UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let ville fan talk. He has less to look forward to than we do. Pitt, Cuse and especially BC fans don't like us because they know they need us. We'll help keep them relevant.

I know that I'm looking forward to the football game tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Then why isn't anyone else besides uconn people saying it? We're not anymore or less desperate than you. In fact, long term going to the ACC isn't the better move for us - that would be the Big12 - which will certainly happen if uconn is picked by the ACC and FSU walks out the door. I never said the Louisville market was a bigger market than yours, my position is that it is completely new to the ACC. A lot of what you are claiming, the BC people say they already deliver. Is that right? I don't know but, it seems somewhat logical. I feel that I've been respectable and friendly - certainly better than the poster that said UofL fans "deserved to be mocked". uconn might ultimately be the choice but, it is interesting that literally everyone with an opinion (outside of Storrs) thinks UofL is the better choice.

Yeah, BC already delivers the New England market.

That's why the rating for rodeo is higher in Boston than a BC football game.

And if you think we're joking, we're not.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
6. Then why is Louisville rated #7 on the list of all time best college basketball programs and uconn is #9?

Why do people think Budweiser is a drinkable beer?

That should start an argument.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The fact that our football and basketball teams games are ranked (currently 6 or 7 of UofL's sports are ranked in the top 20), are more attended, that the athletic department makes incredible amounts of money, that our fans travel by the thousand to follow the teams, etc, etc, etc. That isn't hype my friend, that's reality. I encourage you to check out what is being said with regard to who the ACC should add - it's not just Louisville people saying it - it's everyone else. While you're at it, check out who the fans of the current ACC programs want, particularly those schools where football is important.

I think that it's 22%. Won't you feel even worse when they pick us anyway?

Here are some hints:

1. If the ACC wanted a school like yours so bad, they would have added WVU. WVU is far more better football than UL, but where are they today?
2. Why didn't the ACC took WVU? Well, their academics suck. Last I checked, ACC is pretty proud of its top 100 USWR scholl rankings. UL would be the worst school in the ACC and in the B12 if added.
3. TV markets - why do you think RU is in the B1G? Did B1G gives a crap about RU's on field performance?
4. Who was on the ACC's list during the last expansion? UL wasn't even mentioned.
5. Last I checked, you play second fiddle to Kentucky in your own state. You are a city school, not a state flagship. In fact, BE is where you belong because you are with your peers.
6. You are still in Kentucky. Let me repeat, you are still in Kentucky. Let that sink in.

BTW, based on your logic ECU should be the #1 target of many conferences. Who is calling ECU today?

Reaction Score
why does uconn have more national championships? Trophy's matter. ESPN lists do not.

I agree with you - trophies matter, and uconn has one more than UofL. Besides, it wasn't an ESPN list - I have no doubt that an ESPN list would have uconn at #1. I was simply rebutting the poster's assertion that "The club is Duke, UNC, UConn, and Kansas", which is simply ridiculous. As much as I cannot stand them, a college basketball list without kentucky isn't a serious one.

Reaction Score
WOW i said you were spewing BS before but to say BC carries New England is so absolutely incorrect you might want to take a day or two before posting here again. BC does not even carry the Boston market. You really think anyone in Connecticut would give two craps about an elitist secular hockey school? Again the 30th DMA in the nation...the largest without a pro sports team...with no competition in the state. BC HAHAHAHA

Keep reading your Lvile agenda driven rumors and stick to your own board. We live in reality over here.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I know that I'm looking forward to the football game tomorrow.

Good for you. Look, coming here and being a dick isn't going to get you anywhere. Just about half of what you stated has been shot down. You have a good AD who made a good call on your FB coach. You have a HoF hoops coach. I happen to like L'ville and I generally like their fans. You, however, can kiss my ass.

Reaction Score
Here are some hints:

1. If the ACC wanted a school like yours so bad, they would have added WVU. WVU is far more better football than UL, but where are they today?
2. Why didn't the ACC took WVU? Well, their academics suck. Last I checked, ACC is pretty proud of its top 100 USWR scholl rankings. UL would be the worst school in the ACC and in the B12 if added.
3. TV markets - why do you think RU is in the B1G? Did B1G gives a crap about RU's on field performance?
4. Who was on the ACC's list during the last expansion? UL wasn't even mentioned.
5. Last I checked, you play second fiddle to Kentucky in your own state. You are a city school, not a state flagship. In fact, BE is where you belong because you are with your peers.
6. You are still in Kentucky. Let me repeat, you are still in Kentucky. Let that sink in.

BTW, based on your logic ECU should be the #1 target of many conferences. Who is calling ECU today?

Hmmm...

"WVU is far more better football than UL" & "Why didn't the ACC took WVU? Well, their academics suck. "

Why don't you let the irony of your grammatically challenged statements sink in...

Reaction Score
Hmmm...

"WVU is far more better football than UL" & "Why didn't the ACC took WVU? Well, their academics suck. "

Why don't you let the irony of your grammatically challenged statements sink in...

Why not go find a floozy and dribble down your leg?

Reaction Score
Hmmm...

It's always a sign of defeat when posters start resorting to grammar arguments.

Reaction Score
WOW i said you were spewing BS before but to say BC carries New England is so absolutely incorrect you might want to take a day or two before posting here again. BC does not even carry the Boston market. You really think anyone in Connecticut would give two craps about an elitist secular hockey school? Again the 30th DMA in the nation...the largest without a pro sports team...with no competition in the state. BC HAHAHAHA

Keep reading your Lvile agenda driven rumors and stick to your own board. We live in reality over here.

I think that if you step out of your comfort zone and do a little research, you will find that the reality is that everyone in the ACC wants Louisville. I'm sorry that doesn't line up with your reality but, there it is.

Reaction Score
I think that if you step out of your comfort zone and do a little research, you will find that the reality is that everyone in the ACC wants Louisville. I'm sorry that doesn't line up with your reality but, there it is.

you mean message board posters?

Reaction Score
Good for you. Look, coming here and being a dick isn't going to get you anywhere. Just about half of what you stated has been shot down. You have a good AD who made a good call on your FB coach. You have a HoF hoops coach. I happen to like L'ville and I generally like their fans. You, however, can kiss my ass.

You don't seem very fun to be the Funster...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Florida State aint everyone, son.

FSU and Clemson want Louisville. VT doesnt really care. Everyone else wants UConn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
Pretty sure both Coach K and Roy Williams were both publicly clamoring for UConn last round...

I guess it's everyone in the ACC except for those two.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dear BobbyP:

Regarding your recent arguments...

Louisville vs. UConn from top 50 programs of past 50 years:
1980-89: UL = 3rd, UConn =T204th
1990-99: UL = 23rd, UConn = 5th
2000-present: UL = 19th, UConn = 7th

So yeah, UL might have UConn by two spots in "all-time" but what have you done for me lately?

UL has become decent in men's soccer, currently a 10th seed in the sweet 16 (UConn is a 4 seed).

UL lost in the regionals in men's baseball in 2012, UConn didn't make it. UConn lost in the superregionals in 2011, UL didn't make it. Despite the disadvantages of being a 'cold weather' school, the baseball program is pretty good. Some high draft picks out of here.

Let's not discuss women's hoops.

I have no qualms with UL being considered for the ACC as it's obvious that football money is driving discussions. And UConn made a horrible decision in going with Pasqualoni, which basically set an up-and-coming program back. But when the arguments start becoming specious at best, that's where the line has to be drawn.

And to bring up the freaking Fiesta Bowl? Had UConn got the Orange, things would've been different. But given how the Fiesta was a total ripoff (having to also buy tix to an Insight Bowl game nobody wanted to see), I don't blame anyone for not showing up from either side.

Reaction Score
Florida State aint everyone, son.

FSU and Clemson want Louisville. VT doesnt really care. Everyone else wants UConn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's beyond who "wants" UofL - and I may have placed too much emphasis on that part. There is little dispute though, anyone - and I'm not talking message board posters now - that has come out with an opinion (columnists, SB nation and other web sites) say that UofL is the much better choice.

Reaction Score
It's beyond who "wants" UofL - and I may have placed too much emphasis on that part. There is little dispute though, anyone - and I'm not talking message board posters now - that has come out with an opinion (columnists, SB nation and other web sites) say that UofL is the much better choice.
SB Nation ....WOAH, Has Bleacher Report chimed in?

Reaction Score
Most of the funny stuff I'd say about you would go over your head anyways. BTW, are you one of the 22%?

You can trust me with the difficult stuff Funster. No, not part of the 22%. I graduated from Centre College.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom