Statement Game ... Lack of Progress | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Statement Game ... Lack of Progress

Reaction Score
This is the best effort R.E.2.0 has to offer.?......third year in....time to re-think r.e. and move on. .
Very discouraging and disappointed in coaching effort.
No creativity.

Reaction Score
Well if Edsall starts him next week hopefully Beaudry will have learned from his first game, watching film, etc. That being said, I still think Krajewski is a far more talented QB based on what I saw August 4th.
You might be right. Krajewski has a big arm. Until we have a real offensive playbook that has more than quick outs, bubble screens and flares mixed with the occasional go route, nobody will develop.

Reaction Score
You might be right. Krajewski has a big arm. Until we have a real offensive playbook that has more than quick outs, bubble screens and flares mixed with the occasional go route, nobody will develop.

Edsall kept saying Steven Krajewski needs to develop the confidence needed to play at this level and not try to be perfect all the time. Maybe that's true, but (I've said this before) Steven Krajewski didn't lack confidence playing at a very prominent high school in GA last year. A school to which he transferred from MI for his senior year and at which he won the starting job and took the team to the state championship game. In that game he took the team the length of the field for a touchdown in about a minute, scoring with about 30 seconds left to take the lead.
HOWEVER, his team then committed THREE too many men on the field penalties which allowed the other team to move close enough to kick the field goal to win it. Steven Krajewski did not show any lack of confidence on his throws.
Edsall says Steven Krajewski just needs to "let it go".................maybe he was looking in the mirror when he said that.

Reaction Score
Mensah is meh.. He is a step slow, and can’t break loose to the open field. Like Tompkins. Why the load share went to Mensah is beyond me.
Edsall wants to reestablish a run game that would produce 1000 yard seasons for RBs again. I can see his plan or objectives to some degree, it's just going to be painfully slow.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I don't know how you can find any positives out of that game. That was an awful Wagner team and an awful performance from UConn.

Did you see the way we fair caught those kickoffs?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Are their really people who watched last night's passing game that think we should pass more?

#1 looked like the only real player on the offensive side of the ball. Donaldson also needs to play more. He may not be the best WR we have, but he gets open and catches the ball when it's thrown to him.

I can't recall more than one pass that looked good in the air.

Also, message to Diaco..err..Edsall. When you have a chance to get 3 take it instead of gambling on a 4th and 4 when you are up ten. Your kicker was the only other guy on offense that looked like he knew what he was doing. Don't deny him the reps, you may need him to win you a game this season.

Coverage teams also looked bad, even if the punter is out kicking the coverage team.

Reaction Score
It was worse listening to it from Long Island. Gorgeous weather, spoiled the end of our vacation. Drove the car onto the Orient Point ferry and took a nap on the way back. Couldn't take it anymore.
I'm confused... Didn't you start another post saying you left in the 2nd quarter. "Big Day, things to do"...
hmmmmmmm.....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let’s lay the blame where it belongs - the negative nancies who rightly predicted this mess.
“Energy vampires”. That’s probably why we ran out gas in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Our punt and kickoff coverage has been lacking for years. We have not had any thumpers out there and it shows. Some of this is due to lack of depth at LB and DB.
Not running a QB sneak on 4th and short was stupid when you have a 240 lb QB.
I was confused last year when Donaldson did not get any playing time.
Our tight ends have become pulling guards. If Edsall wants to run his offense like this he should go back to a FB, put the tight end on the LOS and have the QB take snaps under center. It might work better.

Reaction Score
Might as well slap a different number on Neidrowski and have him play TE all the time and help block. Saw him on goal line.

Thompkins is much quicker than Mensah. Hope he gets more carries. Hits the line harder.

Beaudry actually made some nice throws toward the sidelines for first downs.

Kyle Williams played alot. Wasnt expecting that.

Gilmartin is a tough kid but he looked awfully small out there.

Defense tiring in 4th.

Peart hasn't developed.

We have a good punter.

Our section was overun with friends and friends of friends of STHs. Came in drunk and and were hitting the beers and what seemed like an endless supply of nips pretty hard. That became as ugly as what was on the field. We ended up walking the red line. Traffic flow sucked as mentioned elsewhere. The state cops couldnt be bothered to halt traffic allowing pedestrians to cross parking lots. It has devolved into a total shishow.

Reaction Score
Edsall wants to reestablish a run game that would produce 1000 yard seasons for RBs again. I can see his plan or objectives to some degree, it's just going to be painfully slow.
I’m good with the concept but he’s not even utilizing the pass game well enough to loosen up the second level. The reason we only ripped off a few moderate chunks was the box was stacked. In 2019, a heavy run offense is an old balanced run and pass mix.

Reaction Score
Too many long faces here. Unlike the past two years our first game was a win (that’s a good thing) and we out-gained them in all the stats. ps—they had some good players too. Beaudry was hardly the dolt you’re painting him to be. He’ll get better as he gets more game experience with his normal receivers (his two main targets all spring were missing last night). The key was getting the run game going and we did a better job than I can remember (from the RB’s) the last two years.
The D looked much improved and will get even better as they acclimate to Spanos’ system in real time.
Sometimes in life you rise or fall to the level of your competition. I look for a better game from us vs Illinois.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
we haven't won a game in like 350 days. new qb in first game went 14/21, 160, 1 pick. rbs put up hundreds of yards rushing. ol did their job. couple/tree sacks by dl, while shutting down the run. dbs kept the plays in front of them. kickers made all the kicks. final score says we won, and the eye test says we were the better team. we haven't won a game in like 350 days.
seems like progress to me. 1-0.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm confused... Didn't you start another post saying you left in the 2nd quarter. "Big Day, things to do"...
hmmmmmmm.....
I was thinking the same - I guess he got in his car before half, drove to the ferry, got on the ferry, took a nap and was still listening on Long Island.....................................

Reaction Score
No I wasn't, I was dead wrong about the coaches. Who are you blaming, the players? GFY, and go find someone else to attack, dpsht.

You're not just a man, you're ALL man!

/sarcasm

Reaction Score
It was pretty cool when we had 2 all american running backs. It would be fun to have that again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom