U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 15 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
@Orangutan & @Dillon77 how is Brianna progressing post shoulder surgery? ND and WCBB need for her to be healthy.

ndwbb basketball recently posted this this video and at the tail end of it
you'll see Brianna in the workout regime and doing some shout outs afterwards.

She also joined her teammates at the season-opening football game vs. Nevada and I've include a picture of her, harness-less, so that's very good news (she was wearing it during a student-aboard trip to S. Africa in June).

BTW, those are frosh Erin Boley (furthest left) and Jackie Young (next to Erin), with Brianna firmly positioned in the middle (where she belongs!). :D:cool:

Long story short...while ND Basketball has not posted anything official, things look promising for Brianna. Perhaps Muffet will address it when practice starts in early October.

On another injury front, Ali Patberg was practicing in early July and had discomfort in her knee. Upon examination, doctors removed some bone spurs and she's on the mend from that. While working out, I'm not certain where this latest procedure puts here. I'm sure that will be brought up in early October.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Long story short...while ND Basketball has not posted anything official, things look promising for Brianna. Perhaps Muffet will address it when practice starts in early October.

There was this from McGraw in the South Bend Trib article about the schedule - "McGraw said junior post sensation Brianna Turner has been limited to just shooting after shoulder surgery last spring. Also, sophomore backup point guard Ali Patberg, who missed all of last season with a torn ACL, has had some setbacks in her recovery. Both are expected to be cleared by the time workouts begin for real in mid-October."

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Almost all recruiting info comes from the circle around a recruit because colleges take seriously the restrictions on not commenting on a recruit. Only a few college coaches do the twitter 'big news coming' or 'big weekend on campus' teasers.

Very true. Dawn occasionally does this when she tweets things like "a little bird just flew into the nest" or about how she's going to see future Gamecocks on the road.

What's very interesting about Jade taking an official to SC is that prior to this there was little communication between the two parties... not too long ago Jade even released a top 4 (or 5) for official visits and none of those schools listed were South Carolina. So it makes me wonder, what happened within the time frame of barely two weeks that caused Jade to reconsider SC and vice versa..

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
There was this from McGraw in the South Bend Trib article about the schedule - "McGraw said junior post sensation Brianna Turner has been limited to just shooting after shoulder surgery last spring. Also, sophomore backup point guard Ali Patberg, who missed all of last season with a torn ACL, has had some setbacks in her recovery. Both are expected to be cleared by the time workouts begin for real in mid-October."

Thanks for that. Here's a clip from her hometown paper on the bone spur procedure. Apparently, knock on wood, she'll be
ready to roll in October. Let's hope so...kid's been though a lot her frosh year and summer!
Patberg recovering from second surgery

Reaction Score
Louisville has a huge weekend on tap. College Game Day is on campus for the matchup with FSU.

Our last two (primary) recruiting targets for 2017 are on their officials. Their are two scholly's available, and best I can tell, 3 vying for them:
Dana Evans (who is on her last official visit to TN this weekend), Destiny Littleton (who is at Lou. this weekend and taking her 3rd of 5 scheduled visits) and Michaela O. who is also on her official to Lou. this weekend. I know Michaela O was at Duke a weekend or so ago, and has TN on the books for mid Oct., if she is still on the board. Not sure who else she may be looking at.
Hoping our 2017 class winds up quickly after this weekend.

Louisville Women's Basketball: Notebook

I've heard that Louisville had to build a new dorm just to house their b'ball recruits!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Louisville has a huge weekend on tap. College Game Day is on campus for the matchup with FSU.

Our last two (primary) recruiting targets for 2017 are on their officials. Their are two scholly's available, and best I can tell, 3 vying for them:
Dana Evans (who is on her last official visit to TN this weekend), Destiny Littleton (who is at Lou. this weekend and taking her 3rd of 5 scheduled visits) and Michaela O. who is also on her official to Lou. this weekend. I know Michaela O was at Duke a weekend or so ago, and has TN on the books for mid Oct., if she is still on the board. Not sure who else she may be looking at.
Hoping our 2017 class winds up quickly after this weekend.

Louisville Women's Basketball: Notebook
Michaela Onyenwere has really risen quickly in the rankings. Evans and Onyenwere would be really nice additions for the Cardinals, as you have plenty of height and Onyenwere would bring valuable quickness at SF. And who doesn't need an elite PG?

Reaction Score
Charli Collier™‏@CharliC_14
Great home visit with Houston tonight! #Houston'sFinest
1f60a.png

Reaction Score
A shame that Geno won't have a chance to work with her..............I can't think of any recruit that could have benefited from his guidance more...................

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 now42 seconds ago
WBB: Aquira DeCosta (CA-2018), ranked #6 by espnW, has cut her list to 14; no longer on list—Alabama, AZ State, UConn, UMD, ND, Oregon State

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aquira DeCosta cut UConn, ND and MD from her list.............would love to know her thought process

Decided to cut it down to 14 I highly appreciate everyone for helping me out throughout this process
CskhDYuVUAAjmKI.jpg

CskhDzhVMAAIXYZ.jpg

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Aquira DeCosta cut UConn, ND and MD from her list...would love to know her thought process

Decided to cut it down to 14 I highly appreciate everyone for helping me out throughout this process
CskhDYuVUAAjmKI.jpg

CskhDzhVMAAIXYZ.jpg

In UCONN's case, she's probably thinking about the bevy of guards the huskies would've just brought in the year prior. Just a thought.

Even still.. I was pretty surprised to see UCONN, Notre Dame, Maryland and Oregon State eliminated in one swoop. Most would've assumed one of those schools was the favorite just because of who they are.

Reaction Score
In UCONN's case, she's probably thinking about the bevy of guards the huskies would've just brought in the year prior. Just a thought.

Even still.. I was pretty surprised to see UCONN, Notre Dame, Maryland and Oregon State eliminated in one swoop. Most would've assumed one of those schools was the favorite just because of who they are.

If UConn needs help it will be in the front court and she is a 6'2" jumping jack.............she lacks a bit of discipline on the court and I guess that's the way she likes it!!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
She is another I'm hearing is likely to stay on west coast. I see her at a PAC12 school.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If UConn needs help it will be in the front court and she is a 6'2" jumping jack...she lacks a bit of discipline on the court and I guess that's the way she likes it!!

I don't think DeCosta wants to play in the front court. Plenty of coaches on that list capable of coaching DeCosta.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't think DeCosta wants to play in the front court. Plenty of coaches on that list capable of coaching DeCosta.
Sort of like Wilson wanted to be a wing?

Reaction Score

You know us UConn Fans.........there's only ONE coach who can get the most out of her!!!!!!! If you saw her in International competition.....her best moments were around the rim..........if she insists on playing in a particular spot on the floor then UConn isn't the place for her

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Sort of like Wilson wanted to be a wing?

Not sure what Wilson has to do with this. Not even the same situation.

No need to be defensive just because ONE recruit decided UCONN wasn't for them. This isn't the first time and won't be the last.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
You know us UConn Fans....there's only ONE coach who can get the most out of her!!!!!!! If you saw her in International competition.....her best moments were around the rim.....if she insists on playing in a particular spot on the floor then UConn isn't the place for her

I watched every game she played for USA this summer, this is very true, she's great attacking the basket but she's also small to be a real frontcourt player in college. DeCosta is a wing, she just needs to polish her outside game. Her style of play and the way she moves reminds me very much of DeShields or Kaela Davis, both are athletic and similar in stature.. she's not as offensively sharp as the two I named but her game will improve.

Reaction Score
I don't think she'll have a choice. She's not a guard. And I doubt that any coach would waste that rebounding ability by putting her outside. She's relentless on the offensive boards.

Reaction Score
I watched every game she played for USA this summer, this is very true, she's great attacking the basket but she's also small to be a real frontcourt player in college. DeCosta is a wing, she just needs to polish her outside game. Her style of play and the way she moves reminds me very much of DeShields or Kaela Davis, both are athletic and similar in stature.. she's not as offensively sharp as the two I named but her game will improve.

I don't think she's a consistent outside shooter so playing guard may be an issue, I kind of view her as a Gabby Williams type...............a bit undersized but an athletic, quick jumper who can maneuver inside of 15 feet............as far as I'm concerned, UConn has had enough transfers, I only want players that totally buy into the Huskies long established team concept.............I wish her well and look forward to watching her play wherever she ends up

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't think she's a consistent outside shooter so playing guard may be an issue, I kind of view her as a Gabby Williams type.....a bit undersized but an athletic, quick jumper who can maneuver inside of 15 feet..as far as I'm concerned, UConn has had enough transfers, I only want players that totally buy into the Huskies long established team concept...I wish her well and look forward to watching her play wherever she ends up

I can agree with this! Very similar indeed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom