Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I don't think I've seen anyone mention this, but why can't we get Clarke AND Jones? My ideal class is Adams, Clarke, Jones, Enoch, and Stone. There is so much size and athleticism in that group and I really think Clarke and Jones can co-exist with Clarke playing shooting guard.

Reaction Score
I don't think I've seen anyone mention this, but why can't we get Clarke AND Jones? My ideal class is Adams, Clarke, Jones, Enoch, and Stone. There is so much size and athleticism in that group and I really think Clarke and Jones can co-exist with Clarke playing shooting guard.

We've tried lineups like that before, and the ballhandling suffers. I don't remember UConn ever having real success without an off-guard who is also a ballhandler.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Happy to have him, of course, but not sure why the age thing matters. If it's the NBA you may not want a 23-year-old rookie or whatever, but in college wouldn't you want someone more mature? I'd think a 19-year-old freshman would be preferable, especially if you won't have him for four years.

Reaction Score
Happy to have him, of course, but not sure why the age thing matters. If it's the NBA you may not want a 23-year-old rookie or whatever, but in college wouldn't you want someone more mature? I'd think a 19-year-old freshman would be preferable, especially if you won't have him for four years.

He's really the appropiate age for his class, just has a birthday in the last quarter(maybe Sept ?) of the year. Hilton was the same way, I remember when he got drafted and it was getting talked up that he was a 21 year old graduating senior, when all it was it that he turned 22 later in the year. It seems like along the way with so many guys no staying back a year to gain a competitive edge that 19 year olds entering their freshman year have become the norm in cbb.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
We've tried lineups like that before, and the ballhandling suffers. I don't remember UConn ever having real success without an off-guard who is also a ballhandler.
I think Clarke can really handle the ball.

Reaction Score
Hans Sprungfeld said:
Spent my day in Norwalk yesterday: yoga on the beach in Rowayton, fried clams & ice cream overlooking the harbor, lucrative work at a million dollar home in East Norwalk while my partner toiled for healthy pay in class A office space along the river. Sure, the ice cream in Oxford last week was better, but seriously?
Born and raised in Norwalk, there sure are some beautiful parts (although Rowayton doesn't consider themselves as part of Norwalk), but then there are the "other parts" and for someone that worked with Steve Enoch when he was younger seeing where this kid came from and what he's overcome (which will remain private) in his younger life I couldn't be prouder IF he's a Husky.

On edit, I'm still very proud of him but would be prouder if he chooses UConn!

Reaction Score
Steve Enoch, 6-foot-9, Norwalk (Conn.) High, No. 54: At June's Pangos All-American Camp, Enoch pretty much came out of nowhere to put himself in the national spotlight. Unfortunately, an injury at the NBPA Top 100 Camp cost him the chance to back up what he showed at Pangos.

High-major scholarship offers have rolled in like crazy for Enoch, but for the most part coaches have barely been able to watch him. He is big, he is physical and he has legitimate three-point touch on his jumper. At least, that is what we think based on the one weekend we were able to watch. If Enoch is able to play at the same level he did at Pangos Camp during the month of July, his recruitment could go nuclear.

- See more at: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1656884#sthash.iBgDJwKw.dpuf

Old quote from rivals, but still interesting. Maybe if he doesn't break his foot he garners more hype and thus takes longer to decide. If he plays well at next year @ stm wow, this could be a steal of a commit. 6'10 good athlete shoots threes

Reaction Score
I don't understand how a guy with that kind of size, both in terms of height and weight, who moves that well, who gets off the floor that well, and who can handle AND shoot isn't a higher-rated prospect. What's the weakness I don't know about?

Reaction Score
I don't understand how a guy with that kind of size, both in terms of height and weight, who moves that well, who gets off the floor that well, and who can handle AND shoot isn't a higher-rated prospect. What's the weakness I don't know about?

consistency, production, history of results, etc.

Reaction Score
Pumped to get him! Love it when we can keep talent in the state! Only question is how does this change our stance on Stone? Stone is a PF but can play center and Enoch is more of a stretch 4 but just wondering.

Reaction Score
Pumped to get him! Love it when we can keep talent in the state! Only question is how does this change our stance on Stone? Stone is a PF but can play center and Enoch is more of a stretch 4 but just wondering.

I've never seen Stone listed as anything but a center anywhere. I've also never seen him play anything but center. He and Enoch aren't going to be playing the same position.

Reaction Score
Stone is a center, not a 4. They play two different positions and bring two very different skillsets to the game. I would be shocked if either saw the other as a challenge to their playing time at UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"UConn is apparently back in the Isaiah Briscoe sweepstakes now."
:)

Reaction Score
Enoch sounds like an excellent successor to DD in terms of having a versatile game at 6'9. He would instantly challenge Facey for minutes at the 4.

Unrelated, but who's getting pushed out of the starting lineup if Stone comes and Brimah stays (assuming Brimah shows significant improvement)?

Reaction Score
Unrelated, but who's getting pushed out of the starting lineup if Stone comes and Brimah stays (assuming Brimah shows significant improvement)?
Why don't we cross that bridge when (if ever) we get there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom