previous club team was Lulea Basket, but while they are 5- 0 this year, Tilda is not on the roster. The roster has
19 players listed including three from the USA, e.g. Robbi Ryan formerly of Arizona State University. A resource that I
have not checked as of yet is the Scandinavian College Athletic Agency. Best resource is probably FIBA with her
name, but there is no active information there currently. I looked: November 24, 2023.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if she doesnt come to UConn and I have my reasons.
Same here.. I feel that Olivia can sense how important her role would be if she comes to Uconn. I'm guessing she might commit in the spring. I hope it's to Uconn. I believe she can have that Aalyah Boston impact we all wished happened at Uconn.

Reaction Score

Olivia Vukosa at tonight’s UConn game to watch Hana and Nika Muhl play.

Wow, great surprise to see her at the Ball State game, her big smile, and even better to see how tall she looks next to the 6' Nika. I know pictures can distort true height but seems easily 5"+ taller.

Reaction Score
I agree, but then again, she would be joining a team with Patterson, El Alfy, Brady, and Deberry.
Like Bald Husky I believe who is already there and potential competition does make a significant difference, even for a #1 ranked player, but a little less so in that case.

For Uconn, the numbers look significant, 4 highly ranked players, but there are concerns with all of them and tremendous uncertainty. Deberry probably shouldn't even be part of the discussion, or a concern for a player like Strong at all. She is unfortunately a huge disappointment and a non factor at this point.

Both Ayanna and Ice are question marks for now. Highly ranked, but both having had injury issues, and thus far neither has demonstrated they will be a quality big by Uconn standards. So three of the four have been disappointments so far, and in Jana's case she might be at the top of the list, because she hasn't disappointed yet, even though she will be coming off an injury like so many others.

On balance if I were Sarah, I would be worrying more about not having enough support than I would be about there being too much competition. Sarah's delayed decision, however, could be related to Aaliyah's. If she graduates and departs on schedule I think Sarah would be the likely starter at the 4. If Aaliyah came back, Sarah's first year is likely being a star off the bench.

Taken in reverse, if Sarah decides against Uconn before the draft entry decisions, I could even see Geno trying to talk Aaliyah into sticking around for one more year, and of course there is always the portal.

Reaction Score
Taken in reverse, if Sarah decides against Uconn before the draft entry decisions, I could even see Geno trying to talk Aaliyah into sticking around for one more year, and of course there is always the portal.
I can't see Geno trying to hold a player back if she's ready for the W, not even to try for another natty. The only way I see Aaliyah staying is if the WNBA announces an expansion team in Toronto starting in 2025, then Aaliyah might stay in the hope of then getting drafted to play in Canada. But that's a remote possibility.

Reaction Score
I can't see Geno trying to hold a player back if she's ready for the W, not even to try for another natty. The only way I see Aaliyah staying is if the WNBA announces an expansion team in Toronto starting in 2025, then Aaliyah might stay in the hope of then getting drafted to play in Canada. But that's a remote possibility.
I could also see Aaliyah (and Paige and Nika) staying if they don’t win a championship this season. Aaliyah hasn’t had the best start to her season, so maybe she’d want to stay one more year to improve her draft stock before going to the WNBA. But, some players are just ready to move on…

Reaction Score
When I went back to look at this again, I was struck by how often the announcer said "wow" after one of Lara's moves!
"Wow"! It is worth repeating! I hope she makes the long trip from Australia to Storrs!

Reaction Score
Like Bald Husky I believe who is already there and potential competition does make a significant difference, even for a #1 ranked player, but a little less so in that case.

For Uconn, the numbers look significant, 4 highly ranked players, but there are concerns with all of them and tremendous uncertainty. Deberry probably shouldn't even be part of the discussion, or a concern for a player like Strong at all. She is unfortunately a huge disappointment and a non factor at this point.

Both Ayanna and Ice are question marks for now. Highly ranked, but both having had injury issues, and thus far neither has demonstrated they will be a quality big by Uconn standards. So three of the four have been disappointments so far, and in Jana's case she might be at the top of the list, because she hasn't disappointed yet, even though she will be coming off an injury like so many others.

On balance if I were Sarah, I would be worrying more about not having enough support than I would be about there being too much competition. Sarah's delayed decision, however, could be related to Aaliyah's. If she graduates and departs on schedule I think Sarah would be the likely starter at the 4. If Aaliyah came back, Sarah's first year is likely being a star off the bench.

Taken in reverse, if Sarah decides against Uconn before the draft entry decisions, I could even see Geno trying to talk Aaliyah into stickin
Does Deberry have a COVID year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr