Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mitchell's mother came to CT when he left Elizabeth Forward HS in the Pittsburgh area to come to Woodstock. She will move to where ever he lands in college ball. A choice other than ND would be a major change/surprise.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So yesterday I launched an ULORS that will pass over Storrs 18 times this weekend. Officially, who I am looking for? Tre and...

View attachment 34917

ULORS = Uber-Low Orbit Rocket Satellite
Okaaaaay. Now I see I messed up. I may have just wasted $6,075 launching this thing when it was NEXT weekend I will need this. Will try programming the satellite to reduce power to 3% from now to next Friday. I should be okay...I hope.

Reaction Score
Just watching the video of the kid you could see a different look to his body so he's putting in the time. He plays a little close to the floor sometimes but he knows where the hole is I love that. Catches and makes a couple quick half hook/half shot flips off the backboard, knows where he is. A jam rebound shows he has some hops when needed but love space eaters anyway.

Would love the see the 3rd recruit in a row get closed by the staff and hear about it Monday Tuesday!

Reaction Score
Just watching the video of the kid you could see a different look to his body so he's putting in the time. He plays a little close to the floor sometimes but he knows where the hole is I love that. Catches and makes a couple quick half hook/half shot flips off the backboard, knows where he is. A jam rebound shows he has some hops when needed but love space eaters anyway.

Would love the see the 3rd recruit in a row get closed by the staff and hear about it Monday Tuesday!
If it CAN happen then maybe it didn't happen often because of a lack of conditioning. A lot of people underestimate the importance of strength and conditioning. Maybe, if this kid gets in great shape, he will be bouncing all over the place.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Does he have a mean streak in him? Can he be a bully? We haven’t had that since ‘09 and we need that from our bigs. That’s why IMO we need Kofi too

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Yeah I don't think there are any questions about his ability to be a high-level offensive player in college.

Until he proves he can be a plus defender, I will remain worried about that. Even AAU teams have had success dragging him into pick-and-rolls, and he's not a quick leaper which means he's not much of a rim protector.

That's not a death knell. You can still be a really good defender if you're a smart defender, and Mitchell is, by all accounts, a really, really bright kid. But he's going to have to work a ton on his body and on his defensive awareness from the moment he sets foot on campus, and the coaches (wherever he goes) are going to have to work with him every single day, or he'll be Enoch.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't think there are any questions about his ability to be a high-level offensive player in college.

Until he proves he can be a plus defender, I will remain worried about that. Even AAU teams have had success dragging him into pick-and-rolls, and he's not a quick leaper which means he's not much of a rim protector.

That's not a death knell. You can still be a really good defender if you're a smart defender, and Mitchell is, by all accounts, a really, really bright kid. But he's going to have to work a ton on his body and on his defensive awareness from the moment he sets foot on campus, and the coaches (wherever he goes) are going to have to work with him every single day, or he'll be Enoch.

Before you write off Enoch, let’s see what he can do this year with a different staff. We may end up missing him here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Before you write off Enoch, let’s see what he can do this year with a different staff. We may end up missing him here.

I think if he had stayed here, it might have been too little to late for him. I imagine the year off to work on his game will have done him a world of good.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think if he had stayed here, it might have been too little to late for him. I imagine the year off to work on his game will have done him a world of good.
In a better world Enoch would've done a year of prep and then a year redshirting to work on pretty much everything about his game. Man did KO do that kid dirty.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
In a better world Enoch would've done a year of prep and then a year redshirting to work on pretty much everything about his game. Man did KO do that kid dirty.

Fact. No minutes. No coaching. Lost year of eligibility. And wasted 2 years (prep/redshirt) of development. Shame cause he has most of the tools.

Reaction Score
Enoch

I am as big a promoter of the Connecticut kid as anyone. Far beyond many BYers. But you simply have to lay a lot on S Enoch. Sure better coaching; inside play instruction; offensive moves. But MY analysis of that kid's failings was mostly on the energy and effort front. After watching the Josh Boones, Emeka Okafors, Jeff Adriens ... a KID with his skill level needs to want to be good. Use it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Okaaaaay. Now I see I messed up. I may have just wasted $6,075 launching this thing when it was NEXT weekend I will need this. Will try programming the satellite to reduce power to 3% from now to next Friday. I should be okay...I hope.

Such a Dove move it hurts.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Enoch

I am as big a promoter of the Connecticut kid as anyone. Far beyond many BYers. But you simply have to lay a lot on S Enoch. Sure better coaching; inside play instruction; offensive moves.

But MY analysis of that kid's failings was mostly on the energy and effort front. After watching the Josh Boones, Emeka Okafors, Jeff Adriens ... a KID with his skill level needs to want to be good. Use it.

How, in the last 3+ years of watching UCONN, can you blame any of the players? Example: the criminal wasting of Jalen Adams first three years. This kid should have been a lottery pick. Now he's gonna need a monster year to even be a first round pick.

It starts from the top. These kids don't know what they don't know.

And I don't think it's energy and effort for Enoch. I think he had no clue what he was doing. When you don't, you look slow and make mistakes. And then he got yanked the minute he screwed up.

Biggest diff between Boone, Mek, Adrien et al? Jim Calhoun. That, and they all got to practice against each other, which made them so, so much better.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't relish being in the position of defending pudge...but players aren't lumps of clay without any agency. You can't lay blame 100% at the feet of any one party. It requires nuance.

I guess, but when damn near every kid during that time period showed little development at most, the one constant is the staff, no? What about Facey, Brimah, Purvis, Larrier and the rest? There was some serious talent in that group. The one constant: Ollie and crew.

Enoch came in raw. He received no coaching. How do you expect a kid like that to develop on his own? You don't, because he won't.

Again, kids don't know, and do, what they don't know.

Reaction Score
How, in the last two years of watching UCONN, can you blame any of the players? It starts from the top. These kids don't know what they don't know.

I don't think it's energy and effort. I think he had no clue what he was doing. When you don't, you look slow and make mistakes. And then he got yanked the minute he screwed up.

Biggest diff between Boone, Mek, Adrien et al? Jim Calhoun. That, and they all got to practice against each other, which made them so, so much better.
when you hear JA and CV commenting on how demanding and intense Hurley and his practices are, clearly they weren't exposed to proper coaching and preparation before. The energy and effort was never an issue, tell that to Jalen and his 36mpg over the last 2 seasons.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I guess, but when damn near every kid during that time period showed little development at most, the one constant is the staff, no? What about Facey, Brimah, and the rest?

Enoch came in raw. He received no coaching. How do you expect a kid like that to develop on his own? You don't, because he won't.

Again, kids don't know, and do, what they don't know.

I'm not saying he didn't receive poor coaching, merely that it's one of multiple factors.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm not saying he didn't receive poor coaching, merely that it's one of multiple factors.

OK fine, I'll agree with that. But my point was that coaching, or lack thereof in this particular case, was the MOST important of all the factors. By far.

The fact that the same thing happened with most of the players (some just started with a lot more talent than others)....says a LOT.

Reaction Score
@AfgHusky15 is this concrete enough for you?

Lets break this down for you @Rocktheworld :

1) "IL is a non-factor." No one who has been following Tre's recruiting thinks IL is a factor. ND is the clear favorite to land him, and UConn has a chance.

2) "Mom in CT is a bigger deal than most realize." Importance of a mother to a recruit is not really inside info.

3) "Fingers crossed on what I hope is an exceptional visit." I hope the visit is exceptional as well.

Why does it bother you that I feel skeptical as to whether or not Zionn has any insider connection to the staff or recruits? If you find value to Zionn's posts then continue enjoying it. If you are really confident in him being an insider then my skepticism shouldn't affect your view of Zionn.

Reaction Score

1) "IL is a non-factor." No one who has been following Tre's recruiting thinks IL is a factor. ND is the clear favorite to land him, and UConn has a chance.

2) "Mom in CT is a bigger deal than most realize." Importance of a mother to a recruit is not really inside info.

3) "Fingers crossed on what I hope is an exceptional visit." I hope the visit is exceptional as well.

Why does it bother you that I feel skeptical as to whether or not Zionn has any insider connection to the staff or recruits? If you find value to Zionn's posts then continue enjoying it. If you are really confident in him being an insider then my skepticism shouldn't affect your view of Zionn.
Lol I’m just mocking you

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lol I’m just mocking you

"Randy Edsall was a terrible hire, and I'm going to try and fail miserably to whip up an online mob on the eve of his second year back"

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Not true at all. There are many scenarios where the parent doesn't care where the kid goes. Zionn is saying that his mother, having uprooted herself to CT, might not want to do it again, and is nudging her kid to stay local.

If you have skepticism about guys we know to have an inside connection to the program in some form or fashion, keep it to yourself. There's a very specific reason for this. There's a contingent of posters who jump allover 'insiders' whenever their predictions or snippets of information turn out another way.

And many of us come on the board specifically for the information these guys provide. I know I did when I first started coming here. Back then, we had more 'insiders' than we do now. They leave the board or just stop posting, because they feel no need to take abuse for what is effectively providing other people a service. Nobody would.

Again, the absolute best case scenario when you call somebody out, is it adds no value to the board. The other more likely option is that it causes guys to post less, or at worst, leave the board entirely.

I'm not even white-knighting for Zionn here. I don't want what you post to ruin my experience on here. But I'm sure it's the same for a lot of others on the board.

Reaction Score
A possible recruit's parent(s) moving to CT to be near their kid may or may not be a big deal.

Knowing that a possible recruit's parent moved to CT when their kid transferred to a CT basketball prep factory, since that information is not necessarily readily available to most, might show someone's access to information about a recruit which is not necessarily general knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom