The Jersey says USA, not UCONN...... | The Boneyard

The Jersey says USA, not UCONN......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've heard several of my Twitter followers say that they hope USA doesn't win Gold because Geno is the Coach and he favorites his former players. Ever since Geno chose the final player, AJ, it's been a problem. I've stated several times that the Jersey says USA and not UCONN, but I can't changed their minds. They wont even watch the games, nor do they care to hear about it. It's hard getting publicity for Wmns Bball, and we have the best of the best on 1 team and still won't get American support. I wish it wasn't like this. :(

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno never chose the final player the USA organization did.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Certainly, Geno advocated for Asjha, but he wasn't responsible for making that selection, was he?

At any rate, the same six UConn players were on the 2010 team. How is this different?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Have to appreciate the ignorance of your followers: Auriemma doesn't pick the team.

As for their pettiness - they're cutting their nose off to spite their face: 'cause they missed Whalen rock last night!

Reaction Score
Everything you Guys have told, I've told them also. Everything is done by Committee, they just refuse to believe that.

Reaction Score
Have to appreciate the ignorance of your followers: Auriemma doesn't pick the team.

As for their pettiness - they're cutting their nose off to spite their face: 'cause they missed Whalen rock last night!
Whats funny is that one of my fml followers is a LYNX fan, and she won't watch. She said she only wants Whalen and Seimone to do good in the games. Plus she hates Parker, Maya, Catchings, Diana, Sue, and Angel. I think she hates Swin too, can't remember. Oh, did I mention she's an Irish Fan?!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Well, as the saying goes..
"Do not try to teach a pig to sing. It is a waste of your time. And, it annoys the pig!"

Seems like they're following the oft-used philosphy of "never let the facts get in the way of a good story".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Everything you Guys have told, I've told them also. Everything is done by Committee, they just refuse to believe that.
People of the Orange?

So many people have preconceived notions about so many things that they can't process facts or see the truth when it presents itself. That is sad.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Whats funny is that one of my fml followers is a LYNX fan, and she won't watch. She said she only wants Whalen and Seimone to do good in the games. Plus she hates Parker, Maya, Catchings, Diana, Sue, and Angel. I think she hates Swin too, can't remember. Oh, did I mention she's an Irish Fan?!
Narrowminded?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

She may not be an idiot, but she's acting like one.

Reaction Score
I believe so. We disagree a lot during the College Season, she absolutely hates the ground Sims and Griner walks on.

t-gal

T for Trouble
Reaction Score
I've heard several of my Twitter followers say that they hope USA doesn't win Gold because Geno is the Coach and he favorites his former players. Ever since Geno chose the final player, AJ, it's been a problem. I've stated several times that the Jersey says USA and not UCONN, but I can't changed their minds. They wont even watch the games, nor do they care to hear about it. It's hard getting publicity for Wmns Bball, and we have the best of the best on 1 team and still won't get American support. I wish it wasn't like this. :(

This made me think of a bumper sticker I saw a couple of months ago. It read, "If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front!" I don't agree with them not supporting Team USA, but this is one of the MANY freedoms us military members are defending. I'll add those Twitter followers to my prayer list.

Reaction Score
Hilarious
Gotta admire musically challenged pigs who hate excellence -- they must be a joy to be around!

I think my next breakfast will include a side of bacon...
Hilarious :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let's see - some of your Twitter followers are irrationally pigheaded, juvenile and ignorant. Why on earth would you care what these people think?

Reaction Score
Let's see - some of your Twitter followers are irrationally pigheaded, juvenile and ignorant. Why on earth would you care what these people think?
Only because it's USA Wmns Basketball and we need all the support we can get. So I try to rationalized with some of them, just until USA's are over. When College Hoops returns, I could care less how they feel about Geno/UConn

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
To the op's title: exactly. Where the players played their college ball is irrelevant.

I have heard, from a well informed source, that there are folks in the WBB coaching fraternity who do feel that the team would have less UConn players if Geno was not the coach. The fact that the team is made up of deserving players is not questioned. The thought seems to be that - the UConn alums having played for Geno in his system, and in many cases having played together, as well as that Geno would have a certain comfort level with them - could be an advantage for team USA that the committee factored in to their choices. As indeed it may well have been a factor and may well be advantageous.

I would only be concerned if someone was left out that "obviously" should be on the team. Since no one fits that bill, the team as constructed is fine with me.

Reaction Score
Their opposition isn't based on anything rational. It's the result of almost two decades of viewing Geno as Evil Incarnate. The best way to rebut them isn't directly. Just post the link to Alysa Auriemma's blog about Pat. That actually will hit the source of their madness.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I admit that I wish that Cappie was on the team, but saying that you wish that your country's national team doesn't win gold is just plain stupid. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom