Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell OV - This weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's no problem with that. If he's strong, can box out and rebound, and pass, then he can be really good. DeJuan Blair was no high flyer but he dominated.
I didn't say there is a problem with that, someone speculated that Carlton and Mitchell could be sharing the court together as our frontcourt and I said that would be a slow and earthbound frontcourt. Blair is not a good comparison for Josh, Carlton is taller and Blair is a million times stronger.

Reaction Score
There's no problem with that. If he's strong, can box out and rebound, and pass, then he can be really good. DeJuan Blair was no high flyer but he dominated.

Guys like that can still be awesome in college. In the NBA, not so much. Someone with the size and skillset of Kofi would actually be considered a high school to nba lottery pick 15 years ago.

Reaction Score
John Thompson III watched Carlton and declared he will be a monster in a couple of years. And JT3 has been around a lot of elite big men.

Reaction Score
John Thompson III watched Carlton and declared he will be a monster in a couple of years. And JT3 has been around a lot of elite big men.

I think there's a solid chance he will be a very good offensive big man by his Junior or Senior year. He's got the instincts and skills, just needs the confidence and some more physical development. Could definitely see him turning into someone that draws a lot of attention in the post.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I didn't say there is a problem with that, someone speculated that Carlton and Mitchell could be sharing the court together as our frontcourt and I said that would be a slow and earthbound frontcourt. Blair is not a good comparison for Josh, Carlton is taller and Blair is a million times stronger.

I wasn't trying to compare Josh/Blair specifically. Just pointing out that size/speed isn't necessarily indicative of production in the post in college.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think there's a solid chance he will be a very good offensive big man by his Junior or Senior year. He's got the instincts and skills, just needs the confidence and some more physical development. Could definitely see him turning into someone that draws a lot of attention in the post.

More importantly, he just needs proper coaching. He has that now.

C

Chief00

This is why we hire guys like Hurley and pay them handsomely to make the tough calls.
I think Calhoun took Ollie because he committed first rather than wait on his then rumored top choice (Travis Best?). Based on how organized he is, it would seem Hurley has identified his top 2 or 3 choices at the 3, 4 and 5 and will pressure those visiting to get a commitment now rather than play the waiting game.
For example, if Cockburn is thinking he's a one or two year player is he that much better than Mitchell or Wahab who may well be four year players and help solidify the lineup during these growth years? Or do you bet the ranch that Cockburn is worth waiting for?

If they are visiting this time of year, they would like a commitment. Some of the either or arguments may not be truly exclusionary. We need a few big bodies for next year.

Reaction Score

35” is real solid. Pretty surprised by that

They like to exaggerate that stuff at prep schools. Just like every kid under the sun runs a 4.7 40. I wouldn't read too much into it. Even his highlights showed an earthbound kid

Reaction Score
They like to exaggerate that stuff at prep schools. Just like every kid under the sun runs a 4.7 40. I wouldn't read too much into it. Even his highlights showed an earthbound kid
The fact that they have to mention it is a bit fishy.

Reaction Score

In this day and age finding a "grounded" kid is special, isn't it?

Reaction Score
It's nice when people come forward with specifics in their "inside information," rather than vague metaphors lacking names that just logically make sense given the time of year.

This is literally what our “insiders” do all the time. @auror has given more specific information in two posts than zionn has in a year.

Reaction Score
Not at all true and will make Zionn want to post even less info.

I don’t think my opinion on Zionn’s messages regarding “inside” info will change how he posts.

Zionn is seen as the lead insider, yet he never provides specific info, just general vague messages that is more or less a reflection of the info publicly available on a recruit.

Can you point out any of his posts that provide specific info?

Reaction Score
I don’t think my opinion on Zionn’s messages regarding “inside” info will change how he posts.

Zionn is seen as the lead insider, yet he never provides specific info, just general vague messages that is more or less a reflection of the info publicly available on a recruit.

NEXT is pretty specific and definitive.

Reaction Score
NEXT is pretty specific and definitive.

The vast majority of recruits that we offer will not be attending UConn. The same simple math holds true for almost all schools not named UK or Duke (even then the number of recruits offered that will ultimately end up committing elsewhere is higher than the number of recruit who are offered and do end up committing to Duke or UK).

Pretty much any UConn fan who follows recruiting will have the same "NEXT" success rate as zionn.

But if people enjoy zionn's posts, then all the more power to zionn and those who find his posts valuable. Zionn has generally been a good poster who I don't recall ever being condescending or denigrating to other posters.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I honestly have no idea what your point is, but the word “next” is anything but vague.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The vast majority of recruits that we offer will not be attending UConn. The same simple math holds true for almost all schools not named UK or Duke (even then the number of recruits offered that will ultimately end up committing elsewhere is higher than the number of recruit who are offered and do end up committing to Duke or UK).

Pretty much any UConn fan who follows recruiting will have the same "NEXT" success rate as zionn.

But if people enjoy zionn's posts, then all the more power to zionn and those who find his posts valuable. Zionn has generally been a good poster who I don't recall ever being condescending or denigrating to other posters.
He doesn’t need to give information. His short answers or comments are about 99.999999% accurate. Every time. The ones that care don’t mind at all and appreciate it

Reaction Score
He doesn’t need to give information. His short answers or comments are about 99.999999% accurate. Every time. The ones that care don’t mind at all and appreciate it
And they're not things that are obvious, nor are they things that can be reinterpreted in retrospect to suit his own person narratives, nor are they ambiguous.

NEXT is as definitive as it gets. There's no wiggle room if he's wrong.

Reaction Score

The reason Zionn doesn’t give you every little detail is because the second a recruit changes his mind and something unexpected happens, people like you will go crazy and call him a liar. You know, basically what you’re doing right now for no reason.

Reaction Score
The reason Zionn doesn’t give you every little detail is because the second a recruit changes his mind and something unexpected happens, people like you will go crazy and call him a liar. You know, basically what you’re doing right now for no reason.

Yeah kind of rediculous. We want info. Then we want definitive yes or no when the recruit hasn't committed. We want specifics that cold out the informant. Then when we have no insiders we will complain about that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is why we hire guys like Hurley and pay them handsomely to make the tough calls.
I think Calhoun took Ollie because he committed first rather than wait on his then rumored top choice (Travis Best?). Based on how organized he is, it would seem Hurley has identified his top 2 or 3 choices at the 3, 4 and 5 and will pressure those visiting to get a commitment now rather than play the waiting game.
For example, if Cockburn is thinking he's a one or two year player is he that much better than Mitchell or Wahab who may well be four year players and help solidify the lineup during these growth years? Or do you bet the ranch that Cockburn is worth waiting for?
I thought it was Anthony Harris a combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom