U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 20 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Reaction Score
Rule Number 3080:Never listen to someone whose handle starts with "dope".

Based on his tweets, Mr Grain likes to quote scripture and root for Baylor.............I would think that bearing false witness against Geno is a No NO!

Reaction Score
Recruits beware!!!! He's coming to a house near YOU!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Charli Collier™ ‏@CharliC_14 3h3 hours ago
Great Louisville School Vi #Cardinals

Cs6UFJbUIAAT82P.jpg

Cs6UFKiUIAA2H6Q.jpg

12 retweets64 likes

Reaction Score
If Texas get Booth and Walker they will be certainly be favorites next season

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How could they be favorites with the talent UCONN and ND will have?

I was thinking the same thing, so I did a little research. It appears that ESPN's Charlie Cream agrees with Charliebball. He's got Texas ranked #6. This is without Boothe and Walker. UConn comes in at #4.
Click the link below to see Cream's way too early top 25 for 2016-2017.

Irish on top of way-too-early preseason top 25

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing, so I did a little research. It appears that ESPN's Charlie Cream agrees with Charliebball. He's got Texas ranked #6. This is without Boothe and Walker. UConn comes in at #4.

Based solely on talent.............there are probably 10-12 teams that could get to the championship game.......with UConn most likely taking a step back (for one year) the field is wide open.......looking at the rosters many of theses teams are loaded with potential, now they have to prove it on the court

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Did you read Kentucky's? They have a certain UCONN transfer as part of the Wildcat roster?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Based solely on talent...there are probably 10-12 teams that could get to the championship game..with UConn most likely taking a step back (for one year) the field is wide open..looking at the rosters many of theses teams are loaded with potential, now they have to prove it on the court

Agreed. Every year, I remind folks that there is ALWAYS a sleeper in the NCAA tournament. Last year, there were three that came out of nowhere. One of them (Washington) was unranked going into the tournament.
I think your take has merit. Right now, we don't know anything about any team (including UConn). Lots of teams have an abundance of talent, but as you know, talent alone means little if that talent can't jell, or the team suffers an injury to key player(s). Syracuse, Washington and Oregon State all proved that you can do some great things in the tournament if you can get in, and play your best basketball for 4-5 games.

If I were a betting man, I would have lost my shirt, because there was no way I could possibly conceive Notre Dame, South Carolina and Baylor all failing to make the final four. When March rolls around, all the regular season can do for you is get you a decent seed, no more. It may act as a barometer of things to come, and it may not. It will not reveal the sleeper(s). Several beat/sports writers have said that there doesn't appear to be a dominant team in Division 1 women's basketball this year. It's perceived that UConn's loss of the BIG 3, allows it to fall back towards the pack so to speak. This remains to be seen.

"The field is wide open" they said. The road to the final four is like a German Autobahn for who so ever dares to get on it. There will be a lot of teams jockeying for position before conference play begins. Trying to get a top 10 ranking, then holding on to it for the rest of the regular season. The first 5 weeks of the season should be very interesting, with top teams playing other top teams out of conference. Official practice begins in only 3 more weeks (23 days). We're getting there. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Did you read Kentucky's? They have a certain UCONN transfer as part of the Wildcat roster?

I just checked Kentucky's official WBB website a moment ago. I saw 10 players listed on their roster for the upcoming season. I did not see any UConn transfers on that roster.
The only transfer mentioned is Ogechi Anyagaligbo (F) from Stony Brook, who was the 2015-2016 America East Conference rookie of the year (10.1/9.0). False alarm. :oops:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

The article was written about a week before it was announced that she would transfer.

Carnac

Reaction Score
No, about Camara being mentioned in Charlie Creme's "way-to-early" top 25.

OK, thanks. Now we're on the same page. I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet. I didn't know who "she" was. :) victor64 made it sound like we had one of our players defect to Kentucky at the last minute, and we have not heard about it yet.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Texas get Booth and Walker they will be certainly be favorites next season
I disagree. UCONN will be the favorites next year Gabby, KLS, Napheesa, Kia, Azura, and Natalie will all be upperclassmen.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Come on Charlie " Duke transfer point guard Sierra Calhoun might let Mitchell play off the ball a bit more" . Sierra is no PG.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Come on Charlie " Duke transfer point guard Sierra Calhoun might let Mitchell play off the ball a bit more" . Sierra is no PG.

Mitchell has got a "patchwork" roster this year. At one point, he was down to 6 active players on his roster. If he tries to fit that square peg (Calhoun at the point) into a round hole, he may be creating even more problems than he already has.

If Mitchell can post a .500 record this season, after the investigations, and the mass exodus of players over the last two years, I'd view this season a moderate success. I don't expect Duke to get an at large bid to the NCAA tournament. Maybe an NIT bid. We'll see.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well of course. Being in the hunt for the top recruit is always preferred, now on the other hand, I could do without the stress that comes with anticipating that top recruits decision. I remember feeling nauseous the entire day A'ja was making her decision between UConn, SC and others. The anticipation of waiting for that decision is the worst, so for that, I do not envy you all..

I'm not completely out of the woods though, Evina Westbrook (the #2 recruit) is still considering SC among many and the anticipation for her decision is wearing on me. Though it's not as bad as Wilson's because I don't really expect SC to land Westbrook. I don't doubt Dawn's ability to recruit but Westbrook has a 6 great programs as her finalists and all of them can build future classes around a player like her.

We're in the mix early for the current #1 players in the 2018 (Nelson-Ododa) and 2019 (Brunelle) classes.. and I think we'll be there in the end for both so I'm enjoying the lack of stress while I can.
A'ja was a hometown girl. Getting her was much easier than getting Westbrook will be.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
A'ja was a hometown girl. Getting her was much easier than getting Westbrook will be.

True. And I kinda made that point in my post.

It's all null and void anyway though, our 2017 class is completed now. That post was made before we got two commitments in two days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom