UConn Moves To #1 | The Boneyard

UConn Moves To #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I smell monkey business! Why would they even change their ranking right now???? Although I feel UCONN is the best team in the country, they should've left us at #2. Clearly they're trying to soften the blow to ND provided we (UCONN) win on Wednesday. Just so they can say well #1 is supposed to win! What the crap ever!!!! However, if ND were to somehow win, they'll say it was an "upset"... GET THE ............... OUT OF HERE with the unnecessary roughness! Annnnywhooooo........GO UCONN!

Reaction Score
I'm surprised... and yet I'm not. :oops:

Well, we know how UConn performs at #1 ;) Good luck to Muffet and her Tuffets!

Reaction Score
Obviously, it'd be cooler for UConn to be #2, but it is a fair ranking, if we focus not on past accomplishments (UConn) or current "buzz" (Notre Dame) but just the body of work this year. Both teams have been great, but UConn has taken on all comers.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I smell monkey business! Why would they even change their ranking right now???? Although I feel UCONN is the best team in the country, they should've left us at #2. Clearly they're trying to soften the blow to ND provided we (UCONN) win on Wednesday. Just so they can say well #1 is supposed to win! What the crap ever!!!! However, if ND were to somehow win, they'll say it was an "upset"... GET THE ..... OUT OF HERE with the unnecessary roughness! Annnnywhooooo...GO UCONN!
No actually they are trying to diminish UCONN's SOS. ;)

Reaction Score
Or played more than 1 ranked team. :rolleyes:
I said in an earlier posting that UConn had done everything it could to move up, but ND hadn't done enough to move down. I STILL don't think that ND did anything to move down, but their early schedule was light, whereas UConn's has been ludicrous. I think this is the voters no longer seeing UConn as an inexperienced team (beating #12/2/15/14), instead considering ND to be the less experienced team (beating #17).

You can line them up any way you want as far as I am concerned. Bottom line is that, barring a 40 point blowout, the winner Wednesday will be #1, the loser #2.

Reaction Score
I smell monkey business! Why would they even change their ranking right now???? Although I feel UCONN is the best team in the country, they should've left us at #2. Clearly they're trying to soften the blow to ND provided we (UCONN) win on Wednesday. Just so they can say well #1 is supposed to win! What the crap ever!!!! However, if ND were to somehow win, they'll say it was an "upset"... GET THE ..... OUT OF HERE with the unnecessary roughness! Annnnywhooooo...GO UCONN!
Last week I took a lot of heat for posting that the Huskies should still be ranked #1. And I agree with you. Why on earth would they suddenly flip the rankings. But, think about it. Wcbb and ESPN will build this game up now as the " GAME OF THE YEAR " ! CAN THE IRISH OVERCOME THE BIG BAD HUSKIES ? So, my question is, what the hell has happened suddenly, for the Irish not to be thought of as the " POWERHOUSE TEAM" we've been hearing about ?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And TX coming in at 17 has got to be the highest ranking for a team with a 33% win percentage EVER! I think they deserve it based on who they lost to, but it is pretty eye popping.

Reaction Score
Texas still #17 even they lost 4 games, and Depaul #16, both lost to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member