Texas hires Louisville's HC Charlie Strong! | The Boneyard

Texas hires Louisville's HC Charlie Strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No Strong, no Bridgewater. Hope the PP/GDL shows put in their resume at Louisville. Would love to see the Cards eat some humble pie with a couple of sub .500 records in ACC football for the first 2 or 3 years.

Reaction Score
No Strong, no Bridgewater. Hope the PP/GDL shows put in their resume at Louisville. Would love to see the Cards eat some humble pie with a couple of sub .500 records in ACC football for the first 2 or 3 years.
First 2 or 3 years?...I hope this is the "good from a far...FAR from good" theory for the ACC with Louisville! I hope Jurich finally has run his snake oil/ponzi scheme out of customers.. The ACC is stuck with UL now, poor academics and all!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All over twitter, supposedly Strong told everyone at UL no decisison has been reached. If he is waffling this bad, that UT job is going to eat him up. Stay at UL bud.

Reaction Score
All over twitter, supposedly Strong told everyone at UL no decisison has been reached. If he is waffling this bad, that UT job is going to eat him up. Stay at UL bud.

He's burned a ton of good will in Louisville's direction.

F

fortebleedsblue

Now that the rose bowl is over this is a "better opportunity" p5 move that Narduzi could make..... That would suck but I can see it happening.

Reaction Score
Supposedly the hang up is Strong's UL buyout.

Reaction Score
If there is some hesitation, I am Curious if Strong waits to see what happens with Golden to PSU. He has great recruiting connections throughout the state of Florida, spent a decent amount of time coaching at UF. While UT is the "bigger" job and significantly more $$, he may be smart enough to realize he can have the same or better level of success at The U without all the headaches and unrealistic pressure he'd be under in Austin.

So glad we have our guy locked up and aren't playing the Game if Coaches.

Reaction Score
Now that the rose bowl is over this is a "better opportunity" p5 move that Narduzi could make..... That would suck but I can see it happening.

Narduzzi isn't a HC. Texas will want a guy with experience and who has proven track record of success.

Reaction Score
I'm over Narduzzi. It could work though. Best of luck to him if he does. Someone should remind him to dine in Louisville if he takes the job. At the very least avoid restaurants known to be frequented by Pitino.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It will always puzzle me how the ACC didn't add 3 state flagship institutions in UConn, Rutgers, and West Virginia.

Their football power Louisville just lost the two people that made them leap frog UConn.

Louisville is a very good program with elite hoops and while they are sitting on top of the world now, I'll always take the flagship state institution over the city school.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight: the ACC's decision to invite the school whose football team had the better record at the time might not have been a good decision? I'm shocked!

The ACC is run by a bunch of dumb duckks.
No no...they're a program on the rise! They're becoming a national football power...well...er...that was when they had a star QB and a solid HC. :p Now...well at least the ACC's schools get to stand side-by-side with Louisville's top notch academics! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think you're right

No no...they're a program on the rise! They're becoming a national football power...well...er...that was when they had a star QB and a solid HC. :p Now...well at least the ACC's schools get to stand side-by-side with Louisville's top notch academics! :rolleyes:
I think too much is made of the academic angle. More likely UL's play with funny math in terms of revenue played a bigger role. We have to learn to the bend the rules better when selling ourselves.

Reaction Score
Hey John Swofford, no Bridgewater, no Strong and it's only a matter of year(s) before no Pitino. Oh, and you sold your academic soul to the devil to allow this to happen.

A pox on all their houses.

Even if for some reason Strong does't leave NOW he's shown Louisville that he has no interest in a future there a la Edsall. When the right opening happens, he will be gettin the hell out of Dodge.

Reaction Score
I think too much is made of the academic angle. More likely UL's play with funny math in terms of revenue played a bigger role. We have to learn to the bend the rules better when selling ourselves.
The academic angle was always what the ACC pitched to the public. That was THE first and most important factor in evaluating a potential new member. But then, in the CR frenzy which ensued last year, they felt threatened by the possible defection of their two big football programs, so they suddenly decided that academics weren't THAT important. In fact... not only were they not the number one consideration anymore....they just didn't matter at all!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Sigh. If only the ACC's expansion had taken taken place a few years later, or a few years sooner. Or, if UConn had hired Herbst a few years earlier, or gotten rid of Hathaway. Timing is everything.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SIPeteThamel11:07am via Web
UPDATE: Terms set for Texas and Strong. Deep in negotiations. Buyout looms. No decision imminent.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-footba…

ericcrawford9:55am via Web
Source tells me Clint Hurtt definitely an issue.

IF Clint Hurtt is not allowed to join his staff, Strong is going to have a much tougher time, at least initially, on the recruiting trail. It wouldn't surprise me if this becomes a possible deal-breaker for Strong.

Reaction Score
Is Hurtt the Louisville guy originally from the U who was suspended, or punished or what have u. Is he able to leave with Strong or is he stuck in purgatory right now by the NCAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom