The QB is not skilled enough to succeed at this level | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The QB is not skilled enough to succeed at this level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember him hurting his knee against Louisville and having shoulder issues - I don't remember a broken wrist. It's all pretty fuzzy though.

You're right about the knee. His wrist was taped pretty heavily at the end of his time here, but it was his thumb that caused the wrist to be taped (with the thumb). His throwing motion made it look like he had a bad shoulder, maybe that's what you remember. lol

Green's Career Over

Lorenzen was seen wearing a brace on his left wrist during a recent workout.

"He had an issue with that thumb, the left thumb, ligaments and things," Edsall said. "I think the rest has helped him quite a bit. He got banged up running the ball a little bit. His knee was bothering him quite a bit. His thumb probably hampered him more from a throwing standpoint."

Reaction Score
QB's that play at UConn must have a death wish especially over the past 6 years. From Bonislawski on we have been taking many years off these young men's lives.

There must be some mega donor that is also a wheelchair tycoon that we are keeping in business.

I refuse to believe that Chandler Whitmer is actually alive and walking this earth. The UConn STEM program has pulled off some Manchurian Candidate program where they have cloned another human to act like him because he is laying paralyzed in some dungeon in the depths of the Burton complex in a tank like Luke Skywalker was.

Reaction Score
This thread is really annoying! Sheriffs plays with as much heart as anyone on the team. Remember the maine play when his helmet came off. He is tough, he puts his body on the line. He is a leader By example in toughness and grit . No he does not have the arm of elway or manning . Doesnt mean he cant win. He needs to build some confidence hitting some deep routes once and a while and i think his game will explode

Reaction Score
You're right about the knee. His wrist was taped pretty heavily at the end of his time here, but it was his thumb that caused the wrist to be taped (with the thumb). His throwing motion made it look like he had a bad shoulder, maybe that's what you remember. lol

Green's Career Over

Lorenzen was seen wearing a brace on his left wrist during a recent workout.

"He had an issue with that thumb, the left thumb, ligaments and things," Edsall said. "I think the rest has helped him quite a bit. He got banged up running the ball a little bit. His knee was bothering him quite a bit. His thumb probably hampered him more from a throwing standpoint."

On his throwing hand.

07.lorenzen.louisville.jpg

Reaction Score
If also note that he has gotten us in position to win at the end. Other issues have cost us the games we lost.

Reaction Score
Early 2nd quarter....2nd down......all day to throw.....overthrows wide open Thomas by a mile down left sideline.....terrible.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Two throws and we're down ... well we're still down 14 but that would be better than 28.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is UConn hasn't had a good QB since Dan O. And why would they? They refuse to commit to anything but a ground and pound game, so why would a good high school QB (or WRs ) want to come here. UConn needs a head coach who only thinks of the offensive side of ball. Those recruits who don't earn starting roles get to play defense. Like in the P5 conferences.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bottom line is UConn hasn't had a good QB since Dan O. And why would they? They refuse to commit to anything but a ground and pound game, so why would a good high school QB (or WRs ) want to come here. UConn needs a head coach who only thinks of the offensive side of ball. Those recruits who don't earn starting roles get to play defense. Like in the P5 conferences.
You may not have noticed, but we have a couple P5 level receivers. We need some P5 level linemen.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure P5 schools recruit defensive players.

Reaction Score
Get him off the field.....2nd and 5......wide open Mayala on right sideline......he misses the throw inside by 10 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom