UConn Recruiting | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m not worried about Sarah. Either she comes here or she doesn’t. Her parents are very well informed about the world of D1 basketball. I trust them to know her and what program would suit her best. They’ve both been through it before. They know what the virtues of Geno’s teaching and team culture are. If she doesn’t pick UConn, then I think that means she and her parents concluded that she wouldn’t have thrived here. If that’s the case, then I think it’s probably for the best. I wouldn’t say this about all parents in this situation, but this family seems likely to know what’s best for Sarah. I trust their judgment.

On the other hand, if she comes to UConn, that means a family with lots of D1 experience and beyond thinks she’ll do well here. And if that happens, then lookout every other D1 team!

Reaction Score
More noise.

Occam`s Razor would say that the reason someone doesn`t announce a decision is that they haven`t made that decision.
While I know about OCCAM and his "razor". I am a pluralist..... things tend to be multi-factorial. Not
to ignore those " unconscious motivations". Oh well, I'll just "hold back" (epoke) and wait the outcome!!

Reaction Score
I see where you’re coming from. I suspect watching a few more weeks of Paige heroics may draw her to UConn. Here’s a generational talent who came to Storrs and endured every possible setback and still persevered with the help of the coaching staff and her teammates. I think that is bound to resonate with another generational talent. If I try to put myself in her mindset, I can’t help but see how supportive the Huskies are. Also very demanding. But Paige (and Azzi and Ice and Jana) are living walking proof of how close knit the community of the Huskies really is. You don’t achieve that just by being demanding.

Reaction Score
Heartbreaking though it it is, I don’t think it’s going to happen. She is exactly what we desperately need but clearly, she has decided to go in a different direction. I think she would have brought at least one more championship had she come here but it’s looking less and less likely! Still possible of course as I think it’s very likely a situation where she may know she wants to come here or somewhere in particular but other factors are intervening to make her decision much more complicated! I wish her well! She certainly seems to be a very classy and grounded young lady and I just hope she can find the best place for herself!

Reaction Score
I meant that Sarah was bulkier in body size and will be able to compete against bigs on other teams.
Yes Sarah is "bulky" but in no way is she "bulkier" or otherwise have a bigger body than the 6'5' Boston...

Reaction Score
Courtney Banghart and AC Joann Aluka-White were in attendance for Sarah’s home-open Thursday Night.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I believe Geno is done, he’s not recruiting her anymore and if she decides to come to UConn great but I believe he’s moving on as if she’s not coming.

Reaction Score

While UNC may be the favorite according to some new rumors (we obviously don't know for sure), it's certainly an easier trip for the folks at UNC to go see her play right now than Geno.

Geno's main priority now is getting his team prepared to play each game, and will be harder for him to travel to go see her play.

If Sarah knew for sure where she was going, she would have announced it to the world. Until we hear it publicly, I'm not giving up hope just yet!

Reaction Score
possibly shes already committed to uconn... could that be the second top five player geno was talking about? hmmm? ... :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rooting hard for Strong to commit to UCONN. Either way, it will make next years matchup in Greensboro a bit more spicy (at least on messageboards)

Reaction Score
While UNC may be the favorite according to some new rumors (we obviously don't know for sure), it's certainly an easier trip for the folks at UNC to go see her play right now than Geno.

Geno's main priority now is getting his team prepared to play each game, and will be harder for him to travel to go see her play.

If Sarah knew for sure where she was going, she would have announced it to the world. Until we hear it publicly, I'm not giving up hope just yet!

Geno's main priority should be to get some bigs ! He has not got any lately. Our recruiting has taken a dip in the last few years with the bigs. We need better recruiting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Come on triad…. You know you wanna see Sarah in that Carolina Blue!!!

giphy.gif

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Geno's main priority should be to get some bigs ! He has not got any lately. Our recruiting has taken a dip in the last few years with the bigs. We need better recruiting.
Geno went after Boston, got DeBerry, Edwards, Brady, and Jana. Also got Gandy. He got some lately. All bigs are not coming to UConn. He also got Juhasz to come to UConn.

Reaction Score
Let’s not forget the possibility that we can/will get some help from the portal for next season! Who knows? Perhaps Paige can talk her good buddy from the west coast to come play a year at UConn. Maybe Ayoka Lee might want to do the same.
The possibilities are there, we’ll just have to wait and see. Alternatively, Ice may turn into a real beast by next season. As for now, we have plenty of talent to win the chip, we simply have to get/stay healthy, play tough, hard-nosed basketball, and maybe get a couple of rolls to go our way at some critical moments!

Reaction Score
Let’s not forget the possibility that we can/will get some help from the portal for next season! Who knows? Perhaps Paige can talk her good buddy from the west coast to come play a year at UConn. Maybe Ayoka Lee might want to do the same.
The possibilities are there, we’ll just have to wait and see. Alternatively, Ice may turn into a real beast by next season. As for now, we have plenty of talent to win the chip, we simply have to get/stay healthy, play tough, hard-nosed basketball, and maybe get a couple of rolls to go our way at some critical moments!
I would love to get some bigs from the transfer portal. Does Ayoka Lee have 2 years of eligibility left (COVID year and redshirt year)?? I could see her leaving K State to go somewhere that she would have a shot at winning a championship. Also, who is Paige’s buddy from the west?

Reaction Score
Would love to get Ayoka Lee, 6’6 and scoring over 20 pts a game, but if she can still play at Kansas State, why leave? They are undefeated, ranked in top 20, and beat #2 Iowa already. I’d say she has a pretty good shot at winning a championship already where she plays now.

Reaction Score
Few of us heard of Dorka or understood her desire and ability to transfer. Who knows what motivates certain players to transfer, but they are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom