UConn Football Season-Ticket Sales Down Sharply From Last Season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Season-Ticket Sales Down Sharply From Last Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Its everything. Why does it always have to be one or the other?

It's the conference. It's the product. It's the losses. It's the ticket prices. It's the insane guy we had coaching us for 2 years. It's the failure to get us into a P5 and the hapless pushback against false media narratives that kept us out. It's the fact you can watch any game now on ur computer or TV for either free or a small price. You don't have to leave your house anymore. It's the fact UMass usually puts a better offensive product on the field in this entire time span. It's the fact we never put together a schedule than can get us out of this rut and back to winning games.

It's everything. You don't go from 30,000 season tickets to 9,000 in this span without a tidal wave of fail on every level.
This this this.

Reaction Score
This should come as a shock to no one, who actually attended games in the past 4-5 years - especially the late season debacles.

On the condition/assumption that somehow there is a watchable, meaningful, WINNING football team on the field, there is no reason to think there wouldn't be a significant rise in individual game ticket sales - especially late season games that might actually mean something.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Boise, UCF, Memphis, and UH all draw good crowds; 30k plus on average. 3 of those schools play in the same conference as we do. Boise plays in a worse conference. All 4 are able to draw good crowds because they win. Yes it helps that they play an exciting brand of football (all have dynamic offenses).

No reason UConn can't get to 30k attendance on average again if we put a winning product on the field.

AAC is a a huge upgrade for all those schools and there is nothing else around Boise for 3 states.

Reaction Score
Ticket prices went way up for people paying seat donations. I tried to explain that but everyone just got mad at me.

That number includes students and the family freebees.

That is downright frightening.

Sure - but that doesn't mean that we would have sold more season tickets with lower prices. There are tons of "non-donation" seats available. People don't want to come at any price.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sure - but that doesn't mean that we would have sold more season tickets with lower prices. There are tons of "non-donation" seats available. People don't want to come at any price.

It’s clear that free wouldn’t interest most people - but telling us you are lowering prices when infact they went up for your best customers is just plain idiocy.

Reaction Score
It’s clear that free wouldn’t interest most people - but telling us you are lowering prices when infact they went up for your best customers is just plain idiocy.

I'm not going to blame the administration for federal tax policy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not going to blame the administration for federal tax policy.

I don’t blame them for the change - but they created the structure they did so people could take advantage of it. So pretending when it goes away that they lowered prices is a farce.

But what do I know - they have lost 75% of the ticket buyers they clearly know what they are doing.

Reaction Score
Losing team in a minor league is the perception, valid or not.

100%. The problem is that the conference is good at football, but unless you are relatively knowledgeable in regards to college football, it looks like we're a bad team in a league full of nobodies. Going 2-10 in the AAC isn't the same as going 2-10 in the ACC

Reaction Score
Sorry, its not the conference. Winning solves everything. Until we are able to do this, the should cut prices in half and be more active running themes/group events to fill the stands. If they are going to get $X for the seats they sold fill the stands and get food/merchandise.

I do not think that reducing the price puts more people in the stadium. Right now you can get a single ticket for $30.00 with fees. If you want to commit to six ticket (vouchers) you are looking at $15.00 each. Those prices are not keeping people from attending games. How many people have had tickets and not been able to give them away.

It is more of a time priority issue. I only have so many free hours to spread around. Do I want to spend 4 to 6 of those hours at a UConn football game. That is the dynamic that has to be addressed. Are parents with young children willing to prioritize UConn Football over Soccer, Baseball, Youth Football, etc. Do current 18 to 30 year olds spend 4-6 consecutive hours doing anything?

Reaction Score
I don’t blame them for the change - but they created the structure they did so people could take advantage of it. So pretending when it goes away that they lowered prices is a farce.

But what do I know - they have lost 75% of the ticket buyers they clearly know what they are doing.

That's not WHY they lost 75% of the ticket buyers. That's purely a product issue (performance/conference/schedule/etc all rolled into one).

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I would have gone to those games. But I would still be going if I lived in CT. It’s not like the old big east had these great teams that would pack the rent. This league is on par with that league.

The AAC is the old Big East football conference. Three of the schools we still play in the conference (USF, Cincy and Temple) are old BE teams. Houston and UCF are at least on par with, if not better than the elite football programs in the old Big East as it existed at the end. There's nothing wrong with the AAC as a football league. The argument that UCONN fans won't show up to see these conference teams is silly. Seven straight losing seasons for front running CT fans would have brought similar attendance results even if the old BE had survived.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's not WHY they lost 75% of the ticket buyers. That's purely a product issue (performance/conference/schedule/etc all rolled into one).

That specific reason is not why they have lost 75%. But they have lost 75% so maybe they shouldn’t be immune to legitimate criticism?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know, maybe a Thursday night game, which is televised, for a losing team wasn't the best formula for turn out. Not saying that is the only issue, but it's definitely an issue.

Reaction Score
100%. The problem is that the conference is good at football, but unless you are relatively knowledgeable in regards to college football, it looks like we're a bad team in a league full of nobodies. Going 2-10 in the AAC isn't the same as going 2-10 in the ACC

Did you just try to write an argument that sometimes 2-10 is good? it seems like you tried to write an argument that sometimes 2-10 is good.

2-10 is not ever good.

Reaction Score
Did you just try to write an argument that sometimes 2-10 is good? it seems like you tried to write an argument that sometimes 2-10 is good.

2-10 is not ever good.
No, I didn't say anything about good/bad. But you'll get more fans for UConn vs Florida State if the team is 1-9 than you would against Tulane if the team is 1-9

Reaction Score
No, I didn't say anything about good/bad. But you'll get more fans for UConn vs Florida State if the team is 1-9 than you would against Tulane if the team is 1-9

yea - you'll get more Florida State fans

Reaction Score
yea - you'll get more Florida State fans
Imagine the team is 5-6 and the last game is against #3 ranked FSU. And then imagine the team is 8-3 and the last game is against 8-3 Tulsa.

I'd bet a lot of money that you'd see more fans show up against FSU.

Reaction Score
I'm sure more people would come to watch an offense that puts up 50 points a game.

hi duncan - hope all is well w the fam.

the social equity uconn has built as a local brand is certainly being put to the test.

personally, i think there is still plenty gas im the tank.

everybody loves an underdog scrappy fighter overcoming everything and winning story. i see no reason why if the pieces came together that a wiining streak and good story tellers couldnt reproduce past results of a energetic program and fan following.

but my eligibility to contribute on the field is non-existent. they got to win games, and let the rest fall in place.

Reaction Score
Most of us would not go to a Friday of Saturday game as we are all headed out of Dodge for the long weekend at the beach or in the mountains. I do not understand this objection to the Thursday night before the Labor Day weekend.

Reaction Score
Most of us would not go to a Friday of Saturday game as we are all headed out of Dodge for the long weekend at the beach or in the mountains. I do not understand this objection to the Thursday night before the Labor Day weekend.
jhc reall this argument. its like deja vu all over again.

Reaction Score
At time of the decision to upgrade it was for BC Pitt Cuse. Rutgers WVU VT Miami... Now its Tulane Memphis SMU ECU Tulsa Houston UCF... though still a decent football conference there is no connection there, none and being uncompetitive. How often is Navy on the schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom