Transfer season | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ehh, wouldn't really be giddy to get him, not really what we need

If his girlfriend shows up to the games (when in NYC) THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND. lol

It depends on how the roster shakes out. I may be in the minority but....Katin R. is a guy I would definitely roll the dice on at UConn. Just my 2c.

Reaction Score
He averaged 12 ppg on 45/37/79 shooting splits this year, and was 38% from 3 last year as well.

He's not a sniper, but it's not accurate to call him either volume or low percentage.
Well as that article said he shot like 30% on threes in conference. Alot easier to shoot better against lesser non-conference opponents

Reaction Score
Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 1h1 hour ago Houston, TX
Robert Morris transfer Rodney Pryor told Scout he has set up visits for Georgetown (April 9), Florida (April 18) and Gonzaga (April 21).

Vid above....

Like his 18/8 stats but cn he do that in the "bigs"? I mean he's listed at 6'5" so that is obviously pushing that number so 8 rebounds vs CCSU and alike is easier than the Huskies schedule. Then again some guys just get it done. I mean those are obvioulsy 3 big time schools he's visiting but the 29% from 3 hurts - is he a Shonn Miller for someone BDH?

Reaction Score
Well as that article said he shot like 30% on threes in conference. Alot easier to shoot better against lesser non-conference opponents

He shot 40% last year in conference. He's a career 37% shooter from three. The guy can shoot. Let's not get weird about this.

Reaction Score
He shot 40% last year in conference. He's a career 37% shooter from three. The guy can shoot. Let's not get weird about this.
Shot 40% overall. 31.2% from three last year. To each his own, but I'd pass

Reaction Score
Like his 18/8 stats but cn he do that in the "bigs"? I mean he's listed at 6'5" so that is obviously pushing that number so 8 rebounds vs CCSU and alike is easier than the Huskies schedule. Then again some guys just get it done. I mean those are obvioulsy 3 big time schools he's visiting but the 29% from 3 hurts - is he a Shonn Miller for someone BDH?

It looks like one of his best games came against Duke (2014-15 title season) in a 29 pt loss in the first round of the NCAA South regional. He shot 10-19 for 23 pts. In 2014-15 he was .429 from 3pt range. Basically I am trying to compare him to the pool of talent available.

If you look at Gonzaga. They could just plug him in ahead of Silas Melson. The big question for them is Sabonis/Karnowski. Will either return? I am not sure how many ships they have available. They most likely will lose one of Sabonis or Karnowski. I don't see Pryor fitting the Shonn Miller role with Gonzaga. Jonathan Williams the III is penciled in for that role as a transfer (although not a 5th year grad). Gonzaga needs a shooter (although incoming Freshman Zach Norvell could be lights out) so they are probably looking at the 43% Pryor hit in 2014-15. That should be an interesting visit because Gonzaga depending on who returns is positioning themselves aggressively for a BIG run. Assuming of course Sabonis returns (probably 50/50).

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Now a top 2...

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
Sacred Heart transfer Cane Broome is down to two schools, per sources: Creighton and Cincinnati.

FWIW @kobe, a reputable insider from another UConn board who is more often right than he is wrong, has said that Broome's family likes Creighton a lot, and this was before he announced his top 4.
Cincinnati, losing and 2 just go together. SMH.

Reaction Score
Shot 40% overall. 31.2% from three last year. To each his own, but I'd pass

Last year, as in 2014-15, he shot 40% from 3 in conference. I point this out only because it was implied that hitting threes in nonconference play is so much easier that his 3-point shooting would drop by 80-90 points.

Reaction Score
Adding a veteran guard who can score and be a secondary ball handler to our bench is nothing but a positive. We need a shooter, another guard, and a big physical big. If we can get 2/3 id be satisfied. And if we can get a guard that's a shooter than I'd be ecstatic

Reaction Score
Adding a veteran guard who can score and be a secondary ball handler to our bench is nothing but a positive. We need a shooter, another guard, and a big physical big. If we can get 2/3 id be satisfied. And if we can get a guard that's a shooter than I'd be ecstatic
I know you can never have enough shooters, but I don't think adding a shooter is a top priority, or shouldn't be. We have Purv, Dham, Jalen, AG, Vance, Larrier who can all hit outside shots. Granted, Dham, Jalen and Larrier aren't knock down shooter and have some flaws, but we saw late in the year with Dham and Jalen that they improved and can hit the 3. I think a ballhandler like Vital or someone else is very necessary, need some depth in that department. I do agree on getting either a recruit like Thompson, Diallo or someone else, or a 5th year big is also a priority. Think Diallo could be a very good piece coming off the bench as a combo forward.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Reinhardt is a talented offensive player, quick release and very good range on three pointers. Shot selection was questionable at times. Very good ball handler and passer for his size.
I remember that high school game against Omar when he tore it up. IIRC he was originally in Omar ' s class, started at UNLV then transferred to USC. So he should be a grad transfer now.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Reinhardt is a talented offensive player, quick release and very good range on three pointers. Shot selection was questionable at times. Very good ball handler and passer for his size.
I remember that high school game against Omar when he tore it up. IIRC he was originally in Omar ' s class, started at UNLV then transferred to USC. So he should be a grad transfer now.
I remember that game as well. He was by far the best player in that game.

Reaction Score
Yea that game was at HoopHall, Katin had 4o something and hit 7 threes.

What I just read on a USC site is that he is a lock down defender and I'm sure Ollie is all about that. I mean he would be basically replacing Gibbs in regards to 3 point shooting since their percentages were the almost the same last season.

Reaction Score
For some reason this Pryor kid sticks out to me as a player who may turn out to be the biggest difference maker on grad transfer market. He also seems to fit the mold of a player KO would love to have.

https://robertmorris.n.rivals.com/news/rodney-pryor-set-to-transfer

I would also keep an eye on the Bryce Drew coaching situation. If Drew leaves I think there is a 50/50 shot Alec Peters (Valpo) graduates early and becomes available.

Reaction Score
Peters (Valpo) looks great...Good defender, 6'9" 230, good rebounder and 44% from 3...
Hasn't even announced that he is transferring though

I don't see Peters sticking around at Valpo if Drew leaves...especially if Keith Carter doesn't get another year. It looks like he could be on target to graduate so there is a chance it happens if all the conditions above are met.

Reaction Score
I like him having seen him a few times. Tough kid, plays hard but can shoot it. Obviously need stop work on selection but he plays on both ends and has good size.

I'm in on him if there's mutual interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom