UConn and the 2018 AAC Baseball Tournament (Updated ~ Check Schedule Change for UConn games) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2018 AAC Baseball Tournament (Updated ~ Check Schedule Change for UConn games)

Reaction Score
I hope these games tighten up so they go through more pitchers. High scoring games with high pitch counts, and a few extra innings would not hurt.....

Tulane clawing back...7-5.

Reaction Score
Houston may exhaust themselves running the bases.

It would be nice if the Shockers can put up a fight in their last 3 at bats.

Reaction Score
What do we think our Pitching strategy is?

I assume Kersten ... and do we use one of the three Lefty studs if we have a second game?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Houston up 16-5 still batting in the 4th

USF up 5-1 in the 7th
Houston is going to tire out their offense between swinging the bats and running around the bases. Perfect.

Reaction Score
I am assuming no college program has the starting pitching if they have to go 5 games in 3 days; or 4 games in 2 days. So the fact that both Wallace and Poulin did normal work yesterday sets up beautifully for us coming into today. We unfortunately never developed the guys beyond ... so a good outing from Dandeneau or Holmes would play nicely to win this Championship.

Reaction Score
USF pitcher finishing a complete game vs Wichita. They should still have a good amount of arms.

Reaction Score
Total bull that we're the away team in 2 out of 3 games. They need to change that "alternating home team" rule.
Agreed. Why the heck isn't it just higher seed? Or in games like the one we are about to play, the team that is least removed from the winner's bracket, or in this case, us.

Reaction Score
So per the current schedule, win or lose this afternoon no one will play tomorrow. The final wouldn't be until Sunday (at least for now). If we lose this afternoon, we would play the "if necessary" game on Saturday, and if we win this afternoon we would be off until Sunday.

That means that, from the bullpen, you can certainly stretch your relievers today with a lead knowing if you hold it you have two days off. I wouldn't be shocked if PJ came in in the middle of the 7th. Not sure about Wallace who threw a lot of pitches yesterday. If we win today, the pitching becomes easy because even assuming Dunlop gets the ball on Sunday you will have the entire pen rested, presumably including Cate, and maybe even the ability to use Feole on 3 days rest for an inning or two.

So we're not in bad shape if we lose today. We'd still come out Saturday with our #4 starter versus USF's #5. But we're in great shape if we win this afternoon.

Reaction Score
Colby gets the start and Phillips back @ Catcher and Susi is Designated Hitter.

Reaction Score
Not surprised with Dunlop. In years where UConn has won the first two games, Penders has used a midweek starter before. I think he hopes to steal a win, and use Kersten in the final. He has tried this tactic before.

Reaction Score
Haven't been keeping track but I assume McClanahan pitched one of their first two games and we don't have to worry about him right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom