UConn among 4 schools prioritizing Jaiden Delaire | The Boneyard

UConn among 4 schools prioritizing Jaiden Delaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Jaiden Delaire: Four schools prioritizing emerging 2019 forward

On the recruiting front, Delaire said Connecticut, Stanford, Vanderbilt and Yale have prioritized him.

“Recruiting process is good, there are schools always coming into play,” Delaire said. “I definitely just want to give it until the end of the summer before I make up my mind but yeah I like the schools that I’m talking to.”

Thus far, Delaire has only taken unofficial visits to UConn and Yale. Both trip were last June. Delaire said he’s hoping to make more trips in May or June.​

Reaction Score
It's pretty simple, if he wants an NBA career UConn is his best choice. If not and wants to work in something like finance then maybe Stanford or Yale will be right for him.
Let's hope we can convince him he can make money playing basketball, then

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's pretty simple, if he wants an NBA career UConn is his best choice. If not and wants to work in something like finance then maybe Stanford or Yale will be right for him.
I would be surprised if he's not a Husky.
Or maybe someone tells him about Mek!

Reaction Score
@UConnStats claims Lecque no longer in play. Can you Con_irm?
Lecque is basically done from what I heard. We pressed for '18 and couldn't get a commitment so we moved on before Kentucky & Duke start making their push for '19. Someone did say we're still trying to get a big name reclass for '18 but I think there are a lot of moving parts involved with that and I heard it's not Lecque but someone different

Reaction Score
Jeremy Lin says hello.
Tommy Amaker has not spoken yet. Delaire is at Loomis because of the academics. His brother also goes there and several of his teammates were IVY- league bound last yr. Calhoun was at Loomis in October 2017 to scout him

Reaction Score
Lecque is basically done from what I heard. We pressed for '18 and couldn't get a commitment so we moved on before Kentucky & Duke start making their push for '19. Someone did say we're still trying to get a big name reclass for '18 but I think there are a lot of moving parts involved with that and I heard it's not Lecque but someone different
@JMick just said what I have heard in regards to Lecque. We have backed off for that reason.

Reaction Score
Thats not even remotely true nowadays as long as you perform you will get NBA looks.
And you can certainly get an undergrad from UCONN then go to an Ivy for grad school and make just as much as if you went to Ivy undergrad. Actually more if you count the difference in cost from UCONN to Yale undergrad.

Reaction Score
And you can certainly get an undergrad from UCONN then go to an Ivy for grad school and make just as much as if you went to Ivy undergrad. Actually more if you count the difference in cost from UCONN to Yale undergrad.
Yale makes huge-to-full financial aid contributions to pretty much all admitted students; Yale is probably the same or cheaper for most financially-average folks

Reaction Score
I don't know man, I love UConn for it's athletics and academics, but if I'm a school-head and a great athlete and Yale says come on down I'm going. Future NBA or private sector business you're all set.

I applied to Yale out of high school. Really really wanted to go. Interviewed with a local bank president. Big office, perfect suit, totally intimidated. Little kid from Wolcott. Got tripped up on a trick question about drugs (pot) of which I had zero experience (1972). Prolly got labeled immature, pass.

Ended up at RPI which worked out.

Reaction Score
Thats not even remotely true nowadays as long as you perform you will get NBA looks.
UConn is better for your basketball career than Yale. I know we've stunk for a couple of years but come on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It would shock me if a kid with this kind of talent went Ivy. Vandy, Stanford, Duke? Sure. But Ivy? UConn isn't a slouch academically, so it's not like Yale vs Memphis here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom