U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 19 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Reaction Score
The wait is almost over! I know how much you guys want Walker but even if Walker decides on Notre Dame or Texas all is not lost for UCONN.. ya'll are still bringing in a VERY strong class of guards that are eventually going to be one of the best backcourts in WBB in a few years and you guys are still very much in play for Christyn Williams in the 2018 class. I think she's all but signed her papers for Connecticut.

We can only hope! If someone told me we are not going to sign Walker, but we will sign Williams, I would still be very happy.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The wait is almost over! I know how much you guys want Walker but even if Walker decides on Notre Dame or Texas all is not lost for UCONN.. ya'll are still bringing in a VERY strong class of guards that are eventually going to be one of the best backcourts in WBB in a few years and you guys are still very much in play for Christyn Williams in the 2018 class. I think she's all but signed her papers for Connecticut.

Your hanging around here has you getting smarter and smarter SCG. ;)

Reaction Score
To be honest, while I think Walker is an excellent player, I don't know that she is a program changing player.....she will absolutely make any of the three teams stronger but the surrounding cast will still have to pull it's weight to win an NC.......
I agree. She is unquestionably IMO the best player in this class but not quite at the level of Delle Donne, Stewart, or M. Moore when they were coming out of HS. She may become that dominant in time but just not at this time.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What is the second word of my first sentence. By the way, Baylor was a lot more talented than Oregon State. What happened there?

Not sure why you want to be a jerk, but that's OK. I need to start practicing on the "Ignore" feature before the season starts so that I will be in game-shape come November.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Not sure why you want to be a jerk, but that's OK. I need to start practicing on the "Ignore" feature before the season starts so that I will be in game-shape come November.
Any given Sunday.Baylor was more talented on paper.However,anyone could beat anyone else on any given day.It was Oregon State's day.It is hard to chastise Baylor,because they have shown consistent success year after year.I would not judge them on one game,whether tournament or regular season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Any given Sunday.Baylor was more talented on paper.However,anyone could beat anyone else on any given day.It was Oregon State's day.It is hard to chastise Baylor,because they have shown consistent success year after year.I would not judge them on one game,whether tournament or regular season.

You are right. Last season it was UCONN then everyone else and there were several teams that could have beaten Baylor. Some very good teams and coaches lost earlier than expected.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Uhm, it was on a Wednesday, Kim would not have exposed herself like that on Sunday. :D
Oregon State vs. Baylor - Game Videos - March 28, 2016 - ESPN

Reaction Score
Not sure why you want to be a jerk, but that's OK. I need to start practicing on the "Ignore" feature before the season shentarts so that I will be in game-shape come November.
I made a general comment that I liked Aston more than Mulkey and said I couldnt wait to see Higgs and Atkins play this year because Uconn had a hard time with them in the E8 and you asked if I liked Aston or was implying she was better than Mulkey. Then you start saying how baylor beat them handily last year and Aston would have to beat her a few times. A little thin skinned are we. Youhave to resort to name calling now. You must have been the guy nobody picked so you took you ball and ran home. Werent you!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I made a general comment that I liked Aston more than Mulkey
I like Aston more than Mulkey too but are we still talking basketball coaching? I might have to flip my thinking if that is what we are still talking about. :cool:

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Charli Collier™‏@CharliC_14
Had a good School Visit with Tennessee today #Vols

Csv5otMUMAAVzAj.jpg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This was her official visit schedule -

Looks like maybe the Tennessee visit didn't end up happening? UConn should have been #11 and I found pics of the other visits on her twitter.

Reaction Score

Looks like maybe the Tennessee visit didn't end up happening? UConn should have been #11 and I found pics of the other visits on her twitter.

Not sure..............about Tenn.....................UConn has not visited Charli Collier yet according to what I see on her twitter, I assume that would happen on this trip if there is still interest.............I read that Nelson-Ododa is not doing home visits at this time, otherwise she would be on the same star map................

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score

I think Tennessee was rescheduled. We had four recruits on campus the day we were supposed to be there, and all of the coaches were in Knoxville that weekend.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Already had someone tweet to NaLyssa Smith telling her Geno would use her in a way she wouldn't like. She even responded to him.

Reaction Score
I think Tennessee was rescheduled. We had four recruits on campus the day we were supposed to be there, and all of the coaches were in Knoxville that weekend.

Interesting. Depending how you define "we" in your post, one could assume that either the Tennessee coaches were supposed to be there ( because your a fan, you used "we" collectively) or, in fact, you are a coach at Tennessee.
Care to clarify ?
I wouldn't normally ask this question of a poster but you do seem to post, what could be considered, inside info on volnation.
One more thing, would you kindly repeat on this forum the comments you made on volnation regarding Geno and his negative recruiting comments made toward Pat. ?
Thanks, it will save the boneyarders a lot of trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom