Texas Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Texas Post Game Thread

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If he plays against Kansas like he did in this game, Dickenson will eat him alive.
Hopefully Clingan will be in better shape by then. Really sucks that out of all injuries a foot took him out for a month. He looked great in Europe and it seemed like it set him back.

Dickenson looks like a monster this year so far.

caw

Reaction Score
Karaban turned into Larry Legend in the 2nd half. Solid win for this team and a great performance by AK who showed he can carry this team over the finish line when needed.

Still think more Doug McDermott, more threes and less twos though.

Clingan's per minute was actually not horrible, but he looked exhausted even with so few minutes. Back to back probably didn't help either.

Reaction Score
Not our best game.

Missing castle

Good texas team

AK showed an ability to create & make GREAT/CLUTCH shots..

We are good

caw

Reaction Score
Gotta stop sleeping on Hassan. Spin move to layup. Steal to lob to Sampson. 2 blocks.....aggressive defense. I love it.

Either way when Castle comes back that is going to be a sick five deep at the 1-3 with Newton, Cam, Castle, Diarra and Ball. Just hope Ross and/or Stewart can get some confidence in the next two games.

Reaction Score
A few years ago many other teams were doing to UConn what UConn just did to Texas all night, keeping them at arm's length in route to a low double-digit win (10-20 point win). In other words, feels good to be on the giving end of this type of game rather than the receiving end. I even recall a game in the early 2000s where Texas did that to UConn in the S16, I think 2003. Revenge!

Reaction Score
This is a good team, probably not the best team in college basketball. I think that's Kansas, but you don't need to be the best team to win.
That @Kansas game is scary. I think the last time they went to Kansas they went in ranked 1 and got smacked around 88-59 or something like that. Kansas seems to be UConns kryptonite, also lost a few years ago in an 8 vs 1 game. Kansas and UNC back-to-back is perhaps the hardest back-to-back any team will have in the regular season, at least OOC.

Reaction Score
@husky429 too early to admit you were wrong about SJ?
When i posted this summer, that if samson played with confidence, with his crazy athleticism, that he could eventually be draftable, just based on 2 hs all star games i saw, & hurleys comments

I was told by @husky429 that that was laughable, & he wasn't much better than Richie springs.

Last edited:

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
A few thoughts:

1. Samson was way better than Clingan tonight- best game of his career.
2. Diarra and Ball played great as well - really solid contributions from both.
3. Karaban just has a knack for hitting those buzzer beater, dagger type shots.
4. The Texas head coach could moonlight as Gustavo Fring from Breaking Bad.
My son mentioned that their head coach looked like Gus good call

Reaction Score
Why are people acting like Kansas is so much better than us? From what I've seen from them this season I'm very confident in our ability to beat them.
Because it is AT Kansas and UConn is 0-3 all time vs Kansas (1-5 vs UNC too), the two teams that seem to have UConns number the most. I'm not acting like they are so much better, but also not going to pretend like this is NOT going to be a very hard game for UConn to play on the road. 1-8 all-time vs Kansas and UNC, hope that will soon be 3-8 and for sure hoping it won't soon be 1-10.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hopefully Clingan will be in better shape by then. Really sucks that out of all injuries a foot took him out for a month. He looked great in Europe and it seemed like it set him back.

Dickenson looks like a monster this year so far.

keep your eye on the prize. Getting Clingan healthy and in prime condition by mid-January will be plenty good enough for UConn to make another title run.

In the meantime, we can enjoy seeing Johnson get more and more comfortable playing extended minutes.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
keep your eye on the prize. Getting Clingan healthy and in prime condition by mid-January will be plenty good enough for UConn to make another title run.

In the meantime, we can enjoy seeing Johnson get more and more comfortable playing extended minutes.
That’s the blessing in disguise with these early season lumps from our big big stars. Other guys get to step up and gain confidence.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Live view from the Texas locker room after the game:
Breaking Bad What GIF by For(bes) The Culture
Yes every time I looked at the Texas HC I thought Gus Fring good call out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At one point last night Clingan seemed to signal for an inhaler on the bench, anyone notice that? I thought I was seeing things. Does he use one?

Reaction Score
Or he could just dunk more.
I mean ya, that too. I just watch guys like Edey/Dickinson and he’s not close to them yet in terms of offensive moves, and I don’t think they do anything special

Reaction Score
Enjoying this great win. This was a serious early season test. Texas is big for sure. The bench stepped up; most teams don't have that luxury. Were still looking for more growth and viewing players that seem to enjoy the moment.

Hurley and his staff have found pieces and bench growth that the transfer portal offers in today's confusing college market. Hats off to the coaching staff! Thanks!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Gotta stop sleeping on Hassan. Spin move to layup. Steal to lob to Sampson. 2 blocks.....aggressive defense. I love it.
I have not been the biggest HD fan. But if he plays like he did tonight I am ok admitting I was wrong. He made a ton of good and timely plays. Like the steal after Texas got a defensive rebound and was starting to head down court he sneaked up from behind knocked the ball away and we got a three out of the play. Solo is also improving on defense and we saw the athleticism. He is 6’3” but plays way bigger than that, but I think we knew that would be the case. He is starting to figure it out. I still think we need one more freshman Stewart or Ross to step up and give us minutes. Would prefer to be 9 deep than 8 deep. And what can you say about SJ he battled on the boards is an athletic freak. So if DC picks it up and SC is who he is, with SJ playing this way I could see him go late first round early second. He has nba size and athleticism. I trusted DH knew what he was doing with SJ glad we all saw how his plan is working out.

Reaction Score
Enjoying this great win. This was a serious early season test. Texas is big for sure. The bench stepped up; most teams don't have that luxury. Were still looking for more growth and viewing players that seem to enjoy the moment.

Hurley and his staff have found pieces and bench growth that the transfer portal offers in today's confusing college market. Hats off to the coaching staff! Thanks!

Texas would’ve been a whole other issue with Shendrick but then again we would’ve as well with Castle. Lots to be happy about but watching that Longhorn team and thinking eventually Disu and Shendrick may be healthy they will be heard from in March April.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I mean ya, that too. I just watch guys like Edey/Dickinson and he’s not close to them yet in terms of offensive moves, and I don’t think they do anything special
He definitely needs to improve his post moves. We can win without him being another version of AS, but it is always good to have some one who can score on the blocks just in case. DC is a better passer as a sophomore than Sanogo was so we have that to work with. If he becomes just a little better threat to score in the low post he could be a devastating passer if they try to double him. He is so big and has court vision he will find open teammates setting up for the kick out threes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom