UConn-ND at Fenway (2014) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn-ND at Fenway (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if they want to do it, sure, obviously. i can't possibly imagine they would do this tho... doesn't make much sense.

U

UConn9604

You absolutely do what you have to do to get this game played. Whatever strings we need to pull, pull them.

As far as whether Fenway could support a field, the Patriots have played there before, and even in the current configuration, I think it could. The RF foul pole swings out from about 300' to 380' in a remarkably narrow window -- and you only need 360' for a field and two end zones.

Plus, the RF sight lines, which are terrible for baseball, would be perfect for football.

Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347972059.192215.jpg

What do u guys think of the seating ?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd personally love to shove it up BC's ass, but Fenway is a terrible venue for the game otherwise. Small, uncomfortable, no parking, etc. This would end up being an ND home game for its Boston area alums and subway alums.

This is a terrific point, which questions the reality of this rumor. If the 40k Rent is too small for ND, then a 35k Fenway is as well. It would have to be Gillette.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
We meed to boost our OCC schedule, I say go for it, we would have Michigan in 2013, ND in 2014 and Tenn in 2015, those are quality teams.

Exactly. This is the reason we upgraded. To play these teams. Not for home and homes against Buffalo. This is a no-brainer for us.

That being said, I don't know why ND would want to play in Fenway, unless maybe to further seal themselves as a staple in Boston sports. I would think they'd prefer a larger venue, although I guess Fenway would have some cache as a sports mecca of sorts

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It may be smaller, but they can charge astronomical prices, and if it a home game, they'll control most of the gate. Plus it'll be a huge attention spectacle at Fenway, more so than the Razor.

PS I'm in no matter what.

Reaction Score
At some point it's not the size of the stadium, it's the spectacle of the event.

Fenway Park.
Notre Dame.

against UConn.

Bright lights, big city. Politicos out glad handing. Celebs out to see and be see. Passion of New England.

It's the tmz-uk daily mail- radar online way.

A little perturbed that it leaked, most likely from the Red Sox side. But that also implies a story big enough for the globe to feature, which is free publicity.

Reaction Score
Sure, I'd do the game. But I'd be less enthusiastic than playing at the meadowlands or the razor because as a ND home game in a 37k seat stadium, very few of us will end up being able to go.

Oh -- and whenever you play a one-off road game, of course it serves to reduce your home games because it's one game that you're playing away without getting a home game back.

Reaction Score
Just read the Day article.

Looks like it leaked from UConn sources. Two of them.

Arghhh.

Why leak now?

Reaction Score
This would end up being an ND home game for its subway alums.

Now that's just a cheap shot. Im sure there are plenty of ND alums who got jobs far better than Subway (sandwich artist), after graduation. Maybe not many.....but some.
Look at Mike Golic- He's on the radio !!! ;)

Reaction Score
Someone actually posted a complaint that the seats would be uncomfortable? Wow.

If it's an ND home game and UConn get's 5K ticket allotment, do it.
If it's a neutral site game and both teams split the gate, do it.
If it's a UConn home game and ND get's 5K ticket allotment, do it.
In other words, if this is real (which I'm still very skeptical about), do it.

Reaction Score
"The seats at Fenway are uncomfortable" say the fans that sit on aluminum benches every other home game.

Reaction Score
I would love and by love I mean fecunditying love this but Notre Dame already has 11 games scheduled for 2014 and with their move to the ACC and football stipulations of at least 5 games against ACC opponents I don't understand how this is going to work...........Excerpt below from fbschedules.com

Whatever it takes though make this work........Push it back a year or whatever just make it happen....

Notre Dame has 11 games scheduled in 2014, and two of those are against ACC teams Pittsburgh (home) and Syracuse (at East Rutherford, NJ). With only one opening on the schedule, two other games will have to be canceled or postponed in order to add three ACC games. Games that could be targeted for cancellation/postponement include Rice, at Temple, Purdue, and Northwestern.
This scenario is, of course, dependent on if Pittsburgh and Syracuse remain on the 2014 schedule.
Tentative 2014 schedule: Rice, Michigan, Purdue, Syracuse (at NJ), Stanford, at Temple, at Arizona State, ay Navy, Pittsburgh, Northwestern, at USC.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Why leak now? Maybe negotiations with ND stalled, and Warde's minions figured some public pressure from ND fans around Boston / NE might push ND to continue negotiations.

Reaction Score
just did a little research on how the previous ND deal fell apart. Read this. Remember it was a vocal minority on this board that swayed legislators to take the steps that led to the killing of that deal. Seems to be a big majority here so far that want this game to happen. Let's make sure we drown out the other side.
And the more I think about this the more I'm enjoying the image of BC officials spitting up their breakfast this morning.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This would be awesome. The only negative would be high ticket prices and a potential lack of tickets allotted to UConn. If we could even get 10k tickets, the AD needs to use season tickets as leverage for fans looking to get seats to the game. You also have issues with tailgating, but we could get creative about that. If this happens, there are ways to get a pre-game tailgate. If rPhalen or the baseball bus set up a bus from CT to Boston, they could work with the Newton Marriott if they got a block of rooms. Set up a tailgate in the Newton Marriott parking lot (BC fans do this) and then the bus takes everyone to Fenway before the game. I know it's not optimal, but it's an option.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would love and by love I mean fecunditying love this but Notre Dame already has 11 games scheduled for 2014 and with their move to the ACC and football stipulations of at least 5 games against ACC opponents I don't understand how this is going to work...........Excerpt below from fbschedules.com

Whatever it takes though make this work........Push it back a year or whatever just make it happen....

Notre Dame has 11 games scheduled in 2014, and two of those are against ACC teams Pittsburgh (home) and Syracuse (at East Rutherford, NJ). With only one opening on the schedule, two other games will have to be canceled or postponed in order to add three ACC games. Games that could be targeted for cancellation/postponement include Rice, at Temple, Purdue, and Northwestern.
This scenario is, of course, dependent on if Pittsburgh and Syracuse remain on the 2014 schedule.
Tentative 2014 schedule: Rice, Michigan, Purdue, Syracuse (at NJ), Stanford, at Temple, at Arizona State, ay Navy, Pittsburgh, Northwestern, at USC.

Unless, of course, UConn counts as an ACC game at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom