U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 16 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She's needed in the worst way. :D:)

Hmmm. Interesting.
Did Jade Williams also visit S. Carolina? Or could LaDazhia's visit/subsequent commitment have been misinterpreted as Jade earlier in the week?

In any case, congrats on getting this commitment. Among "bigs," ND is now looking at Patterson or Jade Williams (if she/ND are still mutually interested). As for the wings left, well, there's a whole popular thread on that ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Interesting.
Did Jade Williams also visit S. Carolina? Or could LaDazhia's visit/subsequent commitment have been misinterpreted as Jade earlier in the week?

In any case, congrats on getting this commitment. Among "bigs," ND is now looking at Patterson or Jade Williams (if she/ND are still mutually interested). As for the wings left, well, there's a whole popular thread on that ;)

They both visited. There's a picture floating around on twitter of both of them at our football game. I'll post it when i find it.

Reaction Score
Who visited who this weekend:
CsqfHxCWYAA4NzY.jpg

1 retweet2 likes

Reaction Score
Not sure what Wilson has to do with this. Not even the same situation.

No need to be defensive just because ONE recruit decided UCONN wasn't for them. This isn't the first time and won't be the last.
What is DEFENSIVE about stating a widely known fact? Point 2 this is a UConn WBB site--as you know!

Reaction Score
P
Not sure what Wilson has to do with this. Not even the same situation.

No need to be defensive just because ONE recruit decided UCONN wasn't for them. This isn't the first time and won't be the last.

SCGamecock. Don't get your hackles up, if you remember that Wilson wanted to be a Wing, not a back to the basket player. No offense intended it's just the truth. With her size a coach would be a fool not to use her in the back to the basket andthat's the way it turned out. That is what was being pointed out.
If you are going to continue to read and post on this board you need a thicker skin and not take offense at every post mentioning SC. I really didn't think that post requires a snide remark.

Reaction Score
Hope Madison doesn't transfer to LSU next and hang out in a certain bayou.See Linda Rondstat for details.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
OK, from the Blue Grass State to the Blue Devils....

Interesting decision. She goes from one school that had a rocky offseason to another that had an almost equally rocky offseason.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting decision. She goes from one school that had a rocky offseason to another that had an almost equally rocky offseason.
She ( Madison Treece) also committed to Duke on a weekend she was supposed to be visiting @ Michigan.
Her older sister McKenna is playing at Oklahoma and I believe both sisters were teammates of Napheesa Collier for at least 1 year at Incarnate Word Academy.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She ( Madison Treece) also committed to Duke on a weekend she was supposed to be visiting @ Michigan.
Her older sister McKenna is playing at Oklahoma and I believe both sisters were teammates of Napheesa Collier for at least 1 year at Incarnate Word Academy.
You are correct. McKenna played her junior and senior years with Collier and helped Incarnate Word win State Championships those years. Incarnate Word won the State Championship the following year also with Napheesa. McKenna was a better high school junior than Madison was. Maybe Madison will have a good senior year.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
One?! Turn off your computer for a few days if Walker lands anywhere but Storrs.

LOL, I'm really gonna enjoy the fallout from this decision. There will be some GREAT reading on a few message boards.

Reaction Score
LOL, I'm really gonna enjoy the fallout from this decision. There will be some GREAT reading on a few message boards.
No fallout here, because if she picks one of the other 2. That school can brag about winning the recruiting war for her. While up here at Connecticut no bragging just winning National Championships!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aquira DeCosta cut UConn, ND and MD from her list...would love to know her thought process

Decided to cut it down to 14 I highly appreciate everyone for helping me out throughout this process
CskhDYuVUAAjmKI.jpg

CskhDzhVMAAIXYZ.jpg
The weather? Seriously. Proximity to home in the case of UConn and Md.

Reaction Score
One?! Turn off your computer for a few days if Walker lands anywhere but Storrs.

There's not going to be much to complain about if she chooses one of the two other schools.........UConn clearly showed how interested they were and I'm sure they gave her an honest assessment of what her future could be like over the next four years............if she's willing to work harder then she ever has in her life to maximize her potential and if she wants to be a part of the greatest program in women's college basketball her choice is clear............................ if she has other priorities (and that is her absolute right) then so be it.........I will wish her well and eventually cheer for her in international competitions....................if she makes it that far!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
There's not going to be much to complain about if she chooses one of the two other schools....UConn clearly showed how interested they were and I'm sure they gave her an honest assessment of what her future could be like over the next four years..if she's willing to work harder then she ever has in her life to maximize her potential and if she wants to be a part of the greatest program in women's college basketball her choice is clear........ if she has other priorities (and that is her absolute right) then so be it....I will wish her well and eventually cheer for her in international competitions.....if she makes it that far!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Coincidentally ...;) ... I'll be heading west on Rte. 80 this Friday to go to one of those other two schools and attend, like Ms. Walker and Ms. Westbrook (and maybe a person or two we don't know about) the Duke/ND football game. The place we tailgate on Saturday morning/afternoon is just outside of the Joyce Center, home of the Basketball arena, and I've wandered into coaches taking recruits/commits on a few occasions.

I agree with you, however: coaches and campuses (in their own way) make their pitch and then -- hopefully -- the commit's priorities (mind) and gut take over. We'll see.

In the meantime play ball! Hope to see a Men's soccer game vs. Syracuse in addition to the football game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom