Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mitchell Is Next Recruit Up Hartford Courant Dom Amore October 5

Good article, more information. Can someone post this please? I did not think we needed a whole other thread.

Thank you
UConn Mens Basketball Recruit Tre Mitchell Of Woodstock Academy Visiting Campus This Weekend

Worth mentioning that although he is from Pitt as we knew, his mother now lives in CT.

Also, his coach said “I’ve sent north of 80 kids to Division I programs, and the UConn staff has done one of the best jobs that I’ve ever seen any staff do with any recruit. I go back a long way with Kimani Young and Tom Moore and I’ve known the Hurley family forever.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His coach Tony Bergeron stating "best hands for a player not a point guard", also states "phenomenal passer".

Great traits for a big man in a team oriented offense.

A good comparison might be Omari Spellman from Villanova's championship team this past year, which thrills the hell out of me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should help our chances with 2020 Matt Cross. I really like that kid too.

Where do you think he'll end up ranked? Saw him play a couple times, but don't really even remember him.

Reaction Score
Where do you think he'll end up ranked? Saw him play a couple times, but don't really even remember him.
Probably 100-140, but you never know, could end up higher.

I only saw him play one time this year, but he is really versatile defensively. He's 6'7, but can play bigger than that or guard on the wing. He's lean but strong and has touch. When I saw him he struggled from 3, but wasn't missing badly and the form looked good. He's got a great demeanor/intensity level too. The energy level difference with him on and off the court was what caught my eye. Could definitely see him being a fan favorite because of that.

He'll be playing a lot of minutes at Woodstock this year with Shannon gone. Definitely will have to make a few trips.

Reaction Score
His coach Tony Bergeron stating "best hands for a player not a point guard", also states "phenomenal passer".

Great traits for a big man in a team oriented offense.

A good comparison might be Omari Spellman from Villanova's championship team this past year, which thrills the hell out of me.
I would take even a lesser skilled Bonzie Colson. A big man that can give you 2-3 years of solid production can not be undersold

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I have seen some smoke in regards to an Illinois visit, but I do not think it is a sure thing yet. I know they are pushing hard.

What's the connection? Always seems odd to see a school like Illinois in this kind of mix.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So yesterday I launched an ULORS that will pass over Storrs 18 times this weekend. Officially, who I am looking for? Tre and...

1538758415544.png

ULORS = Uber-Low Orbit Rocket Satellite

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
IL is a non-factor. Mom in CT is a bigger deal than most realize. Fingers crossed on what I hope is an exceptional visit.

If you know, is Tre an Option A plan? Or is he Option B to one of the other guys we talk about? Or is it simply first come first serve?

Reaction Score
This is a great question

Yeah, I was just going to inquire about this. Maybe I'm reading too much into things but it has been sounding a lot more promising for Mitchell lately and there is a lot of optimism about Akok. If these two were ready to commit this month do we accept and forego a shot at Kofi? He had seemed like our top priority and most likely recruit out of the bigs but will he take too long?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was just going to inquire about this. Maybe I'm reading too much into things but it has been sounding a lot more promising for Mitchell lately and there is a lot of optimism about Akok. If these two were ready to commit this month do we accept and forego a shot at Kofi? He had seemed like our top priority and most likely recruit out of the bigs but will he take too long?

Yes. UConn is not in a postion to wait on five start recruits. We say yes to every top 100 kid that wants to commit. What I am trying to figure out is are we going after Akok and Wahab/Mitchell/Cockburn, or is it Akok/Mitchell and Wahab/Cockburn.

Would Mitchell deter Akok?

Reaction Score
On paper, I'm even thrilled if we land our backup options. It's weird not to live in a world where it's Option A or Rakim Lubin 2.0 (no offense to Rock Mom, we still <3 you).

Reaction Score
We have not had any published contact or visits with Kofi for weeks. Something is going on there. Not sure what.
tbh, I haven't seen any reports on any schools visiting with him since 9/10 (St. John's and Pitt) and those were the first reported visits since July. Have you seen recent reports of other schools visiting with him?

Reaction Score
tbh, I haven't seen any reports on any schools visiting with him since 9/10 (St. John's and Pitt) and those were the first reported visits since July. Have you seen recent reports of other schools visiting with him?

Last one was St. Johns, and that is a great point, it makes me feel better a bunch of schools are not in to see him, but Cole Anthony has been all over and he is at Oak Hill too, so I don't know what the deal is. My thinking is that Kofi is going to wait until spring, so we are pushing hard and using resources for kids that will likely commit in the fall.

Reaction Score
UConn made rounds with Virginia recruits on 9/18. It wasn't tweeted but I'd assume they made the stop at Oak Hill for KC and Cam Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom