Statement Game ... Lack of Progress | The Boneyard

Statement Game ... Lack of Progress

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Let's get this out of the way right now. We're running the offense Edsall wants us to run the way he wants it run and it almost cost us the game tonight. A lot of players not used or not utilized enough so we could do the same thing over and over. So conservative late in games.

Reaction Score
That was some of the worst football I’ve ever watched. And I saw us lose to Towson
It was worse listening to it from Long Island. Gorgeous weather, spoiled the end of our vacation. Drove the car onto the Orient Point ferry and took a nap on the way back. Couldn't take it anymore.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good news is defense won't obliterate last year's futility.

Good news is offense looks like it can run the ball.

Bad news is pretty much everything else. The Beaufort winning QB battle is bad. He has command of the huddle but he woefully overthrew and underthrew so many passes I future at QB is rough.

Reaction Score
Let's get this out of the way right now. We're running the offense Edsall wants us to run the way he wants it run and it almost cost us the game tonight. A lot of players not used or not utilized enough so we could do the same thing over and over. So conservative late in games.
The playcalling was terrible. Absolutely terrible. I saw no philosophy besides "run the ball unless you can't, and even then, sometimes run the ball"

Reaction Score

And to think, so many want to keep running this "one yard and a cloud of dust offense" (TM) when we could be running the triple option.

SMH

Reaction Score
He sucks so badly. Calling him a dinosaur wouldn't be fair to dinosaurs.

Reaction Score
The plusses from tonight:

1. A win is a win
2. The Defense didn't look like they were in the prevent from the opening snap.
3. Art Thompkins
4. Matt Drayton
5. Kevin Mensah
6. Not one but 2 sacks in big spots
7. Flawless in extra points and FGs
8. And thankfully our punter Kicks Ass!

Reaction Score
Pros: Rushed the ball well, Thompkins is a good player, defense played well for 3 quarters.

Cons: Costly turnovers, no explosiveness on offense, QB play wasn’t good, Dropped TD pass, Defense wore down late, no separation from our receivers. Play calling not lose is a recipe for a loss.

Take Away: A big win tonight would have injected a lot of hope into the program and fan base. Barely winning more likely means more of the same.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
We appear to have no capacity to throw over the top. No idea how we’re going to run the ball against FBS oponents.

OTOH, still undefeated!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Who wasn’t utilized? We clearly saw that our starting quarterback can’t throw the ball more than ten yards in the air without risking an interception. He’s terrible, and worse than that, he probably isn’t durable enough to last all season

Reaction Score
Would love to know why Ardell Brown was not featured at all, was he even active? So little info comes out of RE and nothing was mentioned on the air unless I missed it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom