U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 8 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Hmm...the rumor mill was right for once.

Interesting thing about this rumor is it was within hours of her commitment to UCLA that she was already second guessing the decision. Such a hard choice for these young girls and they should try and get it as right as possible. Good luck to her.

Reaction Score
Looks like UConn gave another top 20 talent permission to look at other schools..........Geno seems to be very permissive these days!!!!;);)

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 9h9 hours ago
WBB: Alexis Morris (TX-2017), ranked #18 by espnW, has announced her decommitment from UCLA. Baylor is rumored to be her likely choice now.

Last edited:

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
From someone who knows, the recruiting process is very confusing to say the least. You have many people pulling you in different ways (parents, friends, coaches, etc). Obviously UCLA was not her choice.

Reaction Score
From someone who knows, the recruiting process is very confusing to say the least. You have many people pulling you in different ways (parents, friends, coaches, etc). Obviously UCLA was not her choice.

I have a high school daughter who is confused about which sneakers to wear to b'ball practice so I can only imagine what these kids are going through

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 9h9 hours ago
WBB: Alexis Morris (TX-2017), ranked #18 by espnW, has announced her decommitment from UCLA. Baylor is rumored to be her likely choice now.

We forgive you, Alexis. Now, just pull the trigger and give Kim the good word.

Ursin is visiting Baylor Sept 10 I believe. If we can land Morris and Ursin to go along with Richards and Oliver we are going to be a special team in 2017-18, despite the loss of Jones, Davis, Cave and Prince.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
This is why I never believe anything until the kids play their first game Head bang

Reaction Score
Now nice is the UT campus? UCLA is really nice and in a great area.

Reaction Score
Strange................I see UConn on this list of top recruits only once................;)

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 14h14 hours ago
WBB: Reported finalists for a number of 2017 prospects considering multiple Power 5 schools.

CrJh6MTWAAAnhys.jpg

5 retweets9 likes

Reaction Score
IMO it's a weak class.

I agree.....................many highly ranked players have already made their decisions but there are at least five players on that list that have the physical tools to play at UConn and two or three who I think the Huskies would love to have

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
IMO it's a weak class.

Especially for post players...

On the contrary, it's a relatively strong class for elite point guards. If you need a point guard then this year is the year to snag one.

Patterson, Evans, Carter, Williams, Hayes, Morris, Hall and Duvall are all big time playmakers at point guard.. and that's just in the ESPN HoopGurlz top 25 with only two of them currently committed. There are playmakers outside of the top 25 as well.. Cara Ursin being one of them.

Reaction Score
Of course you know that I was being sarcastic.............that chart is just another example of how spread out the good talent really is in WCBB at least among the top 10-15 ranked teams.........................contrary to popular belief, all of the good ones don't end up at UConn these days

Reaction Score
A new name to me.........ranked number 11 nationally, 5 stars from ESPN- 6'1" wing.........a couple of the same old schools involved though!!

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 3h3 hours ago
WBB: Caitlin Bickle, 6-1 W, Cactus Shadows HS (Cave Creek, AZ–2018) / AZ Select Basketball, names her final 4

Baylor
Cal
Louisville
Michigan

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A new name to me....ranked number 11 nationally, 5 stars from ESPN- 6'1" wing....a couple of the same old schools involved though!!

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 3h3 hours ago
WBB: Caitlin Bickle, 6-1 W, Cactus Shadows HS (Cave Creek, AZ–2018) / AZ Select Basketball, names her final 4

Baylor
Cal
Louisville
Michigan
Louisville? Shocking!

Reaction Score
For our ND, UVA and Tenn friends:

Raoul‏@Raoul_000
Raoul Retweeted Derrick Mullen

Danielle Patterson will take official visits to Notre Dame and Tennessee in September. UVa is her other finalist.

Raoul added,

Derrick Mullen @Hoopsking1968
6'3" F Danielle Patterson out of Mary Louis Acacemy had an excellent unofficial visit yesterday afternoon with Coach Joe Tartamella and SJU

• Charlies you made me pleased with both SJU and UVa. If either get them goood.
  • opted for I'm pleased.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Especially for post players...

On the contrary, it's a relatively strong class for elite point guards. If you need a point guard then this year is the year to snag one.

Patterson, Evans, Carter, Williams, Hayes, Morris, Hall and Duvall are all big time playmakers at point guard.. and that's just in the ESPN HoopGurlz top 25 with only two of them currently committed. There are playmakers outside of the top 25 as well.. Cara Ursin being one of them.

Not really, there are just a lot of them ;) The reason USA did so poorly was due to the lack of any type of leader in this class who knows how to share the ball.

Reaction Score
Not really, there are just a lot of them ;) The reason USA did so poorly was due to the lack of any type of leader in this class who knows how to share the ball.
And the really top notch coaches who didn't bother to demand it.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I could be wrong but you're probably thinking about the U17 team, in which case that wasn't this point guard class. It would be the point guards for 2018 and beyond. I agree, they were poor at sharing the ball and played very much like an all-star team (which is why the only won bronze).

In my opinion, the U18 team (this class and the 2016 class) was much better at sharing the ball. The maturity showed. Harris (2016), Carter (2017) and Evans (2017) weren't perfect by any means, but they did fairly well leading a team they've only been with for a few weeks, with each showing why they're elite in their respective classes. This team went without Dangerfield (2016) to run point as well and still won gold. The point guards were a big part of that.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom