Texas hires Louisville's HC Charlie Strong! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Texas hires Louisville's HC Charlie Strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You find a very dark part of US history that saw the forced ethnic cleansing of American Indians from the Deep South that violated several existing US laws and treaties resulting in the death of thousands 'fascinating?' You, sir, have issue far greater than Conference realignment, which pales in comparison to what happened in the 1830's.

1. — fas·ci·nat·ing
extremely interesting : captivating

Sounds like you find that period of history "fascinating" as well - given your answer. Either that or you're a wiki-wh*re - either way, you really need to get over yourself with your silliness. I will say one thing though - the two instances aren't really comparable - UConn fans have cried far more than those unfortunate Native Americans.

Reaction Score
It's not that they don't know what the big deal is, it's that students at Louisville Community College have never heard of the event at all. It's not color by numbers, so it's not in the curriculum.

Fail. Did my undergrad at Centre College and graduated law school from Louisville. Tell me again why UConn's unbelievable academics still have you in the AAC?

Reaction Score
Who really cares what you think of our board! And the fact you are even saying your school is an academic equal with ND is comical! You made a GREAT hire for your AD when you hired Jurich away from Colorado St...he has done what our former AD failed to do..invest in athletics. But there is absolutely NO way you can tell me Louisville is on par academically as a school to UCONN! Oh yeah...your hoops team was down to nothing when Jurich hired Pitino...let's see where it goes when he leaves, because UK sure had a tough time replacing him!

Jurich came from Colorado State? Isn't that where Hathaway was when UCONN re-hired him? And we're smarter?:confused:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Fail. Did my undergrad at Centre College and graduated law school from Louisville. Tell me again why UConn's unbelievable academics still have you in the AAC?

Forgive me, but I've never heard of Centre College. Not impressed.

And where you went to school still doesn't change the statement I made that students at Louisville Community College are taught how to color by number.

Furthermore, never once did I mention the quality education that a student receives at UConn. Since you'd clearly like a statement regarding my thoughts on a UConn education, I would state that while we are not an Ivy League caliber school, we are a far superior academic institution as compared to Louisville.

But to answer your question, clearly academics played no part in the selection of Louisville over UConn. Conference realignment isn't taking academic rank into account, so I'm not sure what point you're attempting to make by asking that question.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I could say the same for you. Like, for instance, how to quote someone without putting your response in the quoted text box.
Got me! You're better at typing messages than I am. I guess I better leave now while I still can.

Reaction Score
1. — fas·ci·nat·ing
extremely interesting : captivating

Sounds like you find that period of history "fascinating" as well - given your answer. Either that or you're a wiki-wh*re - either way, you really need to get over yourself with your silliness. I will say one thing though - the two instances aren't really comparable - UConn fans have cried far more than those unfortunate Native Americans.

Yes, I do use Wikipedia to support and fill in the gaps of the collection of history books as I take pride in my country and knowing about its history, including the grievous mistakes that the country has made so that they can hopefully be avoid in the future. Your statement, “the two instances aren't really comparable” is concerning because you are either downplaying a horrible event in US history or you have no respect for the hell that the US government and others put Native Americans through by even remotely associating Conference Realignment with the Trail of Tears.

Reaction Score
Yes, I do use Wikipedia to support and fill in the gaps of the collection of history books as I take pride in my country and knowing about its history, including the grievous mistakes that the country has made so that they can hopefully be avoid in the future. Your statement, “the two instances aren't really comparable” is concerning because you are either downplaying a horrible event in US history or you have no respect for the hell that the US government and others put Native Americans through by even remotely associating Conference Realignment with the Trail of Tears.
Try as you might to put me in this silly box you've constructed, it simply doesn't fit. One part self-importance and one part righteous indignation - yep, you're a UConn fan...

Reaction Score
Try as you might to put me in this silly box you've constructed, it simply doesn't fit. One part self-importance and one part righteous indignation - yep, you're a UConn fan...

poop_on_ul.jpg

Reaction Score
Jurich came from Colorado State? Isn't that where Hathaway was when UCONN re-hired him? And we're smarter?:confused:
Yeah..Hathaway replaced Jurich...Lew told him to go get some experience as a head AD and he would endorse him as his successor...when he let for Kansas he endorsed Hathaway..and it became a done deal

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's too bad he didn't endorse a ham sandwich. Things might have turned out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom