Transfer season | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Transfer season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Word is Vandy is hiring Bryce Drew. If Peters graduates early, he probably won't stay at Valpo. Hope we're in on him.
He probably would be the most sought after Grad transfer.

Reaction Score
As @BLUEDOGHOUSE mentioned before, Reinhardt is the first grad transfer that UConn has been linked with:

Thanks for the shout out...lol

BUT you can take credit for anything you want because you add that much to the message board. :)

Best
BDH

Reaction Score
Let me guess... someone said "hmm, Valparaiso's coach might leave, and they have a junior that everyone would want, and maybe he'd want to transfer if his coach leaves, but he'd have to sit out a year as the situation stands now, so I'll justify saying he'd be a great grad transfer by tossing 'if' into the blurb."

Reaction Score
Let me guess... someone said "hmm, Valparaiso's coach might leave, and they have a junior that everyone would want, and maybe he'd want to transfer if his coach leaves, but he'd have to sit out a year as the situation stands now, so I'll justify saying he'd be a great grad transfer by tossing 'if' into the blurb."

Actually that seems to be the general consensus on reddit. He must have just taken extra classes.

Reaction Score
Saw this one coming from a mile away. Shame it didn't work out for him, seems like too much of the blame for 13/14 was put on him.

I think it's safe to say Syracuse won't be giving Ollie much trouble when recruiting kids from Cushing academy.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Saw this one coming from a mile away. Shame it didn't work out for him, seems like too much of the blame for 13/14 was put on him.

I wonder if we will have a chat with him. Could be a reclamation project. New England kid with Boston AAU ties. We like Boston PGs. And wouldn't be expected to shoulder the load here with JA and AG already on the roster.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Would have likely started this year. Made a bad choice imo

Franklin Howard surpassed him in the rotation this year, and knowing Boeheim, Tyus Battle probably had the other starting guard promised to him as part of his recruitment.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I wonder if we will have a chat with him. Could be a reclamation project. New England kid with Boston AAU ties. We like Boston PGs. And wouldn't be expected to shoulder the load here with JA and AG already on the roster.

Why on earth would we do that?

The kid scored 16 points this year - he's just not very good.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Franklin Howard surpassed him in the rotation this year, and knowing Boeheim, Tyus Battle probably had the other starting guard promised to him as part of his recruitment.
Are either of them true points though? I doubt a junior Joseph can't get time with their pg depth, but I won't pretend to know what cuse is doing.

Reaction Score
I was going to make a joke about Joseph leaving Cuse because he wanted to learn to play defense, but then it occurred to me they made the F4 playing zone. They have had a very successful 40 years playing that zone. In 40 years has Cuse ever had an outstanding defensive player at any the college or NBA level? Melo?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Are either of them true points though? I doubt a junior Joseph can't get time with their pg depth, but I won't pretend to know what cuse is doing.

The first one is. Since January 30th, Joseph saw action in one game for less than a minute. He hadn't played double-digit minutes since December 22nd vs. Montana State. In contrast, Howard averaged 10.5 MPG in the tourney, and from that January 30th game forward he only received fewer than ten minutes in only two more regular season contests.

I have no proof as to the second, but Boeheim is scum so it honestly wouldn't surprise me. Assuming that holds true and he follows his usual format by keeping Howard and Battle on the court for 36+ minutes a game, Joseph is at best getting 5-10 per.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Why on earth would we do that?

The kid scored 16 points this year - he's just not very good.

I don't know. Perhaps we won't? It's not like I'm advocating it. Just trying to guess how the staff sees it.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
LG Gill is transferring from Duquesne, eligible immediately. He's a 6-foot-7 forward who averaged 11/7/2 on 44/34/78 splits.

Doubt we'd have any interest, tbh.

Reaction Score
LG Gill is transferring from Duquesne, eligible immediately. He's a 6-foot-7 forward who averaged 11/7/2 on 44/34/78 splits.

Doubt we'd have any interest, tbh.
We haven't been very active throwing our interest around in the grad transfer market. Maybe the staff is confident we can get a couple late additions to the '16 class?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
We haven't been very active throwing our interest around in the grad transfer market. Maybe the staff is confident we can get a couple late additions to the '16 class?

Or maybe they read the Boneyard and saw some of the reactions to Gibbs.

Reaction Score
didn't have a pg with experience to allow gibbs to play the position he should've been
Well SG was always painted as a combo guard who could play point guard well enough. We didn't know he was strictly an undersized shooting guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom