U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 22 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Does this mean Dana Evans to Louisville??!?

Dominoes will begin to fall!!

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score

They could both go to Tennessee, one is more of a PG and one is more SG. Tennessee doesn't have the guard situation that Louisville has so both would get playing time at Tennessee.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

I was also wondering about that. I thought Tennessee would get one of them. We will find out on Tuesday.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
They could both go to Tennessee, one is more of a PG and one is more SG. Tennessee doesn't have the guard situation that Louisville has so both would get playing time at Tennessee.

Serious question?

Seeing that Tennessee will likely get all the Hayes sisters now, how will effect recruiting of guards?? Will future recruits be turned away knowing they have 3 more guards coming?

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Serious question?

Seeing that Tennessee will likely get all the Hayes sisters now, how will effect recruiting of guards?? Will future recruits be turned away knowing they have 3 more guards coming?

I'm of the opinion you can never have too many guards/ballhandlers. Most schools recruit multiple guards each class, so I don't see there being a big issue.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Nice get for Tennessee. I like Hayes a lot. I think y'all will get Evans as well, and maybe a big.. Hayes and Evans will bring stability to that backcourt. Both can score IN BUNCHES.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee will have Hayes and Cooper both next year.
Nice get for Tennessee. I like Hayes a lot. I think y'all will get Evans as well, and maybe a big.. Hayes and Evans will bring stability to that backcourt. Both can score IN BUNCHES.
Tennessee also has Cooper back next year.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

So immediately after Westbrook's official, ND's coaches flew out to visit her in Oregon. Curious.

Then again, Maryland was recently out to Oregon to see her as well and has an official coming up. I get the sense that it is important for Westbrook that her family be comfortable with her school of choice.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Of the 9 players who have Tenn on their list, it would be interesting to estimate, just mathematically speaking, what the probability would be of them getting x number of players. Any statisticians out there up for the challenge?

Three, maybe four, including Hayes. So two or three more IMO.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

So immediately after Westbrook's official, ND's coaches flew out to visit her in Oregon. Curious.

Then again, Maryland was recently out to Oregon to see her as well and has an official coming up. I get the sense that it is important for Westbrook that her family be comfortable with her school of choice.

@CoachBill, Saw where Brett McCormack had Westbrook #1 in the class over Megan Walker. Would be interested if you saw it the same way?

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
cocohusky - Bret announced it on my "Ladies Night " Podcast . we obviously shared some thoguhts following

I definitely defer to Bret's high volume of exposure to both kids in person. I only had the Boo Williams EYBL event back in the Spring as an in person evaluation opportunity

going by what I studied of both players during games at that Event... my choice is Walker.
in fact.. as I said at the time, for me Walker would have been my choice for #1 player in last 2-3 classes.
studying with the eyes of a college coach...I came away VERY impressed with everything I saw / scrutinized with Walker. Including her role as a PG , Primary ballhandler, Playmaker a lot in those games.
Her efficiency ( Mental, Physical, Production ) ... being engaged consistently Defendively, was distinguishable. Especially compared to every other highly rated kid i saw at event.

but Again... Bret McCormick has seen these kids a ton over last year ..and invested a lot of thought into his decision/ choice.
for Bret, it came down to overall versatility ( balance of Playmaking, Scoring,etc ) that led to his decision to put Westbrook ahead of Walker.

for me... I saw all that from Walker in the scrutinized sample I had. but it was just 1 event.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
cocohusky - Bret announced it on my "Ladies Night " Podcast . we obviously shared some thoguhts following

I definitely defer to Bret's high volume of exposure to both kids in person. I only had the Boo Williams EYBL event back in the Spring as an in person evaluation opportunity

going by what I studied of both players during games at that Event... my choice is Walker.
in fact.. as I said at the time, for me Walker would have been my choice for #1 player in last 2-3 classes.
studying with the eyes of a college coach...I came away VERY impressed with everything I saw / scrutinized with Walker. Including her role as a PG , Primary ballhandler, Playmaker a lot in those games.
Her efficiency ( Mental, Physical, Production ) ... being engaged consistently Defendively, was distinguishable. Especially compared to every other highly rated kid i saw at event.

but Again... Bret McCormick has seen these kids a ton over last year ..and invested a lot of thought into his decision/ choice.
for Bret, it came down to overall versatility ( balance of Playmaking, Scoring,etc ) that led to his decision to put Westbrook ahead of Walker.

for me... I saw all that from Walker in the scrutinized sample I had. but it was just 1 event.
Thanks Coach always great to have your perspective.

Reaction Score

OK Coach Bill........Where's Walker going to school?...........OK forget that...........have you run across NJ's Kylee Watson yet...........expecting big things from her.............have you seen anyone new who should be on UConn's radar ?

Reaction Score

Was worried there for a second that Louisville's roster was getting thin, LOL.

Shows what an insider McCormick is..............she still hasn't announced it on her twitter page

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Once again Walz piles on the guards. Think she'll get much PT next year? Durr and B. Jones are sophmores. Zambrotta, J. Jones, and Laemmle and Evans makes 4 freshmen guards. Let's not forget of course Jackson, Carter, and Johnson. Who's running this ship anyway? Why didn't Walz just hire Pinkerton's?

Reaction Score
WBB: Early look at some official visits scheduled for this weekend; FSU is the last OV for Kasiyahna Kushkituah, with UGA & Tenn also in mix

CtdM1BnWgAAC3ie.jpg

0 retweets0 likes

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
WBB: Early look at some official visits scheduled for this weekend; FSU is the last OV for Kasiyahna Kushkituah, with UGA & Tenn also in mix

CtdM1BnWgAAC3ie.jpg

0 retweets0 likes

Thanks, Charlie.
Ms. Westbrook is accumulating some serious air miles, with Knoxville two weekends ago, ND last week and College Park this weekend. Wonder if she's going to South Carolina anytime soon? Merely driving to Salem and OSU after that might be a shock to her equilibrium!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Thanks, Charlie.
Ms. Westbrook is accumulating some serious air miles, with Knoxville two weekends ago, ND last week and College Park this weekend. Wonder if she's going to South Carolina anytime soon? Merely driving to Salem and OSU after that might be a shock to her equilibrium!

She's visiting SC next weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom