Statement Game ... Lack of Progress | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Statement Game ... Lack of Progress

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Pure sadness. There is no other emotion to describe the feeling.

But I won't be childish and throw out my caps, shirts, etc. Still a Husky fan, just no longer a face painter.

Reaction Score
Ok, everyone chill. Wow.

We aren't going to be good but this is all a bit much.

Beaudry was fine. He will be fine. He made a lot of nice throws, made a couple bad ones, was limited by some really awful playcalling but he was totally fine. 385 total yards? Fine.

Our offensive line was pretty bad in run blocking, but for the most part held up a wall pass blocking.

Thompson is good. Mensah was pretty meh.

Our Running game generally was incredibly disappointing.

Drayton is good. Maurisseau(sp?) is good. I've always believed Donaldson should get more burn. Fine at WR.

Do we have TEs?

Defense was fine. CBs covered competitively. We have 4-5 competent DL, Dillon Harris, Kevin Jones, and DJ Morgan are solid. Most of the game was actually fine. Got tired and lost focus in 2nd half but honestly 185 yards and 14 pts? I don't care if it's FCS or Southington High, after last year we take that all day.

The fact is that we were massively inefficient. Fumble, turnover on downs, dropped TD, timely penalties, pick six, all in plus territory.

This game was 24-21. It could have just as well been 42-14.

They aren't good. But they aren't historically embarrassing like last year. So, progress?

Reaction Score
I've been a fan of Randy Edsall since RE1.0 and since he came back but no more. He and his whole staff should be fired now. This team has a lot of talented players, it's the coaches that suck. The off season transfers were very very telling.
You should've stopped being a fan of his when he sold out his players and slithered away to his dream job.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think that Wagner is an underrated team and they did very well. Thankfully, UConn won in the end. But it is not all doom and gloom for the season. I think the Huskies are much better than last year.
We are more talented than last year, but as long as RE remains the coach this program is going no where. Beaudry gave it his all, but against an FBS team he would have been picked off 4 or 5 times, not just once. His lack of awareness with respect to the defenders isn't very good, and the accuracy of his passes wasn't very good either. Maybe he'll improve as the season goes on but I doubt it. Randy Edsall teams always seem like they lose their focus as the game wears on, that's on the coach and his assistants.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here’s the thing, we weren’t that far from blowing them out for a good portion of that game. Dropped TD pass, fumble near the red zone, pick six near the red zone, long TD run allowed...

With that being said, I don’t think it matters. Our QB was terrible and the o-line was underwhelming to put it kindly. We’re in for another long year.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Kicking and punting solid. Harris looks good. Iden on KO’s. Aussie always pounds it. The coverage? Yikes. Would prefer not to let teams start at the 40

Reaction Score
How Edsall could play this as a not to lose game is beyond me. It’s really pathetic. A total of one pass in the middle of the field. Same 8 and out route so many times it was begging for a pick 6. Linebackers remain pathetic except for the new transfer. D line is good but slow. A real mobile FBS QB ears then alive.

Reaction Score
Ok, everyone chill. Wow.

Beaudry was fine. He will be fine. He made a lot of nice throws, made a couple bad ones, was limited by some really awful playcalling but he was totally fine. 385 total yards? Fine.

Our offensive line was pretty bad in run blocking, but for the most part held up a wall pass blocking.

Drayton is good. Maurisseau(sp?) is good. I've always believed Donaldson should get more burn. Fine at WR.

Do we have TEs?

Defense was fine. CBs covered competitively. We have 4-5 competent DL, Dillon Harris, Kevin Jones, and DJ Morgan are solid. Most of the game was actually fine. Got tired and lost focus in 2nd half but honestly 185 yards and 14 pts? I don't care if it's FCS or Southington High, after last year we take that all day.

The fact is that we were massively inefficient. Fumble, turnover on downs, dropped TD, timely penalties, pick six, all in plus territory.

They aren't good. But they aren't historically embarrassing like last year. So, progress?
That is sort of my take. They pretty much dominated the game but made dumb plays that kept letting Wagner back in. The pick six came what atvthe 20;yard line? Two turn overs in the other team’s territory. A dropped pass in the end zone. Almost 400 yds offense to 185. Wagner had I think 2 first down at halftime. They ended with 105 yards rushing but 55 came on 1 play.

It wasn’t good and there is clearly work to do. On to Illinois.

Reaction Score
Cincy beat UCLA at home, what we do against UCLA? If we diverted there plane to Logan airport and they became lost we would win. If they showed up at the Rent, we would have lost by a few TD, If lucky.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think that Wagner is an underrated team and they did very well. Thankfully, UConn won in the end. But it is not all doom and gloom for the season. I think the Huskies are much better than last year.
Nope, nobody else. Just you, dummy

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That is sort of my take. They pretty much dominated the game but made dumb plays that kept letting Wagner back in. The pick six came what atvthe 20;yard line? Two turn overs in the other team’s territory. A dropped pass in the end zone. Almost 400 yds offense to 185. Wagner had I think 2 first down at halftime. They ended with 105 yards rushing but 55 came on 1 play.

It wasn’t good and there is clearly work to do. On to Illinois.
We have at least 10 TE on the roster. You over 6’1”? You a TE

Reaction Score
Ok, everyone chill. Wow.

Do we have TEs?

Mensah is meh.. He is a step slow, and can’t break loose to the open field. Like Tompkins. Why the load share went to Mensah is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Here’s the thing, we weren’t that far from blowing them out for a good portion of that game. Dropped TD pass, fumble near the red zone, pick six near the red zone, long TD run allowed...

With that being said, I don’t think it matters. Our QB was terrible and the o-line was underwhelming to put it kindly. We’re in for another long year.

Right. It was different from most of the other FCS games in years past where we squeaked by, or lost in one case, and every game I thought the result was no fluke. This game I thought we didn't play well and we should have won by a lot.

However, Wagner is worse than most or all of the FCS teams we played, and its hard to see how we're going to score points this year. Defensively I thought we surpassed my expectations, regardless of opponent, however I highly doubt we've improved enough to win games without a strong offense going forward.

Game felt very different from last year, but felt more like a Diaco game than a real improvement

Reaction Score
Ok, everyone chill. Wow.

All of Beaudry's deep passes were either overthrown or wide left or right of the receiver. What really scares me about him is he has no awareness of the defense, if he doesn't improve fast he will set the UConn record for most picks by a QB in one season.
This is all on Edsall, why Krajewski didn't start is a mystery to me.

I do agree with you though on Mason Donaldson, Drayton, and Maurisseau. Actually said that a couple days ago in another post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Im ready to sell my soul for art briles. Just about every program does not care about morals and ethics, why should we? Give the man a second chance and we rebuild together. I want to lose 45-43 against quality teams in competitive and entertaining games, not win 24-21 against scrub fcs teams

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom