U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 9 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
And the really top notch coaches who didn't bother to demand it.
Well thats only if you think every USA youth coach is a top notch coach. I think the US has been able to win despite coaching but not with these classes.

Reaction Score
Charli Collier™‏@CharliC_14
Phone might crash tomorrow
1f602.png
1f4f2.png
#September1st
Phone would self-destruct. Taking all the calls would be mission impossible.

Reaction Score
Well thats only if you think every USA youth coach is a top notch coach. I think the US has been able to win despite coaching but not with these classes.
I think you missed my sarcasm. Some of them have no idea what they're doing.

Reaction Score
I agree with the 2017 class being weak in terms of post players. Many of my fellow Tennessee fans are yammering about not having enough true posts coming for OV's (We have 3) because of our very thin post depth issue. But 2018 is so much stronger depth wise for posts and probably every other position. I've been hearing this since the 2017's were sophomores and 2018's were freshmen.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tennessee being aggressive in Recruiting
Lady Vols hope for ‘huge year’ in recruiting
Hoping is not a plan, and this article does not even scratch the surface of the recruiting pickle that TN finds itself in.
The true depth of the pickle is illustrated by one name mentioned in the article-Dorie Harrison. Dorie is the younger sister of Izzy and has been ranked as a top 10 post in the class for 2 years now. If TN had a plan they would have secured Dorie services a long time ago. Did not realize that Jade Williams had expanded her list of school to include TN but I suspect that Jade is doing what many other HS players are doing-listing TN as a courtesy. Only time will tell.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Hoping is not a plan, and this article does not even scratch the surface of the recruiting pickle that TN finds itself in.
The true depth of the pickle is illustrated by one name mentioned in the article-Dorie Harrison. Dorie is the younger sister of Izzy and has been ranked as a top 10 post in the class for 2 years now. If TN had a plan they would have secured Dorie services a long time ago. Did not realize that Jade Williams had expanded her list of school to include TN but I suspect that Jade is doing what many other HS players are doing-listing TN as a courtesy. Only time will tell.

Izzy also has siblings who went to Vanderbilt (which is likely where she is headed) and Dorie isn't near as good as Izzy was in HS.

Of the players listed in that article, only two haven't yet scheduled official visits to Tennessee. One is McKinney, who lives about 10 minutes from campus, and the other is Harrison. Since they can only take five total official visits, that's a lot of courtesy visits, when they could visit a school they were actually interested in right?

Dodson, KK, & Westbrook are visiting together on 9/17.

Hayes, Bianca Jackson, Jade Williams, & LaDazhia Williams on 9/24.

Rennia Davis, Evans, Onyenwere, & Patterson on 10/15.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Since they can only take five total official visits, that's a lot of courtesy visits, when they could visit a school they were actually interested in right?
Not really, as I said, time will tell. How many kids took official visits to TN last year?

Reaction Score
Five.

Four in the fall, and one in the spring.

That is a large increase in the number of official visits this year over last year.
Just hope that Tennessee can increase the percentage of commitments they receive from the OV's or it won't matter how many kids visit the campus.
Are you giving odds this year as to which of the OV's you listed are going to matriculate in Knoxville ?

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
That is a large increase in the number of official visits this year over last year.
Just hope that Tennessee can increase the percentage of commitments they receive from the OV's or it won't matter how many kids visit the campus.
Are you giving odds this year as to which of the OV's you listed are going to matriculate in Knoxville ?

I think the OV will be telling. If we don't get a couple commits then, I have no idea what will happen.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score

Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and possibly UCLA are her visits right now.

Reaction Score
I think the OV will be telling. If we don't get a couple commits then, I have no idea what will happen.

You're posts were much more entertaining when you gave percentages on who would be a LV.
I miss the good old days.

Reaction Score
  1. LaQuita Thompson ‏@xheat 10h10 hours agoThe Woodlands, TX
    Sedona Prince is moving well on D, looking really good, quick feet laterally #JLETop160 @JLEnterprises @CGBR27

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 14h14 hours ago
  2. Sedona Prince 6-7 C 2018 Liberty Hill TX. Works hard & improves each time you see her. Footwork inside & face up game.@JLEnterprises

\Kenny Kalina - Sedona Prince 6-6 P (TX) Much more competitive this weekend than in previous viewings. Did a great job running the floor and finishing.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Jade Williams visiting Texas Tech

Women's hoops prospects visiting Texas Tech

Just the fact that TTU is getting top ranked players to look at their program again is a good sign for them. Times have not been so great ever since Marsha Sharp left but Candi Whitaker seems to be a good fit for that position, especially since she brings TTU tradition with her. And her player get out on the floor and play hard and they are not afraid to work hard on defense. The talent level has not been there recently but the effort is always there.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Haven't heard anything about UConn looking at Pili yet, but she has stated that UConn is where she wants to go.
She's from Alaska and wants to be a Husky. Makes total sense. We got Jess Moore from Alaska.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Just the fact that TTU is getting top ranked players to look at their program again is a good sign for them. Times have not been so great ever since Marsha Sharp left but Candi Whitaker seems to be a good fit for that position, especially since she brings TTU tradition with her. And her player get out on the floor and play hard and they are not afraid to work hard on defense. The talent level has not been there recently but the effort is always there.

I was wondering if this has anything to do with the hiring of Ray Caldwell. He was a good AAU coach and is now a part of Whitakers staff. A smart hire for her as she has Recee starting this season in a TT uniform and little sis Desiree has already verbaled. Seems AAU coaches can make great strides for recruiting as they now the landscape and Texas is usually a hotbed of talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom