The Fantastic Four | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Fantastic Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) Nope. Wrong again. My Dad was a die hard Yankee fan. At 5 I was a Dodger fan. I was too young to hate the Yankee's at the time. I've always been a fan of underdogs. I meandered around baseball becoming a marginal Yankee fan until the Mets and their 40-120 record entered NY in 1962. My dislike of the Yankee's is precisely for the reasons I've stated.

2) Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the first to generalize by saying "Spoken like a true jilted Dodger fan"? I'm just being the "Gander" here. By your definition those who became Yankee fans are not "True" fans. Also, what's so exclusive about being a Yankee fan? I became a Cub fan because I wanted to see that city win a BB championship. But I also became a big fan of their fans. Knowledgeable, and devoted fans of the game that fill that stadium no matter their team's record.

3) For the record I, like Cub fans never stopped rooting for the Mets, win or lose, and because of that I feel free to criticize. Tell me, did you even watch those Yankee years between'87 and'92? Or did you like so many Yankee fans stop going to the stadium and stop watching them on TV?

4) Even though you've terrible taste in BB teams, being a Knick fan gives you permanent dispensation for pretty much anything what you may say. But as a Met, Jet and Cub fan, I've been way up on suffering.

And I'll not apologize for having fun on this board discussing baseball with a fellow BY-er that I respect. Your Yankee taste may be is egregious, but no one's perfect. Everyone has blind spots.

Last post on this thread in deference to my fellow boneyarders. I didn't define who is a Yankee fan, I only described my personal situation. I never changed my allegiance nor stopped going to Yankee games even though George made it very difficult to do so in the early 90"s. In fact, I haven't changed allegiance to any of the teams that I've rooted for, regardless if it was a "marginal" interest or not. I've always watched in disbelief when a fan changes the team(s) they root for, outside of either the fan or the team moving their location.
Does any fan choose to root for a team based its "exclusivity" factor ?
I'm sure I have blind spots. I'm equally sure that my choice in baseball teams isn't one of them.

Reaction Score
While I agree with the talent displayed by your core group .I feel it is demeaning to at least three of the Huskies ,Soniya Dangerfield and Natalie. With out those three you would have at least two losses. FSU and Baylor. It is also a team sport with different roles for different players. If the core four were that good why not just start the "core four" against South Carolina ?

I understand your, and other folks, point regarding the exclusion. I feel bad for the other players and also agree FSU and Baylor would be Ls. That said, its CORE four. Definition of core is, "the central or most important part of something." It is not complete.

Honestly, the best way to think about for me is if a particular player is lost can we win the national championship with out them? If any of the deemed core four go down I think most likely not , but any one else yes. I do think the other three are needed to develop and be part of the team in order to have the best chance to win it all, even just from a bodies perspective of subbing and dealing with possible foul issues. But when thinking of "core" right now its those four players and its obvious in every big game that they are on the floor almost the entire time, not the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom