The quest for the Ultimate Double is underway | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The quest for the Ultimate Double is underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If BC is that awful why the constant longing to play them, be affiliated with them? Maybe there are bigger fish to fry and UConn should aspire to mold & lead a league that can be greater.

Reaction Score
Phew! That was a close one! The Eagles really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in spectacular fashion!

Reaction Score
If BC is that awful why the constant longing to play them, be affiliated with them? Maybe there are bigger fish to fry and UConn should aspire to mold & lead a league that can be greater.

Its what makes it a rivalry.

Reaction Score
Those TCU players have champagne on ice, waiting to celebrate the day that they are not the last team(s) to get the double donut.
Do you think the members of the "fightin' 76er" will be standing on the sidelines like the old Dolphins used to do?

Reaction Score
You just couldn't resist staying dark after that last second loss (or was it a win--a win for us BYers I guess) last night. I was constantly hitting refresh on ESPN screaming at my computer with 2 seconds remaining when it took several minutes to update what happened. When I finally saw that BC lost, I let out a primal yell. My girlfriend was very confused as to why I was rooting so hard for a team to lose

I was doing the same and grateful my kids were in bed. I coach both of their respective sports teams and always preach to root for our team, never root against another team. Whoops.

Reaction Score
I know everyone wants to have this big New England rivalry with BC but after 2017 any future match up in football could actually hurt UConn's national title run by watering down their out of conference schedule.

Well, in terms of hoops that would certainly be the case and at the rate BC is going, there may be a lot of truth to that for football someday too.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You just couldn't resist staying dark after that last second loss (or was it a win--a win for us BYers I guess) last night. I was constantly hitting refresh on ESPN screaming at my computer with 2 seconds remaining when it took several minutes to update what happened. When I finally saw that BC lost, I let out a primal yell. My girlfriend was very confused as to why I was rooting so hard for a team to lose
The game was sold to Fox (heard their Sunday football music entering each time out) and aired on NESN. Other than Gus Johnson and Bill Rafftery, FOX has some awful announcers.

Reaction Score
Clemson is up 20 with just over 2 minutes left.

Congratulations BC on a job done.

Reaction Score
Can Boston College do the impossible and go winless in conference in football and basketball?

Yes they can!

ESPNCBB 1:49pm via Spredfast app
BC becomes 1st team in ACC history to go winless in both basketball & football conference play in same school year.
6.jpg

Reaction Score
In defense of the ACC, if they were choosing between BC and UConn today (or in 2011-12) I don't think there would be a contest. BC got ahead of the game and into a conference they don't deserve to be in. We see the result.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In what seems impossible Rutgers won a game by 20 points today. Bailed out by another Pitino who can't keep a sex scandal away from his program.

Reaction Score
Do they get they still get the double if they win their first game in the ACC Tournament?

Reaction Score
Who will kick in for bonuses for their coaching staffs for this magnificent achievement?

Reaction Score
Do they get they still get the double if they win their first game in the ACC Tournament?

#14 will be playing #11 Florida St. in the ACC championship in DC on Tuesday and the winner gets V Tech. the Seminoles beat the Eagles at Conte by 10 at the end of January. Louisville is not eligible.

Reaction Score
Yeah..it was for regular season games...losing in the ACC tournament will just be icing on the cake.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
BC lost to FSU by 10 at home and they are likely to have similar home crowd support at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. as they did for their last meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom