Transfer season | The Boneyard

Transfer season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn was heavy on Simon.

Always a question with transfers as to why it didn't work out for them initially, but you can see that some transfers really do thrive elsewhere.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Now I understand what we're gonna do with our last scholarship. I'll take Simon in a second, good athlete, can handle the ball, and good defender. Knowing Adams will help with chemistry.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn was heavy on Simon.

Always a question with transfers as to why it didn't work out for them initially, but you can see that some transfers really do thrive elsewhere.

I'd be interested to compare athletic transfers rates to overall student transfers.

It's fairly common in general population for a number of reasons. No reason to think athletes should get picking a college right the first time at 100%.

Reaction Score
DeVon Walker transferring from Florida, wasn't UConn in on him as well?

Reaction Score
This kid has great size for a guard and is a crazy athlete. He's already a very good defender at minimum. Every team in the country is going to want this kid.

Reaction Score
really like Simon a lot. I was confused why he never got tick @ Zona . Instead Miller favored that tiny pg Cartwright

Reaction Score
I'd love to have Simon but like others have stated with only 1 scholarship left for next season I really think the staff needs to bring in a guy who can handle it and shoot but won't have to sit a year. Now, if another scholarship happens to open up then why the hell not. I'd love a 6' 5" PG.

Reaction Score
Transfers tend to come with some warts. What about late de-commits as the coaching carousel is set in motion?

Reaction Score
What transfer do you think is gonna winde up at Storrs?

If another scholarship opens up, what transfers do you see coming to Storrs?

Reaction Score
Can we get a big someone whose not a stick?
We lost vs Kansas because the offense was garbage. this notion that we couldn't hang because of the bigs is nonsense, we were doomed the moment Gibbs & Hamilton matched up with Mason & seldon; the latter two put on a clinic at both ends of the court.

Think uconn 2014 vs msu/Florida, except the shoes on the other foot. KO has got to keep getting playmakers if he wants to run the same heavy pnr offense. Zach brown, Enoch , and diarra is a ton of size in 2017. Need more guards/talented wings

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'd love to have Simon but like others have stated with only 1 scholarship left for next season I really think the staff needs to bring in a guy who can handle it and shoot but won't have to sit a year. Now, if another scholarship happens to open up then why the hell not. I'd love a 6' 5" PG.

Our last 6'5'' point guard was Doron Sheffer and that worked out quite nicely.

Reaction Score
We lost vs Kansas because the offense was garbage. this notion that we couldn't hang because of the bigs is nonsense, we were doomed the moment Gibbs & Hamilton matched up with Mason & seldon; the latter two put on a clinic at both ends of the court.

Think uconn 2014 vs msu/Florida, except the shoes on the other foot. KO has got to keep getting playmakers if he wants to run the same heavy pnr offense. Zach brown, Enoch , and diarra is a ton of size in 2017. Need more guards/talented wings

Really feels like there are a few of us on an island, that DHam/Purvis/Gibbs were these diamonds surrounded by garbage who couldn't pull their weight, truly bizarro world.

Last edited:

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Heard he was tired of slipping.

I hate when I miss a reference...is slipping due to the slick back Sean Miller head, or a play on Simon's "Slip Sliding Away"?

Reaction Score
Really feels like there are a few of us on an island, that DHam/Purvis/Gibbs were these diamonds surrounded by garbage who couldn't pull their weight. Truly bizarro world.
Yeah the narrative has worn thin, like how blind does one have to be to not see Hamilton purvis and Gibbs struggling to do anything efficient off the bounce ? F a weight room they need to work on skill development.

The good news is KO will be running two pgs 30+ minutes next year who can actually create offense. Also adding two 6'8 guys with shooting potential

Reaction Score

Having no big that is a scoring or rebounding threat has a huge effect on our guards, their help defense and virtually everything that happens on the court. Size is not just height and Jacobs article from the Courant made sense. BTW, I'm aware of Gibbs deficiencies and yes we need better guard play but it won't solve all of our problems unless we have 2 great guards one a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Having no big that is a scoring or rebounding threat has a huge effect on our guards, their help defense and virtually everything that happens on the court. Size is not just height and Jacobs article from the Courant made sense. BTW, I'm aware of Gibbs deficiencies and yes we need better guard play but it won't solve all of our problems unless we have 2 great guards one a lottery pick.
We won a national championship 2 years ago with 2 great guards, neither of were a lottery pick.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
For the love of tits no more turning threads into brimah/big man thread for at least a month.

Reaction Score
Some interesting players are Dylan Osetkowski (not expecting to get him but still a conference player of note) and Cane Broome of Sacred Heart. He's from in-state and averaged 24 ppg as a sophomore. I'd say that he's definitely worth a look.

Reaction Score
We lost vs Kansas because the offense was garbage. this notion that we couldn't hang because of the bigs is nonsense

Miller, Brimah, Nolan, Facey and Enoch combined for 38 minutes, 1 point and zero rebounds in the first half. We got our asses absolutely kicked in the paint. KU's bigs and guards did what they wanted in the lane.

On the game it was 75 minutes, six points and four rebounds for that quintuplet. This group didn't have the gang rebounding prowess of the '14 group - Bazz & Boatright were very good rebounding guards. Hell, vs UK in the title game Kromah matched the output of our entire 5-man frontcourt against Kansas and did so in only 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom