UConn AD WM to “discuss the search for a new football coach” tomorrow @the Rent | The Boneyard

UConn AD WM to “discuss the search for a new football coach” tomorrow @the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Odd timing. Either means it's a bombshell (like TJW getting the fulltime gig), or nothing (because it's too odd a time to announce a new regime)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Foster? Whipple? Brown? Mazzone? Ambrose? Blech! What happened? Greg Robinson unavailable? Kragthorpe? What about Kiffin? Maybe we rehire Pasqualoni? Or we can save everyone some time and just rehire and promote DeLeone to OL and head coach.

Seriously, if these names are the best Warde can do after a season friggin' long search, we are doomed.

Reaction Score
Odd timing. Either means it's a bombshell (like TJW getting the fulltime gig), or nothing (because it's too odd a time to announce a new regime)

I was thinking the same thing. The only way this really makes sense is to announce TJ has the job. Warde isn't going to give us a list of names, and he would not announce TJ is not a candidate before the game.

I half wonder if TJ won.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. The only way this really makes sense is to announce TJ has the job. Warde isn't going to give us a list of names, and he would not announce TJ is not a candidate before the game.

I half wonder if TJ won.

It also may mean he's heading out on the road right after game and will not be in the locker room for interviews post game so get it out of the way ahead of time as he's been pushing off the beat guys for weeks.

Reaction Score
MAC Championship is tonight. Regular season is over for Clawson tomorrow. It's possible.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The timing is very odd.

Maybe he is going to say, "Regardless of the outcome today, TJ is highly regarded and will be given strong consideration for the position. I will interview prospective coaches this week and will make my decision upon careful deliberation with the search committee."

Reaction Score
Palatine reported that Casey was just wearing a T-shirt during the Husky walk. I'd be willing to bet I know who Casey wants to have the job.

Don't underestimate the players' opinion on TJ, that counts. If the players aren't on board you have nothing (witness the Buffalo game)

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This makes no sense. Even if he is travelling after the game, I don't know why he feels the need to say anything at all.

Reaction Score
Geeezus we are a bunch of self-entitled mother foxxers. Guy has been secretive so far and we bitch. We get a cryptic announcement that he will be talking about the search tomorrow and we bitch. Bitch Bitch Bitch. This is why we can't have nice things

Reaction Score
Palatine reported that Casey was just wearing a T-shirt during the Husky walk. I'd be willing to bet I know who Casey wants to have the job. Don't underestimate the players' opinion on TJ, that counts. If the players aren't on board you have nothing.

They were all on board and very supportive for MHOC Dave Berard and we know how that went...;)

Reaction Score
It isn't going to be Weist. He is not going to say anything of substance, just some very vanilla blather about finding the best man for the job and such. But he has to give the folks something and this is it. If I'm wrong and he hires Weist, I hope he also announces that he is resigning and becoming AD at Southern North Dakota and that UConn is dropping its football program down to 1AA again, because that's where this is headed.

Reaction Score
Everybody relax. Manuel is just going to update everyone on the coach search process and probably the timing. My prediction has been that UConn will have a coach by the end of next weekend. Private schools like Wake Forest and USC can hire a coach with any process they like. Not true of public universities like UConn.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Sounds more like an announcement to me, given the venue.

I agree.

I think everything has been worked out and the new coach is going to announced.

Clawson or DeRuyter

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Everybody relax. Manuel is just going to update everyone on the coach search process and probably the timing. My prediction has been that UConn will have a coach by the end of next weekend. Private schools like Wake Forest and USC can hire a coach with any process they like. Not true of public universities like UConn.
What say you of U-Dubs? Didn't see the other Huskies slow on announcing their pick?

The issue is we are low on the totem pole. All the higher profile gigs will need to be filled first.

Reaction Score
This is starting to smell like Weist to me. And wow I don't like the smell of it.

True, it would be messed up yo announce the new head coach before the game. This just seems more like an announcement. If it is Weist then wow.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
If I'm wrong and he hires Weist, I hope he also announces that he is resigning and becoming AD at Southern North Dakota and that UConn is dropping its football program down to 1AA again, because that's where this is headed.

That's a dumb thing to say. Now you sound like Nelson.

If Warde thinks TJ has what it takes he should hire him, case closed, Boneyard opinion be damned.

No matter who Warde hires, if that coach fails Warde's job will be on the line.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is starting to smell like Weist to me. And wow I don't like the smell of it.

It was starting to smell like Weist after earlier this week. It's been that way long before the first win was registered. All you need is buy-in from the kids and that happened awhile ago. Now they are finally winning.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Maybe we will all be told to sit easy about the next coach, he's in his monitoring chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom