Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 1h
UConn is the latest school to reach out to and show interest in Norwalk (CT) 2015 center Steven Enoch

Recently offered by Memphis. Recruited by some mid majors.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow... Hometown kid! My brother is friends with him, and told me About the Memphis offer. Absolutely crazy that this kid from my hometown is about to break out and go national. Funny thing is he wasn't even the best player in Norwalk until this spring (some of you may know Roy Kane; another huge talent but he's probably A-10 or MAAC level). Anyways, if he keeps improving at this level, why not go after him?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Wow... Hometown kid! My brother is friends with him, and told me About the Memphis offer. Absolutely crazy that this kid from my hometown is about to break out and go national. Funny thing is he wasn't even the best player in Norwalk until this spring (some of you may know Roy Kane; another huge talent but he's probably A-10 or MAAC level). Anyways, if he keeps improving at this level, why not go after him?
Are you sure you're not a relative or 'family advisor' ;) of this kid?

Reaction Score
has anyone seen this kid play? visiting this weekend, this tweet from this past weekend sounds intriguing

Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10

7 things I learned yesterday at the #PittJamFest 1-Steven Enoch can be the nations best kept secret. Ways to go, but ceiling to be a pro

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good for the kid - from not playing much as a soph to a Memphis offer is pretty impressive. If he reclassifies, who knows where he might end up.

"The upside and ceiling that Enoch encapsulates is staggering and of prolific proportions, capable of asserting himself as another Big East type that can staple his name on the paint to a neighboring Big East program."

This reads like it was originally written in Japanese and run through Google translate.

Reaction Score
has anyone seen this kid play? visiting this weekend, this tweet from this past weekend sounds intriguing

Corey Evans
@coreyevans_10

7 things I learned yesterday at the #PittJamFest 1-Steven Enoch can be the nations best kept secret. Ways to go, but ceiling to be a pro

According to my brother, who went to a couple NHS games last year and knows basketball pretty well, his biggest strengths are his rebounding as shot blocking, and he's very well developed on the defensive end. However, like most high school big men, his offensive game is extremely limited. He needs to improve his hands and finishing, but is very athletic and can play above then rim. My brother also maintains that Roy Kane is a better player than Enoch at this point. (Kane has been all-FCIAC the last 2 years, and was all state this last year).

Reaction Score
UConNick,
Your brother's assessment is way off. Steve is extremely skilled offensively and that's his strength. You can't see that when you play on a high school team and your coach basically tells you to stand in the paint and you barely get touches. He averaged 15 ppg on 7 shot attempts. That's crazy. Roy Kane was definitely a better HS player. Steve is an NBA prospect. People are starting to see that. Steve is almost 6'10" and works relentlessly. His body and athleticism is just starting to fill in. Just sit back and watch.

Reaction Score
UConNick,
Your brother's assessment is way off. Steve is extremely skilled offensively and that's his strength. You can't see that when you play on a high school team and your coach basically tells you to stand in the paint and you barely get touches. He averaged 15 ppg on 7 shot attempts. That's crazy. Roy Kane was definitely a better HS player. Steve is an NBA prospect. People are starting to see that. Steve is almost 6'10" and works relentlessly. His body and athleticism is just starting to fill in. Just sit back and watch.

Sounds like you have a bias here... 1 post... friend? relative?

Either way I'm sure he is legit

Reaction Score
Sounds like you have a bias here... 1 post... friend? relative?

Either way I'm sure he is legit

This seems to be happening more and more. The Lubin threads exploded with photos and first hand "reports" that are a bit dubious. Hope all the "friends" are right in their assessments.

Reaction Score
Of course I know him. Trust me. He's legit. Memphis offered for a reason and a ton of other big time schools are all over him. I only joined to post here when I saw that silly comment. Steve is a junior and will probably reclass to class of 2016. He's only 16 and doesn't turn 17 until the next school year.

Reaction Score
This seems to be happening more and more. The Lubin threads exploded with photos and first hand "reports" that are a bit dubious. Hope all the "friends" are right in their assessments.

A lot of the photos and first hand reports were posted by Lubin's mom. She has every right to be the most biased person in the world regarding her son.

Reaction Score
A lot of the photos and first hand reports were posted by Lubin's mom. She has every right to be the most biased person in the world regarding her son.

I know his mom has posted here. But there were two other posters who came out of nowhere and basically said Fishy and others (myself included) were idiots for doubting him. I hope they are right; I really, really do.

Reaction Score
The last thing we need here are people that actually know potential or current recruits. These people have seen them play, actually know them and therefore obviously cannot contribute anything to the conversation about there size or skills. Their knowing them results in them obviously not being objective, and we know The Boneyard otherwise is completely objective. After all, it is much better to rely on people that have seen a five minute clip or the real experts that have watched a full game on video and therefore have completely objective knowledge of these players abilities and potential. If we start listening to people that are actually familiar with the players. the next thing you know we will be relying on the actual things our coaches and players say instead of reporters that are telling us what unnamed sources close to the players are saying. And no one wants to see The Boneyard go down that slippery slope.

Reaction Score
This is weird for me as I used to be this kids counselor and play ball with him when he was 8. Great, great news!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Of course I know him. Trust me. He's legit. Memphis offered for a reason and a ton of other big time schools are all over him. I only joined to post here when I saw that silly comment. Steve is a junior and will probably reclass to class of 2016. He's only 16 and doesn't turn 17 until the next school year.
Interesting - good info.

One bit of advice, though: when addressing something about which you are passionate, don't ever use the phrase "trust me." You're engaging in the argument from authority logical fallacy, and countless peer reviewed sociological studies have shown that phrase actually elicits the opposite response.

So if you want us to doubt your every word, just say "trust me."

Trust me.

Reaction Score
As an add-on to my previous post, this kid has blossomed into a very good offensive player. He can shoot, trust me. He's had a nasty handle since he was 6. Admittedly it's been years since I've spoken to him (since he's 16 now I last worked with him as a client when he was 8 or 9), but I've been to many NHS games and he's a monster just ready to reach his peak.

Reaction Score
I know his mom has posted here. But there were two other posters who came out of nowhere and basically said Fishy and others (myself included) were idiots for doubting him. I hope they are right; I really, really do.

The replys were mostly to people saying he is shorter and less athletic than his actual measurables are.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
The replys were mostly to people saying he is shorter and less athletic than his actual measurables are.
You mean the people coming here saying they know Rock? Because one of them was the one who said he was 6'8, a solid 262, and posting pictures of him playing above 10 feet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You mean the people coming here saying they know Rock? Because one of them was the one who said he was 6'8, a solid 262, and posting pictures of him playing above 10 feet.

I was saying the reply's of the people who know him were towards the people saying he is shorter and less athletic than he actually is and used false assumptions to make statements about his potential as a player at UConn. I think you interpreted my statement as the opposite as what I was trying to say.

Reaction Score
Easy with the silly and way off comments. I think I speak for everyone when I say no one likes a condescending . Simply could've said "I actually heard this about him..." Just because you disagree doesn't make you smarter! :confused:

Reaction Score
Trust me, I'm not being condescending. LOL I'll get out of this thread and let you guys find out about him on your own.

Great post Hume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34