UConn Moves To #1 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Moves To #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why should it be argued that Maryland only got better. I'm pretty sure they lost some starting talent on their team. I don't keep up with them that specifically but would someone please check that?
Maryland lost seniors Pavlech, Mosely, Pfirman and Howard.
They gained Charles (McD, 25), Slocum (McD, 7),, Staiti (WBCA, 17),, Meyers (92), Watson (McD, 28), Jones (51)
Legend - McD = McDonalds AA; # = prospect ranking.

Slocum and Charles have broken in to the starting lineup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There was not. However, I had already queued up the tweet, did a quick scan, saw that you had already mentioned it, and rather than toss the tweet, I decided to support my teammate and show the entire world that you were in fact correct and that [B]@rvwsleep[/B] should be celebrated for knowing his stuff. :D

Thank you. I'm honored. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is a Bold Statement. But for the past 15 years everybody who has been ranked is good. They are good but not UConn Good. They are good until they meet UConn. Take it to the bank. UConn will win Wednesday nite and after Wednesday nite win or lose for the next 6 years you can count UConn loses on one hand and if you dont hand a hand we are even better. My ole prediction of 195-0 which I predicted a few years ago may come true this Month if we win'em all this year but starting next year...well its all UConn as long as Geno doesnt retire.
Careful Tony, last time you predicted 195-0, UCONN lost their #1 recruit and ended up losing 7 games in that 195 game stretch. Keeping the Mojo of the basketball gods can be very tricky.

T
We're Going to the VERY Top
We're already there, just gotta see how long we can stay. :D

Reaction Score
I don't think you know how this thing works. Anytime a team loses, particularly this early in the season, they will surely drop more than one spot unless the next ten teams under them also lost during the week. I agree that they probably shouldn't drop beyond the number two spot but the reality is they will!
What makes you think I don't "... know how this thing works."? I have been following Women's college BBall since before the first UConn championship, and been a season ticket holder for...16 years. I may not have a vote, but outside of that I'm pretty familiar with how the rankings soap-opera works.

"Anytime a team loses, particularly this early in the season, they will surely drop more than one spot unless the next ten teams under them also lost during the week."

Your statement is a generalization, and while it is a good one, it is not entirely applicable to the situation being discussed. Taking into consideration how close these two teams have been ranked this season, and how the only other teams ranked close to them have taken losses (one bad one by SC, one good one by Baylor to UConn), I see nothing that says that UConn and ND will do anything but end up 1 & 2 next week, barring a blowout OR another loss this week (which I failed to note as a caveat in my post).

I could be wrong, but I can't see any team leapfrogging these two. I see this as a reboot of the UConn vs TN regular season game back in 1995. Interesting idea: I wonder if the rankings would have been delayed if this was a Monday game, like they did back in '95?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The coaches saved the mojo, at least in part.

Reaction Score
Too bad we're not gonna get Kara Lawson's suggestion today - the boxing promotion metaphor of the "weigh-in - press conference, everybody-stares-each-other-down-and-talks-trash pre-event. That would be fun! (and tailor-made for the TMZ-like sports "journalism" of ESPN). We got a taste of that kind of gamesmanship from both coaches in Nashville 2014. Look for ESPN to do something "Ali-Frazier" themed, a la their 'horse race' promo, in response to Lawson's idea before the game tomorrow night. :D

Reaction Score
This like boxing where a title fight will unite the belts (polls) :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maryland lost seniors Pavlech, Mosely, Pfirman and Howard.
They gained Charles (McD, 25), Slocum (McD, 7),, Staiti (WBCA, 17),, Meyers (92), Watson (McD, 28), Jones (51)
Legend - McD = McDonalds AA; # = prospect ranking.

Slocum and Charles have broken in to the starting lineup.
Kaila Charles was a HS stud in the D.C. area for Eleanor Roosevelt. They shut down De'Janae's team badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom