UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn " forefront" of ACC expansion if by one team" and a mortal lock" if >1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The bigger TV market isn't a smoke screen, neither is our 50% larger fan base. Our higher academic ranking isn't a smoke screen either. As for FB, in our worst season to date as an FBS program we are still better than ULs Kragthorpe years.

You have a nice new stadium and a good coach as long as he stays. We'll see how empty it is once he's gone.

Btw, we are better in BB, too. I'll bet half of today's CBB fans couldn't name Denny Crum as the coach of your two titles.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

1. The claim that uconn DELIVERS that TV market is highly questionable bordering on ridiculous.
2. Fan base doesn't translate into actual fans. Check / compare the attendance numbers from football / basketball games between the two schools.
3. Academic ranking means almost nothing in the world of realignment - but feel free to continue to puff out your chest about it.
4. Since 1999 - uconn is 79-79 in football - Louisville is 113-58 - even including the Kragjoke era, this is not even close.
5. If Strong does leave, the Paul Pasqualoni's of the world will not be on our radar screen. Jurich will hire another good coach and we'll continue to be better than uconn.
6. Btw, you're not better in basketball - not historically and certainly not now. You do have three titles to our two, but in every other measurable way, NCAA wins, appearances, attendance - you name it, uconn is behind UofL. And Btw, we're not on probation either.
7. I'll bet half of CBB fans can't name that Kevin Ollie is your current coach.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
And this thread has now become worthless....hey UL fan, can you stop by a couple other of these threads and spout your garbage so we can all focus on a few threads instead of needing to check 15 of them on a regular basis?

Reaction Score
Louisville's entire school is a turd and you're the biggest cockblockers going in the expansion game. "Don't take WVU take us, Don't take UConn take us, pretty please". Losers go back to conference USA thats where your football and basketball belong.

Temper, temper. You are funny. Programs in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - particularly since you haven't closed your mouths or gotten off of your knees since you were bypassed by the ACC last time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
6. Btw, you're not better in basketball - not historically and certainly not now. You do have three titles to our two, but in every other measurable way, NCAA wins, appearances, attendance - you name it, uconn is behind UofL. And Btw, we're not on probation either.

Really, you're bringing up two championships from 1980 and 1986? Indiana, NC State and Villanova were relevant in the 80s too.

Reaction Score
And this thread has now become worthless....hey UL fan, can you stop by a couple other of these threads and spout your garbage so we can all focus on a few threads instead of needing to check 15 of them on a regular basis?

Having a different opinion has made the thread "worthless"? I had no idea you were so fragile. I apologize from the bottom of my heart.

Reaction Score
1. The claim that uconn DELIVERS that TV market is highly questionable bordering on ridiculous.
2. Fan base doesn't translate into actual fans. Check / compare the attendance numbers from football / basketball games between the two schools.
3. Academic ranking means almost nothing in the world of realignment - but feel free to continue toff out your chest about it.
4. Since 1999 - uconn is 79-79 in football - Louisville is 113-58 - even including the Kragjoke era, this is not even close.
5. If Strong does leave, the Paul Pasqualoni's of the world will not be on our radar screen. Jurich will hire another good coach and we'll continue to be better than uconn.

1) UConn dominates the largest market in the nation that does not have a pro sports team. We are a flagship university that penetrates into NYC DMA Boston DMA and Springfield DMA .
2) Fanbases are likely proportionate to the number of years of team existence. We regularly sold out games when good and still average near capacity attendance in 10 years of D1 Football. Congrats on your decades of a headstart.
3) Academic rankings don't matter to schools that rank 160th. To conferences like the B1G and ACC academics matter very much.
4) You played most of those games in the CUSA..congrats. Since both teams were in the conference Ville has a 1 game advantage over UConn. Including this year UConn has finished above Louville 4 times and below UCOnn 4 times. What a powerhouse program you have.
5) Cool. We will have a new coach next year as well. The PP's of the world will not be hired this time.
6) 3>2. Congrats on having a good squad this year. We will have one next year.
7) I'll bet nearly all of CBB fans can name Kevin Ollie is the current coach by the end of the year. Not sure what that has to do with anything though.

Reaction Score
Really, you're bringing up two championships from 1980 and 1986? Indiana, NC State and Villanova were relevant in the 80s too.

I brought up some other things too. I can understand why you want to focus on the championships though.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Having a different opinion has made the thread "worthless"? I had no idea you were so fragile. I apologize from the bottom of my heart.

It's not having a different opinion. Did you reread your first post? Last I checked people who want to have an actual conversation with differing opinions don't include calling UConn football a worthless piece of turd or some of the other provoking things you added. Clearly you're bored or angry that Louisville may be left in the cold like UConn could be if roles get reversed, which is possible, so you came here to troll. I don't have patience for that, so yeah, you've ended my interest in this thread.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
3. Academic ranking means almost nothing in the world of realignment - but feel free to continue to puff out your chest about it.

It's ridiculous to think UConn carries Hartford? Its own home city? Get your head out of your ass so you can speak clearly.

Football records since 1999 include our upgrade years and your years of playing Marshall, and Tulane. Check the last six years. A bit closer, no?

I'm not even going to discuss basketball other than to say we have you in total titles and have THE MOST NATIONAL TITLES IN THE SPORT SINCE 1999. And that's just the men's team. Purvis Ellison ain't walking through that door, but you should be. Get the out.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The UL athletic department is "head and shoulders" above UConn's in the mind of Louisville fans and a couple columnists. Believe your own hype all you want, but it's not going to change the fact that UL has failed to make a clear case for itself. Check the Big East records. Really the only thing UL has going for it is it has a better HC at this time, which is fueling perception. I would be worried if the ACC was going on perception or branding alone, I feel comfortable that they'll take a wider view of the whole athletic department and university. What's your four-year graduation rate again?

Reaction Score
Umm, it's not only Louisville fans that think that UofL should be added to the ACC before uconn, it's literally everyone expressing an opinion outside of uconn fans.

The sign of an athletic program that has actually accomplished a lot and generated lots of jealousy over the two decades that UConn has dominated the BE. Cuse fans and Pitt fans want Ville over UConn. In both cases, these schools have LOSING records against UConn in football. UConn literally held the conference together from falling to nothingness in basketball over two decades. Without UConn, the conference goes through a decade wandering the desert, it loses its mojo. As for Louisville's vast superiority in football, UConn football is 3-2 over Louisville the last 5 years. Ville's upswing comes from a coach on his way out who used one of the most crookedest recruiters known to the NCAA (a guy who will be banned for life soon) and as soon as that exited, your recruit rankings dropped off. Ville has never accomplished anything in football either. UConn is a football turd. Louisville is a CUSA wannabe turd with nothing to show for it either. And FYI, Uconn travels. Just because 3k tix were bought from an athletic department selling packages for 5G, doesn't mean there weren't tens of thousands of UConn fans there. UConn fans travel better than any other member of the conference not based below the Mason-Dixon line. Ville travels to the Orange Bowl? BFD. Ville is 50% closer to southern locales than Storrs is. UConn has brought 20k, 18k, 15k to bowls in recent years.

As for the rest, ACC is a southern conference, and I've heard penty of people down there admit they simply don't want another Yankee school. Because otherwise, in football, UConn has held its own against the ACC schools, against Maryland, UNC, NC State, including a 45-10 whipping of Virginia.

Keep telling yourself academics don't count. Keep on with that fantasy.

Then look at UConn's licensing fees, they dwarf Louisville's. Why? Interest.

What the hell has Louisville ever done in football? Look at your schedule this year. Smoke and mirrors.

Reaction Score
1) UConn dominates the largest market in the nation that does not have a pro sports team. We are a flagship university that penetrates into NYC DMA Boston DMA and Springfield DMA .
2) Fanbases are likely proportionate to the number of years of team existence. We regularly sold out games when good and still average near capacity attendance in 10 years of D1 Football. Congrats on your decades of a headstart.
3) Academic rankings don't matter to schools that rank 160th. To conferences like the B1G and ACC academics matter very much.
4) You played most of those games in the CUSA..congrats. Since both teams were in the conference Ville has a 1 game advantage over UConn. Including this year UConn has finished above Louville 4 times and below UCOnn 4 times. What a powerhouse program you have.
5) Cool. We will have a new coach next year as well. The PP's of the world will not be hired this time.
6) 3>2. Congrats on having a good squad this year. We will have one next year.
7) I'll bet nearly all of CBB fans can name Kevin Ollie is the current coach by the end of the year. Not sure what that has to do with anything though.

1. We can agree to disagree about the market - though it seems that the only people agreeing with you are uconn fans and the people that agree with me, is pretty much everyone else.
2. There will always be reasons for greater fanbase numbers and attendance. If our "headstart" makes us better, well then we're still better.
3. Academic records mean more to schools who's athletics don't match up with competitors for conference slots. Who they don't matter to, are the people making the long term decisions for conference survival.
4. It will be a two game advantage after Saturday.
5. I hear Charlie Weis might be available.
6. I hope you do.
7. It had as much relevance as your Denny Crum comment
8. Lists are fun!

Reaction Score
This Louisville hype is beyond absurd. I've actually heard people touting Ville women's hoops as top 10, and Louisville soccer too! I've heard people say UConn's football facilities are crappy and that Ville is building great new facilities.

All you need to do to understand the extent of UConn's penetration in the market up here is to look at the licensing fees it gets. They are double Louisville's.

Reaction Score

How's your football team doing with APR?

UConn's titles are recent, not from the stone ages.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

1. Nate Silver disagrees with you.
2. TV sets and product licensing trump stadium attendance.
3. Every move by the ACC and B1G Presidents disagree with you.
4. You are including FCS transition years to make your point, congrats. To the extent on the field result matter (they don't) we have two BE titles in 7 years. We are good enough on the field.
5. If you ask the folks here, PP.wasn't on our radar either. The guy who hired him got a one way ticket to Hofstra.
6. Any results achieved while wearing Chuck Taylors are irrelevant. In the Espn/64 team NCAA era UL is a nobody compared to UConn. The club is Duke, UNC, UConn, and Kansas. UL doesn't make the probation list.
7.ESPN disagrees with you.

Reaction Score
Were those your seats? Man, no wonder uconn lost millions of dollars on the game - it's fans are cheapskates...

How many paid seats did Oklahoma have for that game, just a 1 state drive away?

Reaction Score
The UL athletic department is "head and shoulders" above UConn's in the mind of Louisville fans and a couple columnists. Believe your own hype all you want, but it's not going to change the fact that UL has failed to make a clear case for itself. Check the Big East records. Really the only thing UL has going for it is it has a better HC at this time, which is fueling perception. I would be worried if the ACC was going on perception or branding alone, I feel comfortable that they'll take a wider view of the whole athletic department and university. What's your four-year graduation rate again?

The fact that our football and basketball teams games are ranked (currently 6 or 7 of UofL's sports are ranked in the top 20), are more attended, that the athletic department makes incredible amounts of money, that our fans travel by the thousand to follow the teams, etc, etc, etc. That isn't hype my friend, that's reality. I encourage you to check out what is being said with regard to who the ACC should add - it's not just Louisville people saying it - it's everyone else. While you're at it, check out who the fans of the current ACC programs want, particularly those schools where football is important.

I think that it's 22%. Won't you feel even worse when they pick us anyway?

Reaction Score
it amazes me this guy is arguing that UConn...UCONN....does not carry the 30th rank DMA in the nation which it plays its bball and football games in. I guess LVilles 50th rank market which has a large precense of UK fans is the better option. Your credibility stops there and all the other BS you are stating is further garbage. Look I am sorry you are desperate. We are getting to that point, but are likely going to be picked up by the ACC unless FSU can convince the conference that because you are decent in football this year you are a better option. Most of Ville's posters are respectable and friendly fans. I'll go out on a limb and say you are acting out due to desperation over this awful conference realignment saga both teams are suffering through. The facts are facts unfortunately, and the ones that have driven the bus thus far in realignment all fall in UConn's favor.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Let ville fan talk. He has less to look forward to than we do. Pitt, Cuse and especially BC fans don't like us because they know they need us. We'll help keep them relevant.

Reaction Score
1. Nate Silver disagrees with you.
2. TV sets and product licensing trump stadium attendance.
3. Every move by the ACC and B1G Presidents disagree with you.
4. You are including FCS transition years to make your point, congrats. To the extent on the field result matter (they don't) we have two BE titles in 7 years. We are good enough on the field.
5. If you ask the folks here, PP.wasn't on our radar either. The guy who hired him got a one way ticket to Hofstra.
6. Any results achieved while wearing Chuck Taylors are irrelevant. In the Espn/64 team NCAA era UL is a nobody compared to UConn. The club is Duke, UNC, UConn, and Kansas. UL doesn't make the probation list.
7.ESPN disagrees with you.

6. Then why is Louisville rated #7 on the list of all time best college basketball programs and uconn is #9?

Reaction Score
it amazes me this guy is arguing that UConn...UCONN....does not carry the 30th rank DMA in the nation which it plays its bball and football games in. I guess LVilles 50th rank market which has a large precense of UK fans is the better option. Your credibility stops there and all the other BS you are stating is further garbage. Look I am sorry you are desperate. We are getting to that point, but are likely going to be picked up by the ACC unless FSU can convince the conference that because you are decent in football this year you are a better option. Most of Ville's posters are respectable and friendly fans. I'll go out on a limb and say you are acting out due to desperation over this awful conference realignment saga both teams are suffering through. The facts are facts unfortunately, and the ones that have driven the bus thus far in realignment all fall in UConn's favor.

Then why isn't anyone else besides uconn people saying it? We're not anymore or less desperate than you. In fact, long term going to the ACC isn't the better move for us - that would be the Big12 - which will certainly happen if uconn is picked by the ACC and FSU walks out the door. I never said the Louisville market was a bigger market than yours, my position is that it is completely new to the ACC. A lot of what you are claiming, the BC people say they already deliver. Is that right? I don't know but, it seems somewhat logical. I feel that I've been respectable and friendly - certainly better than the poster that said UofL fans "deserved to be mocked". uconn might ultimately be the choice but, it is interesting that literally everyone with an opinion (outside of Storrs) thinks UofL is the better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom