UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
WOW i said you were spewing BS before but to say BC carries New England is so absolutely incorrect you might want to take a day or two before posting here again. BC does not even carry the Boston market. You really think anyone in Connecticut would give two craps about an elitist secular hockey school? Again the 30th DMA in the nation...the largest without a pro sports team...with no competition in the state. BC HAHAHAHA

Keep reading your Lvile agenda driven rumors and stick to your own board. We live in reality over here.

What people often fail to realize is that the H/NH DMA doesn't include Fairfield County or parts of the Central MA and Western RI markets in which UConn has decent following. Not to mention the NYC market where UConn is behind only ND and Rutgers in terms of fan support and is on par with Penn State, Syracuse and Michigan.

According to Silver UL has the smallest fanbase in the 2011 BE. You are behind ECU and UCF. Whoever is showing up at the YUM! That's all that's coming. You're maxed out. Our numbers are in line with BYU, Oregon, Ole Miss, and Purdue.

UL deserves props for punching above it's weight athletically but the future is titled toward State U's.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The SB Nation article wanted Cincy too over UConn. BPsghost is laughable here. The same article claimed UConn had crappy football facilities.

Reaction Score
fail-poster-sefp5o6g5u-LOUISVILLE-FANS.jpg

Reaction Score
The SB Nation article wanted Cincy too over UConn. BPsghost is laughable here. The same article claimed UConn had crappy football facilities.

I didn't write the article; I simply cited it. You can complain to them if you feel wronged.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I didn't write the article; I simply cited it. You can complain to them if you feel wronged.

Blindly citing dubious sources as fact is no way to win an argument. They teach you that at the better institutions of higher learning.

Reaction Score

It's much easier to call you a lunkhead for posting idiocy on our board.

Only a Ville fan would think it wise to cite idiocy to support their "superior" argument.

Reaction Score
What people often fail to realize is that the H/NH DMA doesn't include Fairfield County or parts of the Central MA and Western RI markets in which UConn has decent following. Not to mention the NYC market where UConn is behind only ND and Rutgers in terms of fan support and is on par with Penn State, Syracuse and Michigan.

According to Silver UL has the smallest fanbase in the 2011 BE. You are behind ECU and UCF. Whoever is showing up at the YUM! That's all that's coming. You're maxed out. Our numbers are in line with BYU, Oregon, Ole Miss, and Purdue.

UL deserves props for punching above it's weight athletically but the future is titled toward State U's.

Given that the YUM Center seats 22,000 and we average 50,000+ for football, I'd say there are more fans than you think. If your fanbase is so much larger, why don't you compare in average attendance?

Reaction Score
Blindly citing dubious sources as fact is no way to win an argument. They teach you that at the better institutions of higher learning.

Dubious, you say. And you say it, because it's unflattering to your argument.

Reaction Score
It's much easier to call you a lunkhead for posting idiocy on our board.

Only a Ville fan would think it wise to cite idiocy to support their "superior" argument.

Interesting how anything that doesn't support your point of view is "idiocy". You have quite a thirst for knowledge upstater...

Reaction Score
Given that the YUM Center seats 22,000 and we average 50,000+ for football, I'd say there are more fans than you think. If your fanbase is so much larger, why don't you compare in average attendance?

Speaking of the Yum Center...

images

Reaction Score
Well, I don't want to put a damper on this repartee, but the decision (while not yet announced) has already been made. All of this sturm and dang from posters, columnists, blogs, personnel at certain ACC schools, and TV pundits is nothing but fodder to
drive viewership or readership. Enjoy the holiday weekend.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Dubious, you say. And you say it, because it's unflattering to your argument.

You are citing SB nation and the Bleacher report. As in, "My date is French because he said so on the internet, bon jour." I am citing the reigning world champion number cruncher from the NY Times, you twit.

And it's been established attendance doesn't matter but, personally I blame the stadium limiting our tailgating to 4 hours.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Speaking of the Yum Center...

images

Unimaginative. I'd be more impressed if they were used as bikini tops.

Reaction Score
As much fun as it's been to chat with you geniuses, I will bid you all farewell, so that you can get back to warming your hands over your various trash can fires. Enjoy the football game tomorrow - we Louisville fans certainly will...

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
One scalded red tail turned for home. Nice job folks, that was fun.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone actually posted the Nate Silver article that is being discussed here so much. According to this article, UConn has more than double the amount of fans as Louisville. While UConn is cited to have less fans than Rutgers, we do have more fans than Maryland (and NCState, Wake Forest, Northwestern, USF, Cinci, Arizona, Stanford.. etc).

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/

Reaction Score
Interesting how anything that doesn't support your point of view is "idiocy". You have quite a thirst for knowledge upstater...

I already countered your idiocy point by point. You never responded.

To say UConn has crappy facilities (the SB Nation article you cited) is idiotic.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
You can trust me with the difficult stuff Funster. No, not part of the 22%. I graduated from Centre College.

Oooooooo Centre College. Where do they fall on the USNWR list? Higher than Louisville I presume, since you're so quick to deny you went to U of L like you would be ashamed to be categorized with their grads. I mean, I would be too, but I don't think putting them down like you did is very polite.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone actually posted the Nate Silver article that is being discussed here so much. According to this article, UConn has more than double the amount of fans as Louisville. While UConn is cited to have less fans than Rutgers, we do have more fans than Maryland (and NCState, Wake Forest, Northwestern, USF, Cinci, Arizona, Stanford.. etc).

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/

This is borne out in terms of licensing dollars as well. $$$

UConn has 2x as much as Louisville.

Either the marketers sending UConn $$$ are stupid r they know their business.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Well, I don't want to put a damper on this repartee, but the decision (while not yet announced) has already been made.

Do you know this to be true?

Reaction Score
Well, I don't want to put a damper on this repartee, but the decision (while not yet announced) has already been made.
Are you happy with the decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32