UConn Moves To #1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Moves To #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or, ND's response to this unjust slight may end up as said material for the Huskies. :eek:
Java did they respond...
I don't know, but we could help them out. HEADLINES OUT OF SOUTH BEND AFTER MUFFET HEARS THAT UCONN IS NOW #1:
"Oh, that's just great, we haven't lost a game, won by 50 in our last, and the almighty UConn gets the #1 ranking. That stinks. You think we embarrassed Valpo, just wait and see what we do to the Huskies on Wednesday."
That oughta work, don't you think? :eek: :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

This is great news for UConn. Geno has been waiting all year to top off his OOC schedule by also playing the #2 team in the country. :D
NOT NECESSARY! PREMATURE! STOOPID! Rather be the underdog in South Bend. The Irish (in name only) need no more incentive than their final fours beatdowns. Why not wait until after the game? They waited in 1995. I know, I said the December rankings didn't matter.

Reaction Score
AP Women's College Basketball Poll Week 5 Includes how voter voted.

Debbie Antonelli still has Maryland ranked above UConn. Has UConn 3rd, only voter to do so and Maryland ranked 2nd.
There is an argument that Maryland could be ranked higher .... they played UConn tougher then anybody last year - 4 points with about a minute left. And UConn is not the same team this year while it could be argued that Maryland only got better.

I would not necessarily agree with that argument but we will have the good fortune to see it decided on the court in short order.

Reaction Score
I don't know, but we could help them out. HEADLINES OUT OF SOUTH BEND AFTER MUFFET HEARS THAT UCONN IS NOW #1:
"Oh, that's just great, we haven't lost a game, won by 50 in our last, and the almighty UConn gets the #1 ranking. That stinks. You think we embarrassed Valpo, just wait and see what we do to the Huskies on Wednesday."
That oughta work, don't you think? :eek: :rolleyes:
Absolutely!!! She loves to put her foot in her mouth! Thank You Muffet1

Reaction Score
check you facts ..... last year we played Maryland in Madison Square Garden . two years ago we played Maryland (unless they we disguised as Oregon State)
Correct you are. I deleted my post. :confused:

Reaction Score
There is an argument that Maryland could be ranked higher .... they played UConn tougher then anybody last year - 4 points with about a minute left. And UConn is not the same team this year while it could be argued that Maryland only got better.

I would not necessarily agree with that argument but we will have the good fortune to see it decided on the court in short order.
DA still should have voted UConn or Notre Dame 1/2 or 2/1. Maryland had the super impressive win over Arizona State and Brenda probably had her greatest coaching performance since the Sweet 16/Elite 8 in 2014 in the win over Louisville. But pretty much Maryland is tuning up for the Dec. 29th matchup with UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So, my question is, what the hell has happened suddenly, for the Irish not to be thought of as the " POWERHOUSE TEAM" we've been hearing about ?
Nothing. ND still powerhouse team. UCONN has accomplished more so far this year that's all.

Reaction Score
I don't get caught up in polls, but according to Sagarin UConn has played the #2 schedule so far while Maryland's is 238th.
Yeah, not sure what Antonelli's smoking--Maryland's been far from tested this season...SMH.

Reaction Score
If you want to try to question someone's rankings try LaChina Robinson .... I am shocked I tell you, shocked ......
Texas 8 and DePaul 12. Texas is a good team and their losses were to good teams and they will move back up the ranks but 8 is just too high for a 2-4 team. And DePaul moves up after a good old fashioned whupping?

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Isn't this where someone is supposed to say "we're doomed, doomed I tell you"

Actually I think that's reserved for a Sports Illustrated cover in season.

Reaction Score
They just gave Notre Dame bulletin board material!
Yes... darn it- what good does it do, it's basically meaningless, because who ever wins will be #1 next week, and don't wanna give ND any extra motivation

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Lol you don't like our record as the #1 team? per Wikipedia we have a 186-10 edge. that's a 95% success rate...I'll take it!
And it only drops to 88% when playing the #2 team when we are #1 (15-2) One of the losses was at home and the other in the FF. Unfortunately ND owns that last one, but it was 15 years ago.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
ND struggled against Washington and Green Bay both who are ranked. I have to wonder why? UConn has continued to run like a machine with new parts. Uconn has been very impressive and had impressive wins against top teams. ND has been impressive over less caliber teams. I really like UConns chances on Weds nite at ND. It wont be easy and I dont expect any easy games against ranked teams this season for UConn. They are a very balanced team with interchangeable parts. Two things. Stay out of foul trouble and stay healthy and UConn will be fine. In my eyes I was hoping to see UConn and ND ranked number 1 because I think they both deserve it.

ND will have to come out to guard UConn as UConn has multiple players who can knock down treys. I feel UConn is much quicker on both sides of the ball compared to ND and their ability to hit treys will open up the middle. Butler has not scored alot but has held down her opponents over the past few games. Her presence on defense has made it tuffer for her opponent to score. IMO thats what made things so difficult for Texas and Lang in the second half.

UConn will surprise alot of fans on Wednesday nite. UConn is rolling and learning fast against quality teams. ND has not played a really tuff schedule yet and I think alot of their weaknesses will be exposed on Weds because of it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ND struggled against Washington and Green Bay both who are ranked. I have to wonder why? UConn has continued to run like a machine with new parts.

Didn't the Huskies barely get past FSU minus Romero? And they didn't exactly steamroll Texas either, getting outscored in two of the quarters.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
And it only drops to 88% when playing the #2 team when we are #1 (15-2) One of the losses was at home and the other in the FF. Unfortunately ND owns that last one, but it was 15 years ago.

Pretty much the same as Geno's overall win record!
I did some investigative research and have discovered that since Geno's first #1 ranking season and NC he is 770-53. so in the last 20 years alone his win percentage is at 94%. that's just rediculous :D:D:D

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Anyway, everything will be decided in December and March. Enjoy the ride, and look forward to the great talent heading to Storrs next year. Either UConn or ND will earn that ranking this week. The next challenge will be to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom