UConn-ND at Fenway (2014) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn-ND at Fenway (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Face value on the ND at BC game this year are $85.00. I am guessing a game at Fenway with lower capacity would have tickets at or above $200.00 per ticket.

That would make sense. Thats it, the kids can watch from home then and I'll have more beer money @ the Cask n Flagon!!!

Reaction Score
I simply don't know why we would not do this, especially if we get 6 games at the Rent anyway.

Plus, kicking the Irish around is just pure fun. Their fanbase just sits there at goes "WTF, we're Notre Dame and they're UCONN". Funny stuff.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Face value on the ND at BC game this year are $85.00. I am guessing a game at Fenway with lower capacity would have tickets at or above $200.00 per ticket.

Personally, that would not stop me from going via any means necessary. Trips to the Big House and the Car Care Bowl cost around $400 or more, factoring in gas, hotel, food, tailgating, etc. This is a no-brainer...provided it happens...which...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Well that was fun while it lasted.

The dance hall was all booked, the groom dappered, unfortunately the bride never said "I do" before the invitations went out.

Incidentally, has anyone seen Mike Brey's comments today? Brey wants to schedule Big East teams, but only the catholics. No UConn.
nd on any given night could beat one of those teams in a bball game. uconn? lville? not so much. .

Reaction Score
I thought for sure this was a joke when I opened up the thread.

You absolutely do everything you can to make this happen. Play the big boys whenever you can and there would be something extra cool about it being at Fenway.

UConn vs ND at Fenway? Hell yes.

Agree...

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Just read the Day article.

Looks like it leaked from UConn sources. Two of them.

Arghhh.

Why leak now?

Speaking as one who is currently recovering from 2 kidney stone surgeries, sometimes you just can´t control it.

But seriously, it would cool as he!!- could stay at my sisters place in Brookline and take the T, and chig My Brother the Domer after the victory. Awesome stuff.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't understand the anomosity toward Krafts. Were it not for him "playing Hartford" against Massachusetts, UConn probably would have been dead in the water in its effort to go D1. The on-campus stadium concept was dead and it looked bad for the Huskies. The proposed Patriots Stadium (which would have give Uconn a suitable venue) kept the idea alive long enough for the Rentschler Field site to be made available. That bridge was IMO the much needed break to buy UConn planners the time needed to get their act together. Without it we'd be boasting on another win at Maine rather than Maryland.

Yeah, but it cost us the Whalers.

Reaction Score
UConn folks should not have leaked this until it was done. One lesson we can learn from the acc is to keep plans quiet until a deal is signed. I'm sure Swaford will be working to derail this now.

I initially thought of this but then remembered the ACC is Notre Dame's new bitch.

Reaction Score
I hate ND, wouldn't spend a penny to see then play if it wasn't a home UCONN game at the rent

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I love the idea, Imagine you are BC: "Why doesn't ND want to play us at Fenway? Why is Fenway offering UConn? Would it be a weekend when we are at home? Or on TV? IN THE SAME TIME SLOT :>

Reaction Score
I hate ND, wouldn't spend a penny to see then play if it wasn't a home UCONN game at the rent

Unfortunately that ship has sailed due to our shortsightedness years ago...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I love the idea, Imagine you are BC: "Why doesn't ND want to play us at Fenway? Why is Fenway offering UConn? Would it be a weekend when we are at home? Or on TV? IN THE SAME TIME SLOT :>

Um because Notre Dame already plays BC in Boston and it's not their home game to sell the tickets to? If BC wanted to move their games to Fenway and let ND be the home team I'm sure they would love to get that call.

U

UConn9604

Yeah, but it cost us the Whalers.

The Whale's last season was 1996-97; the Patriots "agreed" to come here in November 1998. If anything, Rowland and Ritter were able to cobble support together for the Patriots deal because we lost the Whalers (not the other way around).

Reaction Score
I hope this happens. If we still get at least six home games then it is a good idea.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
That sucks. I wasn't going to wade through 17 pages of threads, so thanks.

He's wrong. It's still in discussions, that's all that's been said yet

Reaction Score
I wonder if Rowland would have tried harder if he didn't think he had the Pats coming.

I think Rowland didn't want the WHALERS to leave, but he wasn't going to spend TAXPAYERS $$$ for Karmanos. PK wasn't going to spend a dime - the taxpayers would be... and remember, we were upset still at the INCOME TAX... (whivch the DEMS are using to wreck the state..9% unemployment?? Nice going GOV.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom