OT: - The Old, the Obscure, and the Forgotten | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, the Obscure, and the Forgotten

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some more country singers that didn't catch on big. I think these were part of the Nashville scene but didn't find a big audience. This one is a beautiful duet by 2 not real well known singers (Kelly Willis and Kevin Welch).

Reaction Score
A very old blue song. So old so blue it almost makes me fall in sleep ...:p
But we are #BleedBlue right?

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Speaking of side projects, this included among others members of Wilco, The Jayhawks and Soul Asylum.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This group is from Vancouver, BC. I used to see them all the time at clubs and festivals in Seattle. They've long since had a complete turn over among their members, the lead singer is the only thing left. I haven't seen them in years, wouldn't be the same anymore. Man I had a big thing for that fiddle player (Shona le Mattee). She always had the most peaceful, blissed out look on her face while she was playing.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
"Take Me Back to Sorrento"
--Ernesto De Curtis, 1898

Its' not obscure to Ralph Kramden...or Mrs. Manicotti.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Genya Ravan and Ten Wheel Drive.

Back in the time when Blood, Sweat and Tears was new and jazz rock was a thing, there was Genya Ravan, who (if you look it up) had quite a history as a pathfinder in women's rock and roll. Anyway, they were on tour and played my college ballroom back in 1970 and I was blown away by them. Probably the first concert where I really connected to the music.
They cut a couple of albums but never got anywhere.

Saw them once. Big, dynamic band.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know this song as a Brooks & Dunn hit. The original sounds great. The remake barely bothered to change anything from this version.
Thank you for confirming my thought at the time. I'm no country fan and I loved the original. And all I know about Brooks & Dunn was this inferior cover version. It made their career. I never liked Brooks & Dunn.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and if you may think 80's drops aren't old, consider that the time gap between say, rudy vallee (30's teen pop star idol) and, say, 60's jimi hendrix is the same as new wave till now.
have sum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom