UConn AD WM to “discuss the search for a new football coach” tomorrow @the Rent | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn AD WM to “discuss the search for a new football coach” tomorrow @the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
While WM appears somewhat unconcerned and even nonchalant now, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering what we have to offer to the right coach. In every negotiation it's usually the party that's perceived to be acting from a position of weakness and/or desperation that "looses", all other things considered. I have to believe that every viable candidate for UConn has been contacted by Parker long ago. They should have been provided with enough detail on the opportunity to decide for themselves whether they're willing to wait until this evening or tomorrow to have a follow up contact with WM. The right candidate for UConn will still be available this weekend.

Reaction Score
I agree with Warde on this. Names, shmames, I want the guy. This program has everything else save conference affiliation.

^^^This. I don't care that Washington and USC have completed their searches. Most coaches would sell their first born to coach at USC, and Washington is a good job again. I want this coaching search to be done well. Not the half-a**** b***s*** job that waste of cytoplasm Hathaway decided was "eh, good enough." If it takes longer, so be it. As long as the hire is someone who can make a difference.

Reaction Score
KN then sucked up to him by saying JC and GA weren't "names" before they arrived.

Oh my god. That comment was so ill-informed it's not even funny. First throw out the women's hoop thing. It was freaking 1985 and 50 people were going to the games. UConn was looking to fill a job, not raise the national profile of the program. They got very, very lucky with Geno.

Now, Calhoun. He WAS a name on par with Lembo and Clawson. He had a decent record at Northeastern in 14 years with significant NCAA tourney wins, was 44 years old. Could have been his personality was stopping him from getting other jobs -- to UConn's good fortune, thank God.

Reaction Score
UConnFB_Andrew11:24am via Twitter for iPhone
Manuel says interview process will "ramp up" tomorrow. Imagine face-to-face conversations will come quickly.

EdDaigneault11:24am via Twitter for iPhone
Manuel says he wants to talk to a candidate face to face. Tomorrow? "Um, yeah," he says

PaulDoyle111:26am via Twitter for iPhone
Manuel says search ramps up tomorrow. In fact he'll talk to someone tomorrow #UConnFB

NHRJimFuller11:27am via Twitter for iPhone
Warde Manuel said he thinks UConn is in great place to name new coach

UConnFB_Andrew11:33am via Twitter for iPhone
Presser over. Manuel wants rest of today to be about the seniors.

Add to the list:

http://kendavisfiles.com/2013/12/07/manuel-ready-to-ramp-up-uconn-coaching-search/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom