UConn and the 2018 AAC Baseball Tournament (Updated ~ Check Schedule Change for UConn games) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2018 AAC Baseball Tournament (Updated ~ Check Schedule Change for UConn games)

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Robin Roberts? So we are watching through the chain link?

Reaction Score

Just hope the Game Tracker is working for the games at Robin Roberts Field, as that is how I follow it at work. I don't think it was working for that Field during the earlier games.

Reaction Score
That video stream stinks. I thought they said the weather was okay tomorrow afternoon and even Friday. Really cramming these games. Wish we had the Spectrum field video.

Reaction Score
Robin Roberts? So we are watching through the chain link?

Can't imagine a couple of video gamers in middle school wouldn't figure out a way to secure one decent camera angle.

Reaction Score

Penders adds a new wrinkle to his old traditional line "The Huskies always play on Saturday in Clearwater" line, adding "unless there is a tropical depression and then it might be a little earlier than that."

Love it.

Reaction Score
That video stream stinks. I thought they said the weather was okay tomorrow afternoon and even Friday. Really cramming these games. Wish we had the Spectrum field video.

Problem is, the forecast is calling possibly for 1 to 2 inches of rain on Saturday. Under the normal format, 2 to 4 games are scheduled for Saturday.

Reaction Score
Winning the Wichita game is key in that it reduces by one the number of games it will take to win the championship or get to the finals. Win and we are 2 wins away and play no more than 3 more. Lose and we need 4 more wins and have to play 4 more games to win the tournament.

I think they will do whatever it takes to win the nightcap and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Unless we're behind the only two pitchers Gardner is handing the ball to I would guess are Cate and PJ. In a perfect world, they only have to use one of Cate and PJ and not both.

You're welcome.

Reaction Score
Problem is, the forecast is calling possibly for 1 to 2 inches of rain on Saturday. Under the normal format, 2 to 4 games are scheduled for Saturday.

If they get through tomorrow, they can lose all of Saturday and still finish on Sunday. All that will be left is either of the "if necessary games" -- if the losers bracket winner beats either winners bracket winner tomorrow afternoon -- and then the final.

Only having one game tomorrow and then a day off is huge for us. We can certainly get 2 innings out of PJ tomorrow, and maybe one out of Wallace, but odds are we will have to go deeper in the pen than we would want. But that's for one game. USF or WSU will have two elimination games tomorrow, and we only have one game and we can afford to lose it (although life is much easier if we don't).

Reaction Score
Who do we want to win tomrorow morning?

Tulane and Wichita State - you want the two higher seeds knocked out because if weather comes into play and they can’t get the championship game in - the highest remaining seed gets the championship (and auto-bid).

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Tulane and Wichita State - you want to two higher seeds knocked out because if weather comes into play and they can’t get the championship game in - the highest remaining seed gets the championship (and auto-bid).
Never knew that thanks!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
These FB announcers are a disaster

Did anybody else hear the announcer who called the minor league CT teams "the Hartford Tigers and Norwich Yard Goats"? He went on blissfully talking about how he wants a Yard Goats t-shirt.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Confession here - I am stupid superstitious with UConn baseball games. I started watching the game on FB live when we were up 1-0, and of course WS rattled off 4 runs and were still threatening. So I stopped watching and limited myself to twitter/BY updates only. Of course we turned things around and won the game as soon . I can't even enjoy watching these games because it's obviously bad luck when I watch them - but I'm willing to sacrifice for the team.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Confession here - I am stupid superstitious with UConn baseball games. I started watching the game on FB live when we were up 1-0, and of course WS rattled off 4 runs and were still threatening. So I stopped watching and limited myself to twitter/BY updates only. Of course we turned things around and won the game as soon . I can't even enjoy watching these games because it's obviously bad luck when I watch them - but I'm willing to sacrifice for the team.
I am the same way with the Celtics this year - very weird
I watch and they start crapping, I change the channel, go back 15 minutes later and they either are winning or rallying and then there's a turnover etc.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Houston up 7-1 in the third.
USF up 4-1 in third.
I hope these games tighten up so they go through more pitchers. High scoring games with high pitch counts, and a few extra innings would not hurt.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom