U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 6 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
OT:
Bret McCormick @ASGR1995
Per Jill Nagel HS coach Rockbridge HS MO Madison Treece 6-4 F 2017 has narrowed her final list to Duke Michigan Oklahoma State Purdue & TCU

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
OT:
Bret McCormick @ASGR1995
Per Jill Nagel HS coach Rockbridge HS MO Madison Treece 6-4 F 2017 has narrowed her final list to Duke Michigan Oklahoma State Purdue & TCU
She played against Collier's former team, Incarnate Word, this past season. Her team lost again to Incarnate Word even though they were nowhere near as good as they were in Collier's last season. She performed poorly against a team whose tallest player was a 6'2" freshman. If she is a top 50 player, the 2017 class is not very strong. Her sister played with Collier and is now playing for Oklahoma. Unless she has improved a lot, she is not as good as her sister who has been a reserve at Oklahoma the last two years.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Part of the reason might have been change of High Schools and 3 different AAU Teams.
Medgar Evers hoops star Patterson headed to Mary Louis
Olson at ESPN was also not kind to her during a 2014 evaluation "Inconsistent production on both ends of the floor." (Olson)
danielle-patterson

That may have been the observation in 2014, but Olson then jumped her up to the overall #11 rating in his rankings by 2015, which was a huge jump. As you know, she's another one on ND's radar -- along with the recently committed Mikayla Vaughn -- and will visit ND in September, along with Megan Walker. Would expect things to start shaking out along then.
BTW, wing Maya Dodson out of Atlanta has now identified ND as being an option for her, Muffet and Niele are not throwing all their eggs into one basket on the wing front, with Walker, Westbrook and now Dodson.
She is ranked 20th in Hoopgurlz, 26th in Prospects Nation, and 51st in Blue Star

On the big front, Raven Farley-Clark, who is also in Olson's Top 20, is still floating under the radar and keeping mum. She, too, has transferred among many high schools and AAU teams, but had a good season at Queen of Peace once she settled in.
raven-farley-clark

Dillon77

Reaction Score
OT: Couldn't resist.who's the Jersey basketball player with the best first name?

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 4h4 hours ago
HC Cindy Griffin St Joseph's gets 2018 verbal commit from Lovin Marsicano 6-1 F St Rose HS NJ. AAU Central Jersey Hawks.

Well, to have some "Lovin," you need some "Faith," as in Faith Masonius, one of your favorites.
Actually, I've seen Ms. Marsicano play a few times and St. Joe's seems the right (kind of place) for her.
Excellent junior-to-be forward named Lucy Thomas on St. Rose, who can crack D-1 ranks, as well. She was injured beginning part of school year, but came on strong in latter part and playoffs.

Reaction Score
The Jersey Shore seems to have a majority of the best names and also the best talent in the state....I'm taking my daughter down to the Hoop Group in Neptune to play with some of the "Big girls" this fall to improve her game.....they've got about 50 possible D1/2 players working out there on a regular basis.........should be interesting

Dillon77

Reaction Score
The Jersey Shore seems to have a majority of the best names and also the best talent in the state....I'm taking my daughter down to the Hoop Group in Neptune to play with some of the "Big girls" this fall to improve her game.....they've got about 50 possible D1/2 players working out there on a regular basis....should be interesting

Good luck to your daughter and look forward to your impressions/observations. Interesting that this is being held in Neptune, which was a quasi-epicenter of b-ball excellence, as I'm sure you're aware. As you said, sure half of the Shore Conference is swarming down there! :D;)

Reaction Score
Good luck to your daughter and look forward to your impressions/observations. Interesting that this is being held in Neptune, which was a quasi-epicenter of b-ball excellence, as I'm sure you're aware. As you said, sure half of the Shore Conference is swarming down there! :D;)

The Hoop Group is one of the most successful training programs/facilities in the NT/NJ/PA area.....the guy that runs the skills instruction program there is Tiny Green, a former college asst coach at FDU, Hofstra and St Bonaventure...........players come from NJ,NY,CT and PA travel to take instruction there although most of the regulars are from the Shore Conference............originally it was mostly a boys program that included Tim Thomas, John Wall, and Kyrie Irving among others but they currently are just as big with the girl's game

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Louisville moving early for 2020 recruit: Gotta love that name!!!!

Bret McCormick Retweeted
Keisha Hunt ‏@KiKiHunt Aug 2Chattanooga, TN
FBC and Hamilton Heights 2020 Treasure Hunt receives offer from Louisville.

Dawn got to this one first.. SC offered her and several other Hamilton Heights players (Massengill and Balogun) back in January. All three came to SC's elite camp a few weeks ago.

They'll need the head start to beat Walz, a phenomenal recruiter.

Reaction Score
SUTS Report @SUTSReport
2017 Chelsie Halls @chelsnation12 is down to 3 colleges. She will officially visit @ndwbb @uoflwbb @vandywbb

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 1m1 minute ago
WBB: Sidney Cooks, 6-4 F, Kenosha St. Joseph HS (WI-2017), has announced her top five schools Michigan Michigan State Purdue UCLA Wisconsin

0 retweets0 likes
I love her list.... I know I keep saying it but... SPREAD THE TALENT AROUND!!!!
***Side note: UCLA is coming on strong with the recruiting... PAC 12 is getting dicey... what's Tara gonna do?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
SUTS Report @SUTSReport
2017 Chelsie Halls @chelsnation12 is down to 3 colleges. She will officially visit @ndwbb @uoflwbb @vandywbb

Oh look, another player Walz is recruiting!

Some were surprised that ND hadn't been linked to point guards since Lindsay Allen is in her last year and that leaves only Ali Patberg (who is coming off an ACL tear) as a pure point guard. Happy to see the Irish are in the mix for one who is highly ranked.

Reaction Score
Oh look, another player Walz is recruiting!

Some were surprised that ND hadn't been linked to point guards since Lindsay Allen is in her last year and that leaves only Ali Patberg (who is coming off an ACL tear) as a pure point guard. Happy to see the Irish are in the mix for one who is highly ranked.

Unfortunately for ND, I thought I read Allen wasn't coming back

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for ND, I thought I read Allen wasn't coming back

Maybe you're thinking of Stanford's Lili Thompson? LA is definitely coming back - she was at summer workouts and if she wasn't coming back you would have seen Dillon and I panicking by now ;)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This is the longest "shortlist" I think I've seen. Acquira DeCosta's top 20, though she vows to cut it soon.

"Click, Don't Type" makes it much easier to follow recruiting. All I have to do is check the "likes" tab of Niele Ivey's twitter.

Reaction Score
Maybe you're thinking of Stanford's Lili Thompson? LA is definitely coming back - she was at summer workouts and if she wasn't coming back you would have seen Dillon and I panicking by now ;)

I knew about Lili Thompson. I don't know what I was thinking then. Glad you guys aren''t in a panic.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This is the longest "shortlist" I think I've seen. Acquira DeCosta's top 20, though she vows to cut it soon.

Well to DeCosta's credit.. she has almost two years before her fall semester of freshmen year, so she's kinda ahead of the curve. At least we know what schools are on her radar.

"Click, Don't Type" makes it much easier to follow recruiting. All I have to do is check the "likes" tab of Niele Ivey's twitter.

I do the same thing with Nikki McCray... I constantly check her twitter likes and follows to get an idea of who's on SC's radar.. then I do some digging from there. May seem creepy but it has shown itself to be a pretty accurate gauge. WBB coaches are very lock lipped when it comes to recruiting.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom