UConn Recruiting | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes she has more to offer than just height. In some of the videos I saw, there was some very nice outside shooting, agile attacks to the basket, good finishes, and some nice perimeter steals. In some ways, she kind of reminds me of Stewie (obviously not on the same level) with the way she plays more like a guard but her height and length makes her a threat when she decides to attack the rim.
I'm sure that the powers that be at UConn are well aware of her as she's one of the better available European players..............it's up to them to determine if she's the kind of player they're after.......

Reaction Score
Speculation Question.

Can a prospect (who did not commit in the early signing period) enroll early?

Of course, I am thinking about Sarah Strong in particular. As the daughter of two college grad, I would suspect that her grades are strong and that she COULD enter a school in January - if the rules allow it. I can see argument for and against it but see no definitive answer.

It could be that yes, she can enter early but no, she cannot get a scholarship until after her LOI official date

Reaction Score
Speculation Question.

Of course, I am thinking about Sarah Strong in particular. As the daughter of two college grad, I would suspect that her grades are strong and that she COULD enter a school in January - if the rules allow it. I can see argument for and against it but see no definitive answer.

It could be that yes, she can enter early but no, she cannot get a scholarship until after her LOI official date
i see what you did there

Reaction Score
she's got ballhandling skills and an outside shot.......I cant attest to her rebounding prowess but at 6'6" you'd think she'd be getting some rebounds without much effort.....

I enjoy watching Tilda's soft touch, her drives to the basket, and her PASSING! Her height is
just part of the total package.

Reaction Score
Speculation Question.

She can if she can graduate HS early in time to enroll for the next semester. However, it's December and that doesn't appear likely. And the answer to the second bolded sentence is yes, she can receive a scholarship at that time because a LOI isn't really required. But IMO it would be be a waste of a year of eligibility unless she did the El Alfy thing and just got acclimated to the program and system without playing in a game. Read the Do I Have to Sign a NLI section.

National Signing Day: Everything You Need To Know

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She can if she can graduate HS early in time to enroll for the next semester. However, it's December and that doesn't appear likely. And the answer to the second bolded sentence is yes, she can receive a scholarship at that time because a LOI isn't really required. But IMO it would be be a waste of a year of eligibility unless she did the El Alfy thing and just got acclimated to the program and system without playing in a game. Read the Do I Have to Sign a NLI section.

National Signing Day: Everything You Need To Know
The LOI isn’t even an NCAA document

Reaction Score
I do think there is a lot of value in players doing what Jana El Alfy did. I have no doubt that before she tore her Achilles that she was well on her way to being a starter for this season. Simply because she had acclimated and was more comfortable than the other freshman. I don’t see Sarah Strong doing something like that though. Mainly because if she is still undecided about where she is going, it seems like a lot of work to choose a school, then to forgo her last semester of high school, and then move to the school she is selecting.

Reaction Score
I do think there is a lot of value in players doing what Jana El Alfy did. I have no doubt that before she tore her Achilles that she was well on her way to being a starter for this season. Simply because she had acclimated and was more comfortable than the other freshman. I don’t see Sarah Strong doing something like that though. Mainly because if she is still undecided about where she is going, it seems like a lot of work to choose a school, then to forgo her last semester of high school, and then move to the school she is selecting.
Early enrollment definitely helped Chloe Kitts. Though she seldom saw any PT in the spring, the conditioning and learning the system (and hard work) led to a starters spot this year .

We lost a year of ligibility but she was much more ready after that lost year.

If a prospect has an injury, it is beneficial to get them in the spring for medical And rehab reasons

Reaction Score
Early enrollment definitely helped Chloe Kitts. Though she seldom saw any PT in the spring, the conditioning and learning the system (and hard work) led to a starters spot this year .

We lost a year of ligibility but she was much more ready after that lost year.

If a prospect has an injury, it is beneficial to get them in the spring for medical And rehab reasons
That 4th year of eligibility might look less interesting these days, given how college is these days. I say this as a college prof, and it really seems to me that campus life has lost its luster over the past couple of decades.

In any event, I wouldn't assume that all kids really want it just for itself.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Any kid coming in second semester misses the fall semester structure of skills drills and the build up of defensive and offensive drills that come with long practices. Spring means fewer and shorter practices and being thrown into the heat of battle. How attractive is that? And if you don't play, what have you bought yourself?

Reaction Score
Speculation Question.

Asking for a friend? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I keep thinking about Aubrey and how she plays. Gabby like as well. I’m looking forward to our two recruits that are coming in next year. But I have a question. Is there a player out there that Geno has offered that has same game as Aubrey? I’m hoping that QS can turn into that type of player over time. Every team needs a pest.

Reaction Score
Asking for a friend? :rolleyes:
No. But, if you know any 6-5-ish true post players in Europe that wanna’ visit the sunny South and have a shot at starting next Fall . . . I’ve gotta friend for her.

Reaction Score
McKenna Woliczko, class of 2026 and POI for the Huskies, and recent star with
Morgan Cheli (UCONN Class of 2024 Commit), in the NIKE TOURNAMENT OF
CHAMPIONS is reportedly " maybe better at softball". In softball she was
the MVP of the WCAL, West Catholic Athletic League. She is "rangy" shortstop and
has a " cannon of an arm". Her H.S. softball coach, Megan Yocka, says: " what I like
best about McKenna is her competitiveness. Her competitive nature makes her make
plays". Her club softball coach says" McKenna Is a super - duper athlete". Her Mom,
Erica played Volleyball, Soccer, and Softball (four years as catcher at California's
University of the Pacific). How about this McKenna quote: " I DO NOT LIKE TO LOSE"' !!!
The last POI recruit page by Husky Nan (see the class of 2026 listing) does not have McKenna with an offer as of yet.
With her outstanding performance in yesterday's NIKE tournament Championship game
maybe the Boneyarders and GENO should consider a closer look?? She and Morgan now
have the attention of many more WBB fans. Thanks for choosing UCONN, Morgan!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
the MVP of the WCAL, West Catholic Athletic League. She is "rangy" shortstop and
has a " cannon of an arm". Her H.S. softball coach, Megan Yocka, says: " what I like
best about McKenna is her competitiveness. Her competitive nature makes her make
plays". Her club softball coach says" McKenna Is a super - duper athlete". Her Mom,
Erica played Volleyball, Soccer, and Softball (four years as catcher at California's
University of the Pacific). How about this McKenna quote: " I DO NOT LIKE TO LOSE"' !!!
The last POI recruit page by Husky Nan (see the class of 2026 listing) does not have McKenna with an offer as of yet.
With her outstanding performance in yesterday's NIKE tournament Championship game
maybe the Boneyarders and GENO should consider a closer look?? She and Morgan now
Don't have to convince me. I have wanted McKenna from the first time I saw her play.

Reaction Score

I don’t remember when he said it, but earlier this year or last year I remember Geno making a comment about how he was recruiting a player that also played softball. Obviously it’s not all that uncommon to play multiple sports, but could McKenna potentially be the player he was talking about?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
One thing about wanting and getting recruits. Look at who we have, who is coming in, who has verballed and commitment and who we dont know about. We have a very good roster right now with Morgan and Allie coming next season and Kelis and Ganby coming the following season plus there are girls who are highly ranked who have said that UConn is their Dream School. The Big O has been to a bunch of UConn games, and her coaches are close to Geno. Gotta think she's on UConns short list too. We have alot on our plate.

Reaction Score
I don’t remember when he said it, but earlier this year or last year I remember Geno making a comment about how he was recruiting a player that also played softball. Obviously it’s not all that uncommon to play multiple sports, but could McKenna potentially be the player he was talking about?
One can only hope! Morgan and McKenna obviously have a good chemistry together. Let's
keep this idea flowing!

Reaction Score
I don’t remember when he said it, but earlier this year or last year I remember Geno making a comment about how he was recruiting a player that also played softball. Obviously it’s not all that uncommon to play multiple sports, but could McKenna potentially be the player he was talking

I was thinking he was talking about that point guard from Long Island who chose Southern Cal, but not sure.

I haven't seen any connections between McKennna and UConn. If so it's extremely under wraps.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to sign another point guard. If Paige stays that helps. KK will be a sophomore. Ines a junior. Kelis arrives the following year. We have a group of talented guards and wings. Thinking ahead are KK; Kelis and Ines enough two years from now?

Reaction Score
UConn needs to sign another point guard. If Paige stays that helps. KK will be a sophomore. Ines a junior. Kelis arrives the following year. We have a group of talented guards and wings. Thinking ahead are KK; Kelis and Ines enough two years from now?
If Paige departs which I don't expect, Chen at Princeton might be a good 1 year fix. I believe Ivy League players can't use the extra year, at least in their conference, but in addition to Carla being the coach, there I think Husky Nan or someone said she was being followed by Morgan.

If Paige returns to team up with KK at the point, I doubt if there would be that much interest, but certainly if she doesn't.

Reaction Score
If Paige departs which I don't expect, Chen at Princeton might be a good 1 year fix. I believe Ivy League players can't use the extra year, at least in their conference, but in addition to Carla being the coach, there I think Husky Nan or someone said she was being followed by Morgan.

If Paige returns to team up with KK at the point, I doubt if there would be that much interest, but certainly if she doesn't.
No need for a transfer with Morgan and Allie. They both are so good that they could be starting by December...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom